• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW WILHELM CHINOS & UPDATES

I'll post more on this tomorrow, but the new Wilhelms are online here.

Use the code wilhelm15 to save 15% on them. The stock in Cramerton & Jungle Poplin is super limited, so definitely grab it tonight if we have your size and you're interested in a pair. That Jungle Poplin ties back perfectly to the in-stock Doyle & Sinclair if you want to make a full 2-piece suit.

Also... big things happening at the factory. Here's the latest:

1) We're shipping Natural Sashiko Rivets and a few remaining Natural Sashiko jackets tomorrow

2) Black & Grey Sashiko was dropped off at the dye house today. Looking for that to finish dye on Friday and be ready to ship Mon-Tuesday

3) Navy Sashiko goes to dye on Friday and will be ready to ship end of next week

4) There's over 100 custom garments in work right now at our LA factory... which is BONKERS. Figure end of next week we'll be ready to offer Silk Matka and Albini Linen for a Summertime special order delivery.

5) The deadline for ordering shorts was pushed back until next Tuesday. Won't affect our delivery window for them.

Thanks!

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Eva, I feel like this has been addressed before, but how do you get the thigh measurement for the trousers? I find that a lot of makers measure differently or at different points on the thigh, making it difficult to compare measurements

Racing Green

Reaction score
Jungle Poplin Doyle landed and it's a beauty. Really nice weight and feel to it. Will see a lot of use as summer outerwear and a 3 season layering piece.

apolloali

Reaction score
pretty fair to assume rivet shorts will take same size as rivet chinos? shorts are so hit or miss for me, kinda on the fence about it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eva, I feel like this has been addressed before, but how do you get the thigh measurement for the trousers? I find that a lot of makers measure differently or at different points on the thigh, making it difficult to compare measurements

Sure thing, I flip up one leg and measure it as such....

ThighWidth_preview.png

@Epaulet Are the eternal corduroy parkas still on track to ship this week?

Oh my apologies... we only sold three of them and I thought that I reached out to everyone. I can still do them, but it will probably have to wait until later this month. Cutting and sewing them is really complicated, and it was impossible to do once the shutdown hit. The other customers opted to wait and get theirs to wear for the next season. I can also do the parka in Sashiko if you prefer.

I'm excited about having a pair of pants that won't be ruined when I inevitably spill coffee on them.

I like this plan!!

pretty fair to assume rivet shorts will take same size as rivet chinos? shorts are so hit or miss for me, kinda on the fence about it.

Yup, you should get your regular Rivet Chino size. I think that these would fit you great! Really nice for the humid weather too. We're going to have the preorder up until the middle of next week.

And... I hate to do this, but I literally don't have anyone to shoot the samples on. Jay is still on the East Coast and the model that I booked for this week wasn't able to make it. Since people are asking what a 8 inseam looks like... this is going to be the length on most people. This isn't my photo or our shorts, it's just to give you an idea of the general overall fit and length.

IMG_1771.jpg

janoy89

Reaction score
@Epaulet is it still possible to get in on the sashiko doyle project? I noticed the page is still up so wasn't sure

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Sure thing, I flip up one leg and measure it as such....

ThighWidth_preview.png

Oh my apologies... we only sold three of them and I thought that I reached out to everyone. I can still do them, but it will probably have to wait until later this month. Cutting and sewing them is really complicated, and it was impossible to do once the shutdown hit. The other customers opted to wait and get theirs to wear for the next season. I can also do the parka in Sashiko if you prefer.

I like this plan!!

Yup, you should get your regular Rivet Chino size. I think that these would fit you great! Really nice for the humid weather too. We're going to have the preorder up until the middle of next week.

And... I hate to do this, but I literally don't have anyone to shoot the samples on. Jay is still on the East Coast and the model that I booked for this week wasn't able to make it. Since people are asking what a 8 inseam looks like... this is going to be the length on most people. This isn't my photo or our shorts, it's just to give you an idea of the general overall fit and length.

View attachment 1401024
you can ship those 32s over to me and i’ll take some product shots for ya! ;)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet is it still possible to get in on the sashiko doyle project? I noticed the page is still up so wasn't sure

Yes! I have some extra stock coming through. We can take orders for the following:

Jackets: Size 38 through 44 in Navy, Black, or Grey
Rivets: Size 31 through 36 in Navy, Black or Grey

All of the Natural units are claimed, and all of the sizes outside of that range are claimed.

I'll have Grey and Black finished and ready to ship on Tuesday-Wednesday. Navy will be done and ready to ship Thursday-Friday. This stuff came out SO boss.

About 95% of the Natural units are shipped and en-route. I've got a few orders waiting for dyed pants or jackets, and a few international ones leaving next week.

Natural Sashiko Sinclair rough pics but man ups man left it in my garage without telling me. Glad I checked the tracking.

View attachment 1401134

Looks so great! Really glad that it arrived. We ran the natural through an extra-hot wash to zap the shrinkage and it darkened the ecru tone a touch. I absolutely love how it came out.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, couple of other quick things to consider....

1) All of those LA factory special orders (denims, chambrays, ripstops) are all totally in work and we should start to get finished pieces in the next two weeks. This will be the fastest turnaround that we've ever had... and I hope that we can routinely get it down to under 6 weeks for subsequent rounds.

2) The Sashiko suiting may be the best thing that I've ever made. I need to get a model to shoot it on next week, but I really can't wait to show this stuff to you. I think it's really, really next level. I feel like the Navy Sinclair could be a perfect sample for everyone's wardrobe.

3) My factory needs some more work ASAP so I'm going to try and be creative. I'd like to do a new round of Rivet Chinos with some fabrics that I have on hand. The cloth is on the heavier side and not idea for the late July delivery date, but I could do them pretty inexpensively to drum up interest. I've got:

1) Khaki Cozy Brushed Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
2) An absolutely perfect cotton Cavalry Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
3) Forest Green Pima Cotton Corduroy (old school fabric). ($125)
4) Chocolate brown ripstop ($125)
5) Digital Camo Blue ($95)
6) Digital Camo Desert ($95)

How does this sound? Would be some of the lowest prices that we've been able to offer for this stuff. We'd also offer hems.. with or without cuffs.. for $15.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
leadermask.jpg

Got a bunch of new facemasks in and we restocked some from the last round. It's still 3 for $30 and USA shipping is included in the price. Stock is pretty tight... especially on Aubergine Blackwatch and the absolutely bonkers Egyptian Cotton (from their Top Shelf assortment).

Individualized Reusable Facemasks

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, couple of other quick things to consider....

1) All of those LA factory special orders (denims, chambrays, ripstops) are all totally in work and we should start to get finished pieces in the next two weeks. This will be the fastest turnaround that we've ever had... and I hope that we can routinely get it down to under 6 weeks for subsequent rounds.

2) The Sashiko suiting may be the best thing that I've ever made. I need to get a model to shoot it on next week, but I really can't wait to show this stuff to you. I think it's really, really next level. I feel like the Navy Sinclair could be a perfect sample for everyone's wardrobe.

3) My factory needs some more work ASAP so I'm going to try and be creative. I'd like to do a new round of Rivet Chinos with some fabrics that I have on hand. The cloth is on the heavier side and not idea for the late July delivery date, but I could do them pretty inexpensively to drum up interest. I've got:

1) Khaki Cozy Brushed Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
2) An absolutely perfect cotton Cavalry Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
3) Forest Green Pima Cotton Corduroy (old school fabric). ($125)
4) Chocolate brown ripstop ($125)
5) Digital Camo Blue ($95)
6) Digital Camo Desert ($95)

How does this sound? Would be some of the lowest prices that we've been able to offer for this stuff. We'd also offer hems.. with or without cuffs.. for $15.
Can they be done as Wilhelms also?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can they be done as Wilhelms also?

Yes absolutely, but just not at those prices. With our new custom setup, I can make pretty much any fabric into a Wilhelm pant... it's just going to carry an upcharge for being an individual piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads