• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
copped the minute I saw the newsletter hit my inbox. Can I modifiy the sleeve and inseam length like other doyle/rivet projects? Many thanks Eva!!!

@veedubhkg thank you so much! Unfortunately we can't do that for this go around, everything is scattered with the factory, so we're trying to keep it all as simple and uncomplicated as we can for them. So it all has to be made to the usual specs. But the sleeves are easily tailored if you need to make them shorter. And the Rivets look pretty rad rolled up.

While I don't think I have enough swagger to carry the whole natural sashiko getup, but I look forward to pair it with my other lighweight Doyle and the trusty Epaulet snuff suede trainers...

I think you got the juice to pull it off!

GGMac

Reaction score
Eva,

The Sashiko EZ pants of yore are my required uniform of the Covid 19 quarantine. I have 3 pairs (raisin, indigo, sienna)... that said, would I take the same size in the natural rivet?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva,
The Sashiko EZ pants of yore are my required uniform of the Covid 19 quarantine. I have 3 pairs (raisin, indigo, sienna)... that said, would I take the same size in the natural rivet?

@GGMac so great.. this is going to be a solid addition to the collection! Yes, I'd say to take the same size. Our overall fit is IMO much improved from the last run, but the waist will be about the same. We also have a felled seam in the back to prevent any rear-end blowouts. Ain't nobody got time for those!

That Doyle is going to look great beat up, stained and smeared. I don't think it works with my current repertoire but I can see it in my mind's eye

Oh man totally.. kind of that worn in 1970's modern art painter steez...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys... @macjedi absolutely killed it! I'll let him post his favorites, but these are the shots from the newsletter below.

It's worth nothing that the samples are a size 40 jacket and size 34 pant. It's the only ones that we have. They're really oversized on him, but you can barely tell in the pics... he's that good at styling.

RY3.jpg
RY2.jpg
RY1.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All those pieces are great, but those pants are my favorite piece.

Thanks dude, they're definitely the best selling of the group. They're just as easy to wear as any stone or light-colored chino. Texture is absolutely killer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads