• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
May I present.. the majesty of ORANGE RIPSTOP!!!

Orange Ripstop Main.jpg
Orange Ripstop Cuff.jpg
Orange Ripstop Detail.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw Eva I meant to ask, any special instructions for washing the sashiko doyle or just the typical cotton fare? Didn't notice any tags on it
Nope you're good to go... you can wash it in either cold or warm. Machine drying on lower heat is totally fine, although you'll get

Really curious what got cut off at the end of the this message??

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope you're good to go... you can wash it in either cold or warm. Machine drying on lower heat is totally fine, although you'll get

That reminded me of a really good joke about cliffhangers...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

oh sorry... meant to say that you’ll get better color preservation over the long term with hang drying. Machines tend to fade dark colors uniformly.

That said, this dye process is really strong so if you machine dry every now and then it won’t make much of a difference

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Rory here, an Epaulet alumni (ex-employee), and big fan of all things Styleforum - many of you guys will have received packages I packed and thank you cards I wrote (if it was illegible... it was probably me).

I talked to Eva last week and she suggested I post about my new company that I have been working on for the past year. Perfect time to launch, right :sarcasm:?

It is not menswear, but it is tangentially related, because we all want to look our best.

We founded Overt because of a frustration with the skincare industry. The sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing of skincare products is often far too based on hype and ingredients that lack any form of scientific basis. So we decided to create Overt. A different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity.

Since these products are gender neutral, and really work for all skin types, I wanted to show you guys, the Styleforum guys, all about them. We talk about our facility where we make the products, which is just 45 minutes away from where I grew up. Our products are full of effective ingredients without any unnecessary fillers. We donate 10% of our annual profit to fight human exploitation (oftentimes, sadly, a result of poorly audited supply chains - something that is pretty apparent in the skincare industry). Our products are fairly priced, and offer exceptional value. It goes without saying, no animal testing, an FDA certified facility, and properly sourced ingredients are the basics.

Our collection features five essential serums that were made using sustainably sourced ingredients to produce world class, gender neutral products. These five serums target most common skincare issues in different ways:
  • The Hydrator - Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Centella Asiatica targets dry and rough skin (dry skin leads to wrinkles and fine lines)
  • The Brightener - 20% Water Soluble (more stable) Vitamin C and added Hyaluronic Acid targets dull tired skin, and uneven skin tone
  • The Restorer - Copper Peptides, Matrixyl 3000, Antioxidants and Amino Acids help soothe and repair your skin's natural barrier by encouraging collagen growth. It builds up more resilient, thicker, skin by strengthening your skin's protective barrier.
  • The Smoother - 2.5% Retinol Serum, Jojoba Oil, Centella Asiatica and Aloe Vera targets fine lines, wrinkles and other aging concerns by accelerating your skin cell turnover leading to quicker, rejuvenated skin.
  • The Renewer - a plant derived Epidermal Growth Factor with added soy Isoflavones and peptides to address texture, hyperpigmentation, scarring and aging concerns.
We also have 'duos' packages of two full sized serums that target skincare problems right at the source. They are a great way to find the correct serums for your skin without having to do mountains of research. Additionally, because they are a packaged set, they are discounted. The easily navigable page, we hope, will make it clear what kind of serums would benefit your skin.

I sent Eva a little sample pack last week of our five serums, and I am sure she will chime in to tell you about them!

I've also created a Styleforum exclusive discount code for you guys that will work until July 4th. Enter STYLEFORUM at checkout to get 10% off the cost of any of the products.

I'll stick around the thread answering any questions - about Overt, skincare in general, or what it was like hustling at the old Epaulet location in NYC :)

Cheers,

Rory

scoobmx

Reaction score
Hey all,

Rory here, an Epaulet alumni (ex-employee), and big fan of all things Styleforum - many of you guys will have received packages I packed and thank you cards I wrote (if it was illegible... it was probably me).

I talked to Eva last week and she suggested I post about my new company that I have been working on for the past year. Perfect time to launch, right :sarcasm:?

It is not menswear, but it is tangentially related, because we all want to look our best.

We founded Overt because of a frustration with the skincare industry. The sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing of skincare products is often far too based on hype and ingredients that lack any form of scientific basis. So we decided to create Overt. A different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity.

Since these products are gender neutral, and really work for all skin types, I wanted to show you guys, the Styleforum guys, all about them. We talk about our facility where we make the products, which is just 45 minutes away from where I grew up. Our products are full of effective ingredients without any unnecessary fillers. We donate 10% of our annual profit to fight human exploitation (oftentimes, sadly, a result of poorly audited supply chains - something that is pretty apparent in the skincare industry). Our products are fairly priced, and offer exceptional value. It goes without saying, no animal testing, an FDA certified facility, and properly sourced ingredients are the basics.

Our collection features five essential serums that were made using sustainably sourced ingredients to produce world class, gender neutral products. These five serums target most common skincare issues in different ways:
  • The Hydrator - Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Centella Asiatica targets dry and rough skin (dry skin leads to wrinkles and fine lines)
  • The Brightener - 20% Water Soluble (more stable) Vitamin C and added Hyaluronic Acid targets dull tired skin, and uneven skin tone
  • The Restorer - Copper Peptides, Matrixyl 3000, Antioxidants and Amino Acids help soothe and repair your skin's natural barrier by encouraging collagen growth. It builds up more resilient, thicker, skin by strengthening your skin's protective barrier.
  • The Smoother - 2.5% Retinol Serum, Jojoba Oil, Centella Asiatica and Aloe Vera targets fine lines, wrinkles and other aging concerns by accelerating your skin cell turnover leading to quicker, rejuvenated skin.
  • The Renewer - a plant derived Epidermal Growth Factor with added soy Isoflavones and peptides to address texture, hyperpigmentation, scarring and aging concerns.
We also have 'duos' packages of two full sized serums that target skincare problems right at the source. They are a great way to find the correct serums for your skin without having to do mountains of research. Additionally, because they are a packaged set, they are discounted. The easily navigable page, we hope, will make it clear what kind of serums would benefit your skin.

I sent Eva a little sample pack last week of our five serums, and I am sure she will chime in to tell you about them!

I've also created a Styleforum exclusive discount code for you guys that will work until July 4th. Enter STYLEFORUM at checkout to get 10% off the cost of any of the products.

I'll stick around the thread answering any questions - about Overt, skincare in general, or what it was like hustling at the old Epaulet location in NYC :)

Cheers,

Rory

Thanks for the code. Quick question here - for someone with a hyperpigmented spot, I would have first picked the Vitamin C product, but then saw the EGF product that targets hyperpigmentation. Any suggestions about which I should get if I:
1. Have used hydroquinone products on and off (a brighten period of 1-2 months + 4-5 months of rest period - per hydroquinone recommendations).
2. Intend to use a product during the 'rest period' to help maintain the pigmentation of that area. This is where I would use the Overt product.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the code. Quick question here - for someone with a hyperpigmented spot, I would have first picked the Vitamin C product, but then saw the EGF product that targets hyperpigmentation. Any suggestions about which I should get if I:
1. Have used hydroquinone products on and off (a brighten period of 1-2 months + 4-5 months of rest period - per hydroquinone recommendations).
2. Intend to use a product during the 'rest period' to help maintain the pigmentation of that area. This is where I would use the Overt product.

Hey, great question - if you are using hydroquinone as described then the best option would be our Vitamin C serum to maintain skin tone while brightening while during the 'rest' period. EGF also does wonders for hyperpigmentation and is very effective when applied at night before sleeping. Taking these into account, perhaps the best option for you would be our duo of Vitamin C and EGF.

I'd recommend using the Vitamin C daily in the AM before applying further moisture and always follow with SPF (I like Biore sunscreen). I would then use the EGF at night before bed (and additional moisturizer) starting at three times a week and ramping it up to daily usage. As always, spot test on the back of your hand to ensure compatibility.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Cheers,

Rory

Hey everyone! Couple of quick notes from me:

1) Rory is a great guy and was both a Epaulet employee and a long-standing customer. He loves ska, and he graciously pretended not to have a kitsch-overload during his interview at the beloved but seriously over-the-top El Quijote restaurant in NYC.

2) He really knows his stuff about skincare and his product looks excellent. If you're interested in this and you have questions, drop him a PM and he'll drop some knowledge on you.

3) Outside of the little sample pack that Rory generously sent to me, I'm not getting paid or compensated in any way by Overt. I just think it's rad that he started this business from nothing, and it could be helpful for our thread members, particularly if you're dealing with skin issues.

4) I've mentioned this before, but I invite everyone on here to consider this thread to be a community space. If you have a business or a product or project that you really think the other guys on here would find interesting, then please feel free to post it up here.

Last edited:

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Overt - I'm not a skincare person and generally just use the free old person Clubman Pinaud stuff that my health club stocks in the locker room but since they've been closed for some time (and I'm in no rush to get back in there once they do open) maybe it's time to give something other than the cheapo Suave combo shampoo-conditioner-body wash-grill cleaner-moisturizer-coffee maker descaler stuff I buy in bulk from Amazon.

If @Epaulet trusts your stuff, that's a good endorsement in my book (Eva hasn't steered me wrong with American Trench or MKII or other things that I can't remember). I'm going to give the Hydrator and the "Retexturizing Duo" a try.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Overt - I'm not a skincare person and generally just use the free old person Clubman Pinaud stuff that my health club stocks in the locker room but since they've been closed for some time (and I'm in no rush to get back in there once they do open) maybe it's time to give something other than the cheapo Suave combo shampoo-conditioner-body wash-grill cleaner-moisturizer-coffee maker descaler stuff I buy in bulk from Amazon.

If @Epaulet trusts your stuff, that's a good endorsement in my book (Eva hasn't steered me wrong with American Trench or MKII or other things that I can't remember). I'm going to give the Hydrator and the "Retexturizing Duo" a try.

:worship: Thank you! We just saw it come through. We are super pleased and hope you love it.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Cheers,

Rory

If we're inexperienced with skincare products how can we tell which ones might benefit us the most? I know I'm dull and tired but have no idea about my skin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads