• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I come in peace and will likely get flamed for this but IMHO I think it's time to retire the Doyle(and I bought 7).

IMHO the design is, I don't know, played out? I wouldn't mind a lean towards what EG does. Not a duplication but something in the vicinity with an Epaulet vibe.

I mean no harm. Just an opinion that might be a breath of fresh air and open up a new market?

Feel free to delete if it's too out there.

Haha no, anyone is allowed to post any opinion that they want on here. It's totally valid. I think that people's tastes move in and out, but the chore coat is a standard and definitely here to stay. Business-wise, the corornavirus quarantine forced me to curtail my product development and focus on what I could actually make.. which was namely Rivets, Sinclairs, and Doyles. And my sales of stock items are actually better than they've been in years.

But to your point, I'm no longer doing things like stocking duck canvas Doyles in 10 colors. Sashiko is its own beast and that works wonderfully. Most of the other Doyle's that I'm offering are custom and project-based, so guys who like and know the shape can purchase something really unique.

But don't worry.. I have some new stuff coming down the road for Fall!

@Epaulet question about the extent that MTO jackets like the Sinclair can be custom-sized: what would the waist be on a size 40 sinclair, and is there an option to size it down for someone with a bigger 'drop' or would just otherwise prefer a more fitted and tapered look?

The Sinclair is about a drop 6 body, so figure that a size 40 is going to work best natively for a waist size 33 or 34. I don't have any way to change that in production, but as an unlined piece, it's really easy to have that tailored in by 1 or two inches if you want it to be more fitted.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha no, anyone is allowed to post any opinion that they want on here. It's totally valid. I think that people's tastes move in and out, but the chore coat is a standard and definitely here to stay. Business-wise, the corornavirus quarantine forced me to curtail my product development and focus on what I could actually make.. which was namely Rivets, Sinclairs, and Doyles. And my sales of stock items are actually better than they've been in years.

But to your point, I'm no longer doing things like stocking duck canvas Doyles in 10 colors. Sashiko is its own beast and that works wonderfully. Most of the other Doyle's that I'm offering are custom and project-based, so guys who like and know the shape can purchase something really unique.

But don't worry.. I have some new stuff coming down the road for Fall!
Cool. I know you have your base that digs these so keep on truckin'!

Some jackets with thin fabrics and narrower collar ends with collars that don't lay flat. Sorta like a shirt collar would be interesting Maybe something besides only patch pocket option? Flip pockets? No chest pockets?o_O
But thinner drapey fabrics fo' sho' though. Something super no doubt casual to wear with jeans....

Anyhow. Don't mind me. I'm just riffing. Carry on?........

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Doyle’s. I have four of them - all in different fabrics and I think the shape adapts well to a large of fabrics and takes on a different vibe depending on the fabric used. I would, however, be interested to see the exact same body and sleeves with a completely clean, pocketless front. Especially with the more Luxe fabrics, I think this would really work well. Utility wise, a hidden interior pocket would be nice, but I suppose to keep it completely hidden, the front would have to be lined so maybe that's just not possible.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Does anyone have any progress pics of the unfinished horsehide leather jackets? @Epaulet does yours still fit you? Any plans to run that again?

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any progress pics of the unfinished horsehide leather jackets?

0C6EC7CF-520C-400F-ACE6-73FA08812F58.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love the Doyle’s. I have four of them - all in different fabrics and I think the shape adapts well to a large of fabrics and takes on a different vibe depending on the fabric used. I would, however, be interested to see the exact same body and sleeves with a completely clean, pocketless front. Especially with the more Luxe fabrics, I think this would really work well. Utility wise, a hidden interior pocket would be nice, but I suppose to keep it completely hidden, the front would have to be lined so maybe that's just not possible.

Thanks.. yeah you've got some really great fabrications. And it's totally possible to delete all of the pockets. You're right that doing a hidden interior pocket would need a liner, so I'm not set up for that. But you can remove all of the pockets or just some of them -- just put the note in checkout comments.

Does anyone have any progress pics of the unfinished horsehide leather jackets? @Epaulet does yours still fit you? Any plans to run that again?

Man, that is so great!! That jacket looks gorgeous.

And no, I actually sold that sample a few years ago. I have an Aero ladies jacket now, and I'm definitely going to order another once once the factory is formally up and running again. I doubt I'd be able to wear it anyway, I'm significantly heavier than when that photo shoot happened. The Quarantine 15 was definitely real for me, lol.

My friend Vladimir just took delivery of his cafe racer and has promised to keep us updated with aging photos throughout the Summer. He owns a Triumph dealership and rides nearly every day, so I'm thinking that the jacket is going to develop really quickly...

IMG_2624.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working on the Sashiko suiting pics as we speak. Going to launch everything with a newsletter in the morning, but I'll post up the links as I build out the items later today. Here's some previews below. I gotta say... this thing works PERFECTLY. Pretty sure that the two-piece Sashiko suit is the best thing that we've ever offered.

Navy Sashiko Sinclair with Khakis.jpg
Grey Sashiko Sinclair Cuff.jpg
Grey Sashiko Suit Main.jpg
Navy Sashiko Suit Main.jpg

Racing Green

Reaction score
DCCA6954-A3CE-4BF0-B6EC-1AD924CDA917.jpeg
C6D61173-B84B-4CB3-8D81-F8C3CE8A019C.jpeg

Couple of similar Jungle poplin Doyle pics. Perfect summer weight jacket.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I love the look of that antique iron silk. But question: will there be an Albini linen custom round soon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads