• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scoobmx

Reaction score
SALE SECTION UPDATE

I'm going to drop a newsletter in a few minutes, but if you're seeing this... I marked down the remnants of our 2019 sashiko stuff. We're going to re-up in 1-2 weeks, so I'm clearing out last year's colors and shapes. There's some deeper discounts on other goods too!

Check out the Sale Section
Quick question - what's the expected shrinkage for machine washing the sashiko parkas?

refinery

Reaction score
Does anyone know who sources the below fabric is? I'm very interested. Would have bid on it but I'm not a 36 waist.

denim windowpane 1.jpg

denim windowpane 3.jpg

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Got my Hainsworth Doyle today and love it. That wool-cotton blend would make a great pair of trousers. This is my first Doyle and the fit is pretty spot on with what I wanted, so thanks to @Epaulet, and to others on the thread for posting fit guidance.

Anyone have experience rem the interior pocket before from a solid Doyle? If so, did it look noticeable afterward? I think there must have had a miscommunication on that request for the order, which is understandable (esp in these circumstances). I don’t mind it nearly enough to remove it if it would look noticeable.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a facemask! Are these going to be sold on the site as well?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my Hainsworth Doyle today and love it. That wool-cotton blend would make a great pair of trousers. This is my first Doyle and the fit is pretty spot on with what I wanted, so thanks to @Epaulet, and to others on the thread for posting fit guidance.

Anyone have experience rem the interior pocket before from a solid Doyle? If so, did it look noticeable afterward? I think there must have had a miscommunication on that request for the order, which is understandable (esp in these circumstances). I don’t mind it nearly enough to remove it if it would look noticeable.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a facemask! Are these going to be sold on the site as well?

Awesome, glad that it arrived safely! Really sorry that we missed the interior pocket. I had it written up on your order, but these were all sewn in private homes during the shutdown, so they most likely went by the reference garment. I'd say to leave it there.. you'll probably have a visible line if you try to take it out. It's nicely functional for a biz-caz piece like this though.. and I did happen to get two pics before we shipped it...

custom doyle lovat detail.jpg
custom doyle lovat main.jpg

And yes! Should have the facemasks live before the end of the week!

Reactions: ljl

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry about that... no problem, will get that changed out for you. First time that I've had a sleeve length issue, but may have been a mixup while everyone was sewing at home
Hello!
I hate to be a bother but I am moving soon and would like to get this exchange squared away. Could you please respond to one of my emails?

thanks!

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eva @Epaulet gave us a much better set of photos before, but here is the new Doyle with its linen siblings:
IMG_9312.JPG

Black on black monogram:
IMG_9314.JPG

I call these two "Daytona" and "My Name is My Name," respectively
IMG_9313.JPG

My Name is My Name.jpg

Daytona.jpg

Marlo Stanfield.jpg

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Reactions: FLW

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads