• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

janoy89

Reaction score
Just got a chance to check out my sashiko doyle, goddamn it's so good! Fabric is an amazing mix of soft and substantial, the medium grey color is perfect too.

Seriously recommended to anyone on the fence, Eva you're a star!

shrugged

Reaction score
Just got a chance to check out my sashiko doyle, goddamn it's so good! Fabric is an amazing mix of soft and substantial, the medium grey color is perfect too.

Really want to get one in blue, but the 38's sell out in a moment.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really want to get one in blue, but the 38's sell out in a moment.

the crew at Snake Oil have one unit left in size 38....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is this the Gable fit? And Is this Wool Cavalry or Cotton?

Yes that's definitely the Gable. Pretty sure it's wool, but probably best to check with @SpooPoker on that one

Thank you so much... I really appreciate it! I'm thrilled to hear that you're so pleased with the jacket!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just took delivery of 68 custom Doyles and Sinclairs.

It's really incredible! This was like picking up a small treasure chest -- I can't believe how fantastic these look. It's exciting to see this custom program start to bear fruit, and I think you're going to be really delighted with how they turned out. I'm taking photos and video of each fabric variant, and we'll get these shipped out between today and Monday. I think that the custom Rivets and Wilhelms will be ready to go around the end of next week.

I'm going to say that the sleeper hit of this entire batch is actually orange ripstop. It's so dope that I can't take it. The color is a little more subdued in person (well, as subdued as bright orange can be), so it gives off a rad Stone Island vibe rather than a "don't shoot me while I'm hunting" vibe. I'll post pics later!

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just took delivery of 68 custom Doyles and Sinclairs.

It's really incredible! This was like picking up a small treasure chest -- I can't believe how fantastic these look. It's exciting to see this custom program start to bear fruit, and I think you're going to be really delighted with how they turned out. I'm taking photos and video of each fabric variant, and we'll get these shipped out between today and Monday. I think that the custom Rivets and Wilhelms will be ready to go around the end of next week.

I'm going to say that the sleeper hit of this entire batch is actually orange ripstop. It's so dope that I can't take it. The color is a little more subdued in person (well, as subdued as bright orange can be), so it gives off a rad Stone Island vibe rather than a "don't shoot me while I'm hunting" vibe. I'll post pics later!
hoping a couple of mine made this cut! thanks for the update!

Reactions: ljl

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh snap - I've been looking for a larger Thorpe for years. The original is still my favorite jacket I've ever gotten through EP.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this dope French Blue duck canvas jacket for @Caustic Man ...

BD04808A-EB0F-4B50-98FB-B1B3146F6E51.jpeg

DBDE4AEA-3290-4EC6-9C4D-62F1B7CA420A.jpeg

Really nice choice with the white buttons!

aapmm

Reaction score
@Epaulet, the MTO piques and Brisbane moss chinos look killer! Should we expect shrinkage on the pique fabric?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Just a reminder of my address change if any of those new pieces are heading my way! From DUMBO to Park Slope.

janoy89

Reaction score
Btw Eva I meant to ask, any special instructions for washing the sashiko doyle or just the typical cotton fare? Didn't notice any tags on it

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Btw Eva I meant to ask, any special instructions for washing the sashiko doyle or just the typical cotton fare? Didn't notice any tags on it
Sashiko Doyle’s are preshrunk to oblivion, so I believe it’s your typical cotton cold/hang dry. Though I suppose you could dry as well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, the MTO piques and Brisbane moss chinos look killer! Should we expect shrinkage on the pique fabric?

Thanks! I'm really so excited for these. I've had some requests for custom Doyles & Sinclairs to match... we should be able to accommodate that in at least the Crosscut Pique fabrics. I can set up an item for that tomorrow.

Just a reminder of my address change if any of those new pieces are heading my way! From DUMBO to Park Slope.

Gotcha... well noted! Congrats on the move too, that's gotta be a nice change.

Nope you're good to go... you can wash it in either cold or warm. Machine drying on lower heat is totally fine, although you’ll get better color preservation with hang drying over the long term.

Thanks! If I wear size 29 Walt, I'm thinking 28 in the Gable should be okay right because of the high rise?

Yes, for most guys that would work fine. Provided those haven't been altered, you'd also have a lot of seam allowance in the back too

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads