• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That ticking stripe reminds me of the chain stitch I got. Olive-tobacco streaky twill sounds really nice though.

@L.I.T. yeah it's really similar. Can't wait to show you guys the new shirts that arrived as well!

Oh, and modeling is taken care of, Jay is going to work remotely and his girlfriend is going to shoot him in all of the new gear. So get ready for a fresh perspective on Epaulet photography!

Thanks. last question on this. can you help me compare this grey to the shadowink. i found the shadowink too dark in a doyle for me but i love love love my gunmetal ezpants and am still eyeing the full suit...

Shadow Ink was dark and also a two-tone, distressed effect.

This Grey Sashiko is essentially a remake of Gunmetal. They'll use the same dye mixture, but just be warned... its not going to be identical. It's just not possible to keep the colors that exact, so your Doyle jacket will likely be a touch darker or lighter.

Which might not really matter, it's not like there's any rules about Sashiko chore coat suiting. But if that's a concern, the black Sashiko would jibe wonderfully with the grey pant, and it's freaking boss all on its own. I wear my black doyle a few times a week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
28EBCB73-61A2-4093-A9DE-85AB2ACFFDBF.jpeg

Also... looks like we gonna have a few extra units, so I'll put those online tomorrow

Last edited:

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1362085

Also... looks like we gonna have a few extra units, so I'll put those online tomorrow

Hey can you hold off on sending out my order(s) please? I think last instructions I gave you were to send to a stateside friend, but given current circumstances the visit I had planned is postponed. When I figure out a solution I will get back to you with what feels like the 20th set of shipping instructions for my pile-up

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Also, in case you're thinking that you're the only one going crazy... don't worry. Madonna is right there along with us...

I had to double-check to see if this video was real. I'm honestly not sure why fried fish is the only option when there's no pasta available.

OMG I can't stop laughing. And the comments are gold. Thanks for that!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey can you hold off on sending out my order(s) please? I think last instructions I gave you were to send to a stateside friend, but given current circumstances the visit I had planned is postponed. When I figure out a solution I will get back to you with what feels like the 20th set of shipping instructions for my pile-up

Yup, don't worry I got you! It's all held here, I'll drop you a line once I crawl out of this backlog mountain. No rush at all.

OMG I can't stop laughing. And the comments are gold. Thanks for that!

Haha I know it's so crazy. And while I'm at it... I need to post this clip:

Easy Money is kind of a 80's comedy masterpiece. I love when Joe Pesci asks for a shirt in a "dark black"

Fun Brooklyn fact: this was shot at the original Abraham & Strauss dept store on Fulton Street, which is now an exceptionally lousy Macy's

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cookies and cream!

It's so freaking boss! Really brightened everything up to get these shirts. And a huge thank for everyone ordering today, I know that it's crazy out there and your support means a lot. I'll be packing everything and shipping it out my damn self by Monday!

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Have you thought about having some of your factory workers make homemade masks? It seems like that's going to be a big part of the slow crawl back to normalcy. We need to keep the proven surgical ones for healthcare officials, but everything I'm reading is pointing to a recommendation for people to have some sort of mask (an article in Washington Post today was even encouraging people to fashion them out of old t-shirts) for when we gradually start going back to work, school, etc.

I don't need my mask to be made of some deadstock Japanese fabric, be made to my exact face measurements or be SF approved in any other way, but I don't have a sewing machine at home and I'd rather by ones for my family from a small business than Target. Seems like something you could have your factory workers do at home pretty easily, I'd think.

1wb

Reaction score
From the mayor of Haverhill, MA -

Southwick to Re-Open, Make Masks and Gowns for the Fight Against COVID-19

A Great Step for our City and our Nation

For the past two weeks, a good deal of my time has been spent in working with Southwick Manufacturing in Haverhill, maker of Brooks Brothers suits. Southwick has furloughed all of its 400 employees since this crisis started. We have been trying to persuade them to retool to make the types of masks and gowns so desperately needed throughout the country for our front line personnel.

We have been working with Southwick’s local office and state officials to enable them to make this transition. We contacted a number of facilities to confirm the desperate need for masks of all type. Our office has worked with State officials to

This afternoon I was thrilled to speak to speak with local officials at Southwick. They are reopening and will retool to make equipment to join the fight against this virus.

Locally that means that workers will be called back to work at Southwick. At the time of this announcement, we do not have the details on how many workers will be called back. Southwick tells me that they will be bringing back as many of the 400 workers as they can. We are hoping for all 400.

But even more significantly, the company starting very quickly will begin to retool to make the masks that are so desperately needed for our health care industry. They will start by making gowns and cloth masks. They are looking for assistance, which we will try to expedite for them, to make the certified masks so desperately needed by the health care industry. We have offered to lend them money from our block grant money , to purchase the machinery to begin manufacturing the certified N 95 masks so desperately needed by the health care industry.

We thank Southwick for their commitment to the fight against the corona virus, and we thank the Baker administration which has worked tirelessly on this .

We would also like to thank Congresswoman Lori Trahan, our legislative delegation, the Mass Technology Council and all the others who have worked so tirelessly to secure Brooks Brothers the resources needed to retool.

[https://www.brooksbrothers.com/mask...-release/masks-press-release,default,pg.html)

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Ivory today. Nifty, but dang do I get nervous about sitting in something.. :D

Beav

Reaction score
Wearing the Ivory today. Nifty, but dang do I get nervous about sitting in something.. :D

Haha yeah I've always been nervous about ivory anything because of kids, dogs, and maybe just my general messiness. I love the look though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads