• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Haven’t been following: are those rivets?

Yup, it's a project that we're doing to keep the LA workforce afloat. Doyle, Sinclair and Rivet... all offered in Natural Sashiko. They'll be sewn at the workers homes, and a portion of the retail price will go directly to the employees as a bonus above their usual wages. I'm gonna have a whole dedicated thread for it in a few minutes. This is the link to check it out

SF Unidos.jpg

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was really cool to see @macjedi modeling the natural sashiko project!
Thanks! I just wish I looked more well rested … but who can sleep with everything going on?

Yeah, double shout out for @macjedi, I was amazed at just how good he made that stuff look.
Thanks so much! The secret for the jacket was a cunning use of bag clips ?

Thanks guys... @macjedi absolutely killed it! I'll let him post his favorites, but these are the shots from the newsletter below.

It's worth nothing that the samples are a size 40 jacket and size 34 pant. It's the only ones that we have. They're really oversized on him, but you can barely tell in the pics... he's that good at styling.

View attachment 1360359 View attachment 1360360 View attachment 1360361
Thanks Eva!!

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for some good old Wilshire denim in size 34 let me know, I have a pair of pairs I'll never fit back into and would be willing to sell here. All original and unaltered. Asking $50 each. Thanks!

Blastwice

Reaction score
No chance of Wilhelms in that fabric, right? Seem to remember that was a different factory, but worth checking.

Same I prefer Wilhelm chinos and need the extra sleeve length so I'm sitting this one out unfortunately.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
POTENTIAL COLOR ADDITIONS FOR THE SASHIKO PROJECT

Hey guys, I want to run an idea by you. I'm getting flooded with requests from customers who want to participate in the Sashiko project but don't want the natural color. Originally I wasn't doing this as our dyehouse is fully closed and cannot reopen until the California lockdown is removed. But i would be dumb for me to not try and make as much as we can, so I'm thinking that we can offer this for an option:

1) I can add in Blue (Azure), Grey (Gunmetal) and Black (Murder Ink) as color options. I have images of each one as a fully made up Doyle to show how they look. The current samples cannot be dyed (as the dyehouse is shut down), so everyone would have to imagine how it looks as a full suit

2) Pricing would go up for $255 on the Doyle & Sinclair and $185 on the Rivet Chino for the colors. It stays at $230 for jackets and $165 for Chinos in natural. All of them will have the same donation to employees.

3) Lead time could be as quick as 6 weeks but as long as 12. It's impossible to say. All of the jackets and chinos will be sewn out right after the project closes... all at the homes of our employees. If the dyehouse reopens around 4/15 then we can probably get the colors around the end of April. But if California keeps them shuttered... then nothing can be done with those pieces until the lockdown is lifted.

Let me know your thoughts everyone. I could build this out as soon as tomorrow. And I'll send a link to anyone who ordered where they can "upgrade" to a color on their garments if they want.

No chance of Wilhelms in that fabric, right? Seem to remember that was a different factory, but worth checking.

Same I prefer Wilhelm chinos and need the extra sleeve length so I'm sitting this one out unfortunately.

@Duke Silver not right now. I want to make them, but I really need to have something like 70 pairs going through in just one shape to make it work for the sewers. Based on experience, I doubt we'd be able to get more than a dozen Wilhelm orders. I do have some stock Wilhelms coming through for the season though. And it's still my plan to offer a large Wilhelm MTO selection when things normalize again

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also... got these photos today from the sewers. Our shirts are finishing in 1-2 days, and the Rivets (including tweed preorder) are under a week out. Really so grateful that we’re still able to do this. Both of these pics are from two different homes.

EB7120CE-8B90-4DE4-84B4-46952BE235C9.jpeg

BEC1D963-AC49-4AA3-8D86-5110C42693C9.jpeg

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet … Great idea! I'm in for the Murder Ink Rivets to pair with the Doyle I got a few months ago! The Azure would be cool to pair with the Natural too!! I’m tempted to get the full Azure suit to mix and match … my head is exploding with all the cool possibilities. BTW … the Sashiko cloth is awesome for a work-from-home wardrobe … I have daily video conferencing with my team from work and not only does it represent, but I’m hella comfortable!!

Last edited:

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
@Epaulet I really like these pants, but have had trouble with the rivet fit in the past in the seat (sizing up too big in waist to look right post alteration). Do you happen to have a hip or seat measurement for the current shape (like taken from a few inches from the waistband or halfway between waist and crotch seam)? Would be looking at a 35 or 36.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet I really like these pants, but have had trouble with the rivet fit in the past in the seat (sizing up too big in waist to look right post alteration). Do you happen to have a hip or seat measurement for the current shape (like taken from a few inches from the waistband or halfway between waist and crotch seam)? Would be looking at a 35 or 36.

Yup, I have the size 34 sample right here, so I can post that up later. The Sashiko has some stretch in it that normal Rivets don't, so this might work better for you.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
POTENTIAL COLOR ADDITIONS FOR THE SASHIKO PROJECT

Hey guys, I want to run an idea by you. I'm getting flooded with requests from customers who want to participate in the Sashiko project but don't want the natural color. Originally I wasn't doing this as our dyehouse is fully closed and cannot reopen until the California lockdown is removed. But i would be dumb for me to not try and make as much as we can, so I'm thinking that we can offer this for an option:

1) I can add in Blue (Azure), Grey (Gunmetal) and Black (Murder Ink) as color options. I have images of each one as a fully made up Doyle to show how they look. The current samples cannot be dyed (as the dyehouse is shut down), so everyone would have to imagine how it looks as a full suit

2) Pricing would go up for $255 on the Doyle & Sinclair and $185 on the Rivet Chino for the colors. It stays at $230 for jackets and $165 for Chinos in natural. All of them will have the same donation to employees.

3) Lead time could be as quick as 6 weeks but as long as 12. It's impossible to say. All of the jackets and chinos will be sewn out right after the project closes... all at the homes of our employees. If the dyehouse reopens around 4/15 then we can probably get the colors around the end of April. But if California keeps them shuttered... then nothing can be done with those pieces until the lockdown is lifted.

Let me know your thoughts everyone. I could build this out as soon as tomorrow. And I'll send a link to anyone who ordered where they can "upgrade" to a color on their garments if they want.
I'd be down for a gunmetal Doyle. I saw the natural doyle and wasn't really feeling the color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics