• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
87498B75-FFA8-491D-9F80-03585BDFF881.jpeg

quarantine fiesta

Racing Green

Reaction score
In for NYCO shorts, now to torture myself for days over what colour to get...

wesleeatl

Reaction score
preordered some shorts! added a note about a matching doyle, because short suit summer 2020!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please tell me the blue cloud sashiko sinclair can be made to order with some extra length

@lbrig it's just a sample for now, but great to see that it's getting a positive reaction!

That's nice! If I saw that color on a swatch I wouldn't have looked twice at it, but with this jacket and the white buttons it works really well.

Thanks! Yeah I think it jibes really well with the cloud stripe shirt underneath it.

Finally got around to viewing the IG video with all the shorts and the silk matka doyle fabrics. Pretty amazing stuff. What I need is a patchwork “fun” Doyle using every color...

Thanks dude was hoping that would be your style!

And good call... I'd say that after we take orders and I know which colors I'm buying, I could probably do a one-off mashup piece. Would cost quite a bit more with the extra sewing complexity, but then you'd also have (most likely) the only mashup Silk Matka jacket on planet Earth. I'd love to make that!

This is so freaking boss. I'd say that you're bringing the fiesta to anywhere that you go with that outfit.

In for NYCO shorts, now to torture myself for days over what colour to get...

Thanks! Best seller so far has been Moss, actually

preordered some shorts! added a note about a matching doyle, because short suit summer 2020!

Thank you sir! We can hook that up!

scoobmx

Reaction score
@Epaulet sorry if this has been asked before, as I don't know which 'bucket' this falls under: how is it going with the ultrafleck midnight chinos? Looks like it was part of an MTO with special fabrics, and I had a Wilhelm on order with seam taping.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet For the MTO Doyle jackets, is there any way of adding an extra 2 inches to the body length? I can see an option to add one inch but I just need an little more length.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are people ordering these shorts? I don't see them on the website

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hi Eva! Silk looks great. A few items following up on some email correspondence:

(1) Can you send me the shipping tracking number for the replacement jungle poplin Doyle? I’m moving this weekend so wanted to track shipment

(2) I saw the natural sashiko shipped out to my old address. For the McNutt indigo linen and frosty blue chambray doyles, could you please send to my new address? I provided via email.

(3) Are you still taking any custom orders? I've been thinking about the ripstop camo.

(4) I am very intrigued by the mil-spec matching shorts and Doyle. Will that happen or is it speculative? If yes, I believe I would be down 2 clown, as the kids say.

thanks! Happy Sunday.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shorts are all made already, right? no chance of a longer inseam?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet sorry if this has been asked before, as I don't know which 'bucket' this falls under: how is it going with the ultrafleck midnight chinos? Looks like it was part of an MTO with special fabrics, and I had a Wilhelm on order with seam taping.

@scoobmx all of those special order pieces are cut and waiting or going through sewing. Should be fully received within a few weeks. Once all of those arrive, we'll reopen those special order fabrics again.

@Epaulet For the MTO Doyle jackets, is there any way of adding an extra 2 inches to the body length? I can see an option to add one inch but I just need an little more length.

Yes, that's absolutely no problem. Just write a quick note at checkout.

Hi Eva! Silk looks great. A few items following up on some email correspondence:

(1) Can you send me the shipping tracking number for the replacement jungle poplin Doyle? I’m moving this weekend so wanted to track shipment

(2) I saw the natural sashiko shipped out to my old address. For the McNutt indigo linen and frosty blue chambray doyles, could you please send to my new address? I provided via email.

(3) Are you still taking any custom orders? I've been thinking about the ripstop camo.

(4) I am very intrigued by the mil-spec matching shorts and Doyle. Will that happen or is it speculative? If yes, I believe I would be down 2 clown, as the kids say.

thanks! Happy Sunday.

Thanks Jeff! From my side:

1. I'm not sure what's up with the UPS/Shopify integration, but I can't seem to access my shipping history for generated labels. I packed that box myself and handed it off last week, so it should be in your hands shortly regardless. LMK if it doesn't materialize, but it should have your replacement jacket and a prepaid return mailer inside.

2. Special orders are closed for the moment BUT i can actually do a ripstop camo order for you. I bought some extra yardage in that cloth as we're doing a special one-off commission for Jeremy from Standard & Strange. I can easily do a single jacket or pant in that. I'll drop you an email about it.

3. Gotcha on that address update

4. Yup, we can totally do that mil-spec matching jacket. I'll build out a simple and kind of undercover item for anyone on here who's interested in it!

The shorts are all made already, right? no chance of a longer inseam?

Ah sorry, I have to do these as a big batch to hit that $95 price, so I can only offer that 8" inseam that we currently have. It's what the old school Rivet shorts were, and it was historically our most popular length.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We’re so excited to announce that our friends @hertlingusa have restarted their factory line and returned to crafting the best freaking pants in the United States. We expect to receive our pre-Covid backorder over the next weeks. Thank you to all of our customers for your support and patience! We’ll get some new ideas cooking for the Fall too

DBF8B041-302E-4080-8D66-1D68D1B8B4C1.jpeg
D516CC25-DD3E-4706-BEF7-218B9D731824.jpeg
1F7C5083-0B91-4709-9461-62C5168A3715.jpeg

wesleeatl

Reaction score
We’re so excited to announce that our friends @hertlingusa have restarted their factory line and returned to crafting the best freaking pants in the United States. We expect to receive our pre-Covid backorder over the next weeks. Thank you to all of our customers for your support and patience! We’ll get some new ideas cooking for the Fall too

View attachment 1399808 View attachment 1399809 View attachment 1399810
hell yeah, congrats to everyone there! will you be greenlighting the southwick orders to be cut at Hertling, or still holding out hope for a return to action over there in MA?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
hell yeah, congrats to everyone there! will you be greenlighting the southwick orders to be cut at Hertling, or still holding out hope for a return to action over there in MA?

Still holding out for another week or two. Nothing is set in stone for Southwick, and I'd love to be part of the team that keeps that factory going and keeps those people employed. From what I've been told, there's a lot of work behind the scenes, and the local government of Haverhill MA is really fighting to keep it going. I should know more soon... but yes, I'd look to do any custom pant orders at Hertling and any suit/sportcoat orders at Hickey Freeman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads