• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very happy to be the first to officially welcome you to your own thread, Eva. We love you and are glad to hear you are happier and more engaged. :)

Happy for you Eva. Enjoyed the podcast makes me think back to when we use to ask what size Epaulet shirts to get compared to J Crew. Markets really changed a lot.

Thank you so much guys! It's amazing to think that this thread has been going for 11 years now, and I truthfully consider all of you to be close friends. The support that we've received here was always an absolutely crucial part of our business. Arguably the most crucial. I'm not sure that there would have been an Epaulet without Styleforum, honestly.

I'm going to apologize up front for the possible oversaturation of podcasts in 2020. We are going hard with it this year, so hopefully everyone doesn't get too sick of my Long Island accent and overuse of "bonkers"

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to see this post out of fear that I was going to inadvertently mention something that you didn't want out on the open yet. Beyond that, I'm just really happy for you. I have to say there's a sincerity in the smiles that I see on your new IG account that weren't there before. Continuing best of luck.

jms

Reaction score
...hopefully everyone doesn't get too sick of my Long Island accent and overuse of "bonkers"

Quick and dirty list, but the stable is vast:
  • Gorgeous
  • Killer
  • Unbeatable
  • Tremendous
  • Beautiful
  • Luxurious
  • Legendary
  • Sublime
  • Crucial (used above!)
  • and my personal favorite...Gonzo
The meme-generation/ghost-writing can't be far off ? Cheers on being you and sharing your unstoppably distinctive vision!

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been off SF for months now...

What a surprise to jump on IG live today!

Happiness and health is most important and way too often under rated! As is keeping a stable and civil family dynamic. Great to hear!

Best of luck with everything Eva! Keep bringing the heat!

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you're happier Eva!!!

Agree with Cal...happiness and health foremost.

Also like Cal I've been away from EP for a while b/c: 1. I have a ton of EP stuff that just doesn't seem to wear down and keeps on going, and 2. Other expensive hobbies (and I guess expensive kids if they count as a hobby) have taken over :)

All the best!!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really glad to hear that its working out and you're happy, Eva. Live your best life! I look forward to continued awesomeness from Epaulet. :cheers:
I’ve been off SF for months now...

What a surprise to jump on IG live today!

Happiness and health is most important and way too often under rated! As is keeping a stable and civil family dynamic. Great to hear!

Best of luck with everything Eva! Keep bringing the heat!
Great to hear you're happier Eva!!!

Agree with Cal...happiness and health foremost.

Also like Cal I've been away from EP for a while b/c: 1. I have a ton of EP stuff that just doesn't seem to wear down and keeps on going, and 2. Other expensive hobbies (and I guess expensive kids if they count as a hobby) have taken over :)

All the best!!!

Thank you guys... it's great to see you! Really appreciate you tuning into the IG live feature too. I think it went really well, so we'll get back into the weekly swing of shooting that kind of content.

Really happy that you are comfortable enough in yourself, and all of us, to be yourself around us. Also really happy to be able to call you by name in the thread, I felt a little impersonal and stuffy posting here for a bit.

Happy to see this post out of fear that I was going to inadvertently mention something that you didn't want out on the open yet. Beyond that, I'm just really happy for you. I have to say there's a sincerity in the smiles that I see on your new IG account that weren't there before. Continuing best of luck.

Quick and dirty list, but the stable is vast:
  • Gorgeous
  • Killer
  • Unbeatable
  • Tremendous
  • Beautiful
  • Luxurious
  • Legendary
  • Sublime
  • Crucial (used above!)
  • and my personal favorite...Gonzo
The meme-generation/ghost-writing can't be far off ? Cheers on being you and sharing your unstoppably distinctive vision!

Thank you so much guys, it was really great meeting you in person over these past few months... that was definitely a huge boost for my confidence with all of the changes. We'll keep it GONZO!

kingoflondon

Reaction score
Eva, apologies in advance if this is too much. I don’t post so often, but I’m a big EP fan.

My kid, he’s 8, since he was a baby he’s been into ‘girl’ stuff - princess dresses when he was young, bugging his Mom to paint his nails, these days he’s the only boy on his cheerleading team. It’s tough for him sometimes.

I showed him your IG video today, his face lit up, huge smile.I just wanted to let you know your video made an eight year old kid feel good today. So happy for you!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Staffing Change At Epaulet

View attachment 1345990

Hey everyone,

If you happened to catch the AMA that I did with Reddit this week, you'd see a small note there that I transitioned genders late last year and that I have a new name. I've met quite a few of you guys in person, and I've emailed as Eva Kuhle with most of you at this point. I'm going to start doing Instagram live and a whole set of videos very soon, so I wanted to mention this here first.

I've been hesitant to post this because this thread and our brand has never really been about me. I'm obviously the person doing all of the design and marketing, but it's more about the products we offer, the people who make them, and you guys -- the customers who buy them. Unlike the guys from the Armoury, you'd be hard pressed to find a pic of me in #menswear where I actually look good in it. Employees like Jay, Dylan, and Matt.. and certainly customers like macjedi, suuteebird, and L.I.T. look way better in Epaulet clothes than I ever did. I'm low priority in the mix of things as long as I keep the wheels running and keep creating hilarious names for promotional fabrics.

For the past eight months or so, I've just been showing up to meetings and events as the new me and switching everything over. It's been great... and really nothing significant has changed. I'm still a menswear nerd and I'm still going to make and design the exact kind of things that I've been doing all along. The major positive change is that I'm a lot happier and way more engaged in the business now. I'm confident that Epaulet will soon be better than it ever was. We're planning our first big event in NYC on 3/27 and 3/28 too! More details on that soon.

If you want to ask any questions about this or send any notes, then please drop me an email or DM whenever you like! At least this explains this long hair and my recent manicures in fabric videos... just in case anyone was afraid that I was transitioning into Steven Tyler.

One quick personal note: I'm lucky to be on great terms with my ex-wife and business partner Adele. Most of you guys knew her and worked with her, and I'm happy to say that she's got her own business these days and we have a really ideal co-parenting arrangement for my sassy 6yo daughter. She runs a skateboard school for kids, and I'd heartily recommend it to any parents in the area.

And, if you want to hear more about the brand and some recent changes, our friend and customer Hai Truong did a podcast with me on it. It's mostly business focused and it's IMO an entertaining listen. Thanks everyone!

Wonderful news Eva!! It was awesome to finally see you on the IG live today. Keep up the great work and continued success with Epaulet. I need to get some updated pics of my two current and longtime favorite EP pieces, the olive canvas Doyle and the OG indigo Sashiko.

1wb

Reaction score
Congrats, Eva @Epaulet! Best wishes to you and your family. Looking forward to all the good stuff you have lined up for us all this year...
Thank you so much guys! It's amazing to think that this thread has been going for 11 years now, and I truthfully consider all of you to be close friends. The support that we've received here was always an absolutely crucial part of our business. Arguably the most crucial. I'm not sure that there would have been an Epaulet without Styleforum, honestly.

I'm going to apologize up front for the possible oversaturation of podcasts in 2020. We are going hard with it this year, so hopefully everyone doesn't get too sick of my Long Island accent and overuse of "bonkers"

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva, apologies in advance if this is too much. I don’t post so often, but I’m a big EP fan.

My kid, he’s 8, since he was a baby he’s been into ‘girl’ stuff - princess dresses when he was young, bugging his Mom to paint his nails, these days he’s the only boy on his cheerleading team. It’s tough for him sometimes.

I showed him your IG video today, his face lit up, huge smile.I just wanted to let you know your video made an eight year old kid feel good today. So happy for you!

Oh wow that means a lot, thank you for posting it! I'm really glad to hear that it made him feel better. It's so important for kids to feel free to express themselves, and kudos to you as a parent for giving him the support to do that! My daughter Josie has some friends who are the same way. It's just their preferences.. and it's so important to give them space to explore.

Josie is pretty firmly into loud, crazy ways of dressing. She kind of looks like a miniature Harajuku girl on a daily basis. But she also absolutely loves KISS, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest. I admittedly had a hand in this, but she hears all sorts of music every day, but still chooses to listen to "Living After Midnight" and "Detroit Rock City."

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wonderful news Eva!! It was awesome to finally see you on the IG live today. Keep up the great work and continued success with Epaulet. I need to get some updated pics of my two current and longtime favorite EP pieces, the olive canvas Doyle and the OG indigo Sashiko.

Thanks Burzan! I need to add you to the list of dudes who wear Epaulet clothes *far* better than I ever could have. Thank you for all of your support and enthusiasm! he

Congrats, Eva @Epaulet! Best wishes to you and your family. Looking forward to all the good stuff you have lined up for us all this year...

Thank you! It took a long time to get over this avoidance of videos and live stuff, so I'm really excited to go full steam with things.

I didn't do a good job of sharing Pitti Uomo photos, but I have a funny duo of them. We had an amazing dinner with a private chef in Florence. People got there kind of late and he was getting really pissed off. The kitchen was visible through a glass window, and you can clearly see him mean mugging in the back of two selfies.

Me with Greg from No Man...
IMG_1931.JPG

And this is me with Arianna Reggio, author of the Styleforum Journal and producer for our podcasts
IMG_1936.JPG

He's kind of like a salty parrot on my shoulder in the second one.

Last edited:

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Burzan! I need to add you to the list of dudes who wear Epaulet clothes *far* better than I ever could have. Thank you for all of your support and enthusiasm! he

Thank you! It took a long time to get over this avoidance of videos and live stuff, so I'm really excited to go full steam with things.

I didn't do a good job of sharing Pitti Uomo photos, but I have a funny duo of them. We had an amazing dinner with a private chef in Florence. People got there kind of late and he was getting really pissed off. The kitchen was visible through a glass window, and you can clearly see him mean mugging in the back of two selfies.

Me with Greg from No Man...
View attachment 1346219

And this is me with Arianna Reggio, author of the Styleforum Journal and producer for our podcasts
View attachment 1346220

He's kind of like a salty parrot on my shoulder in the second one.

These are amazing!

If I want to get in on the Aero leather order, do the measurements you have on file for other things (shirting, quincies) translate or should I try to take specific ones?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are amazing!

If I want to get in on the Aero leather order, do the measurements you have on file for other things (shirting, quincies) translate or should I try to take specific ones?

awesome! No I’m totally up on your sizing, you can just let me know what style you’re thinking of and I’ll translate it out based on your shirting.

If you have a leather jacket already and you want to hit me with a sleeve length we can use that, but I can also calculate that based on your custom shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads