• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plumluck

Reaction score
If you haven’t seen the IG video with the silk jackets, oh lord. The stuff dreams are made of. Raw silk Sinclair is a match made in menswear heaven.

aapmm

Reaction score
@Epaulet, the upcoming shorts look very cool. Do you have some more info on the nyco fabric? Like its thickness, how it will breath vs regular cotton (eg. what oz twill would it breathe similar to) and how it would drape?

Most info I can find online is in reference to military jackets and pants, which look like they use thicker material than what you showed on the instagram video.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sad to report I washed my Epaulet/American Trench taupe linen Doyle in cold water and hung dry it, and the sleeves shrunk by like 2-3 inches. Looks like the jacket length also shrunk 2-3 inches. My understanding was these were pre-shrunk — is that not the case?

Disappointed as this was among my favorite pieces and now it’s more of a work shirt than a work jacket.

Sorry to hear that! The only pieces which are fully preshrunk are the washed and dyed items like Sashiko, but shrinkage is typically minor on the other things we sell. I haven't heard of that happening with all of the linen pieces we sold, but you can typically stretch it back out with another wash. There's a bunch of techniques out there, but I'd say to start simple... try washing it again, let it hang dry for a little bit, and iron it out while it's still damp. That will usually restore most of the length.

If you haven’t seen the IG video with the silk jackets, oh lord. The stuff dreams are made of. Raw silk Sinclair is a match made in menswear heaven.

Thanks! So glad that you dig them. These silk matka's are absolutely amazing. I think that we can put them up around the end of next week for orders. I just want to have all of our Sashiko finished and out, and our last round of custom stuff fully into sewing.

@Epaulet, the upcoming shorts look very cool. Do you have some more info on the nyco fabric? Like its thickness, how it will breath vs regular cotton (eg. what oz twill would it breathe similar to) and how it would drape?

Most info I can find online is in reference to military jackets and pants, which look like they use thicker material than what you showed on the instagram video.

Sure, we're going to offer five colors of NYCO (50% nylon, 50% cotton) for shorts. It's a milspec cloth that's 4.5oz heavy, so it will be really comfortable in the Summertime weather. It should breathe and drape really nicely, and I'll have full samples to show in each color. I'm going to offer a Rivet Chino short for $95, and we'll get delivery by the end of June.

IMG_1081.jpg

aapmm

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! The only pieces which are fully preshrunk are the washed and dyed items like Sashiko, but shrinkage is typically minor on the other things we sell. I haven't heard of that happening with all of the linen pieces we sold, but you can typically stretch it back out with another wash. There's a bunch of techniques out there, but I'd say to start simple... try washing it again, let it hang dry for a little bit, and iron it out while it's still damp. That will usually restore most of the length.

Thanks! So glad that you dig them. These silk matka's are absolutely amazing. I think that we can put them up around the end of next week for orders. I just want to have all of our Sashiko finished and out, and our last round of custom stuff fully into sewing.

Sure, we're going to offer five colors of NYCO (50% nylon, 50% cotton) for shorts. It's a milspec cloth that's 4.5oz heavy, so it will be really comfortable in the Summertime weather. It should breathe and drape really nicely, and I'll have full samples to show in each color. I'm going to offer a Rivet Chino short for $95, and we'll get delivery by the end of June.

View attachment 1396476
Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to say that Aero Leathers are fully up and operational again! I received a box of three gorgeous jackets today, and we've got two more boxes en-route over the next few weeks. I'll have a new shape to offer next month and we'll reopen orders for a new round of unfinished horsehide. Plus... we'll be able to offer monogram service on all jackets going forward. Check out the latest arrival...

VD Jacket Square.jpg
VD Jacket Zip Square.jpg
VD Jacket Tag Square.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to report I washed my Epaulet/American Trench taupe linen Doyle in cold water and hung dry it, and the sleeves shrunk by like 2-3 inches. Looks like the jacket length also shrunk 2-3 inches. My understanding was these were pre-shrunk — is that not the case?

Disappointed as this was among my favorite pieces and now it’s more of a work shirt than a work jacket.

Washing linen is always risky in my experience. Some of it will wrinkle up so much that you lose a lot of length. I've read of people having good results hanging linen shirts and overshirts to dry, attaching trouser hangers with the clamps clamped to the hem or cuffs and then adding a few pounds of weight to the hooks (like hang a boot on the hook if that makes any sense). Theoretically, this allows the shirt to stretch back into shape while it's drying.

Valfunde

Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet don't wanna rush you or anything but, uh, were you able to get my message and email? Nothing major or urgent as it just relates to some sizing question for Individualized shirts and I'm assuming the factory is probably not at full capacity right now.

It was for Order #49812.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick updates for everyone:

1) Eternal Corduroy arrived and it's freaking amazing! If you ordered a chino by itself, that all shipped today. If you got a jacket or a chino+jacket combo, then we'll have that out on Monday. Just waiting for the jackets to get their final buttons and seam cleaning.

2) Wilhelms (new stock and Donegal Tweed preorders) will arrive Mon-Tuesday

3) We expect to bring Sashiko garments to the dyehouse by Tuesday. With luck, I can have them in hand and ready to ship right at the end of next week. Either way it won't be long. The natural jackets are nearly all fulfilled now.

4) Shorts are going live tomorrow. The samples were run off in size 32, and there is straight up no way in hell that I was going to fit into them. With Jay still on the East Coast, I won't have any model pics, but they're the regular Rivet Chino shape that we know and love with a crowd pleasing 8" inseam. The fabric is super rad. I'm going to see if we can get a shotgun additional sample (in size 35) that I can show being worn on Tuesday.

I can't say enough good things about this short fabric... it feels amazing!

5) I tried a little bit of a crazy color for a dyed Sashiko Sinclair. I call it "Blue Cloud." What do you guys think?
Also: it's very possible that the Sashiko Suit (Sinclair & Rivet) is the best thing that I've ever designed. You're all going to absolutely love this jacket!

Blue Cloud3.jpg
Blue Cloud2.jpg

Blue Cloud1.jpg

lbrig

Reaction score
Please tell me the blue cloud sashiko sinclair can be made to order with some extra length

Beav

Reaction score
Quick updates for everyone:

1) Eternal Corduroy arrived and it's freaking amazing! If you ordered a chino by itself, that all shipped today. If you got a jacket or a chino+jacket combo, then we'll have that out on Monday. Just waiting for the jackets to get their final buttons and seam cleaning.

2) Wilhelms (new stock and Donegal Tweed preorders) will arrive Mon-Tuesday

3) We expect to bring Sashiko garments to the dyehouse by Tuesday. With luck, I can have them in hand and ready to ship right at the end of next week. Either way it won't be long. The natural jackets are nearly all fulfilled now.

4) Shorts are going live tomorrow. The samples were run off in size 32, and there is straight up no way in hell that I was going to fit into them. With Jay still on the East Coast, I won't have any model pics, but they're the regular Rivet Chino shape that we know and love with a crowd pleasing 8" inseam. The fabric is super rad. I'm going to see if we can get a shotgun additional sample (in size 35) that I can show being worn on Tuesday.

I can't say enough good things about this short fabric... it feels amazing!

5) I tried a little bit of a crazy color for a dyed Sashiko Sinclair. I call it "Blue Cloud." What do you guys think?
Also: it's very possible that the Sashiko Suit (Sinclair & Rivet) is the best thing that I've ever designed. You're all going to absolutely love this jacket!

View attachment 1397534 View attachment 1397535
View attachment 1397536
That's nice! If I saw that color on a swatch I wouldn't have looked twice at it, but with this jacket and the white buttons it works really well.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to viewing the IG video with all the shorts and the silk matka doyle fabrics. Pretty amazing stuff. What I need is a patchwork “fun” Doyle using every color...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics