• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C39EA957-3D84-43FF-934F-A0994F6449A3.jpeg

don’t miss out on some great leather jackets

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love seeing the early 2010s throwbacks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1345763

@suuteebird man, that thing has aged so well! What a great match with those other pieces!

Black Indys purchased at the Smith Street shop in 2012 I believe.... still in great condition.

View attachment 1345776

Wow they look great! Are they the black chromexcel ones?

Love seeing the early 2010s throwbacks

This snapshot from the New York Times is a trip...

27criticspanf-articleLarge.jpg

Hard to believe that there was a time when we couldn't keep Mark McNairy saddle shoes in stock. Like I was frantically emailing him about how we can expedite our orders and GET MORE SADDLE SHOES. That's 2010 for you.

Also that tie on the right in that multi-colored silk dupioni check was amazing. Best selling tie that we ever had. I really sold like 150 pieces in that same fabric, mostly out of the shop.

@Epaulet, what is the approx turnaround time for a custom Aero jacket currently?

Pretty quick right now, they've been delivering in about six weeks. It's a small team though so that can change with volume. We sent over a dozen orders with the late discount newsletter last night, so the earlier you can get your order in, the better. They tend to work on first-come, first-served.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty quick right now, they've been delivering in about six weeks. It's a small team though so that can change with volume. We sent over a dozen orders with the late discount newsletter last night, so the earlier you can get your order in, the better. They tend to work on first-come, first-served.

Do you know if they have oxblood CXL in stock right now?

Also no need to respond, but I want to make sure you got my PM before everything gets sent to the wrong address :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1345763
Black Indys purchased at the Smith Street shop in 2012 I believe.... still in great condition.

View attachment 1345776
Do you know if they have oxblood CXL in stock right now?

Also no need to respond, but I want to make sure you got my PM before everything gets sent to the wrong address :)

hmm let me ask... I’m pretty sure that they have natural cxl. I’ll find out on oxblood.

and gotcha on the shipping address... no worries! Still about 7-10 days out on those liberty shirts

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Staffing Change At Epaulet

IMG_5335.jpg

Hey everyone,

If you happened to catch the AMA that I did with Reddit this week, you'd see a small note there that I transitioned genders late last year and that I have a new name. I've met quite a few of you guys in person, and I've emailed as Eva Kuhle with most of you at this point. I'm going to start doing Instagram live and a whole set of videos very soon, so I wanted to mention this here first.

I've been hesitant to post this because this thread and our brand has never really been about me. I'm obviously the person doing all of the design and marketing, but it's more about the products we offer, the people who make them, and you guys -- the customers who buy them. Unlike the guys from the Armoury, you'd be hard pressed to find a pic of me in #menswear where I actually look good in it. Employees like Jay, Dylan, and Matt.. and certainly customers like macjedi, suuteebird, and L.I.T. look way better in Epaulet clothes than I ever did. I'm low priority in the mix of things as long as I keep the wheels running and keep creating hilarious names for promotional fabrics.

For the past eight months or so, I've just been showing up to meetings and events as the new me and switching everything over. It's been great... and really nothing significant has changed. I'm still a menswear nerd and I'm still going to make and design the exact kind of things that I've been doing all along. The major positive change is that I'm a lot happier and way more engaged in the business now. I'm confident that Epaulet will soon be better than it ever was. We're planning our first big event in NYC on 3/27 and 3/28 too! More details on that soon.

If you want to ask any questions about this or send any notes, then please drop me an email or DM whenever you like! At least this explains this long hair and my recent manicures in fabric videos... just in case anyone was afraid that I was transitioning into Steven Tyler.

One quick personal note: I'm lucky to be on great terms with my ex-wife and business partner Adele. Most of you guys knew her and worked with her, and I'm happy to say that she's got her own business these days and we have a really ideal co-parenting arrangement for my sassy 6yo daughter. She runs a skateboard school for kids, and I'd heartily recommend it to any parents in the area.

And, if you want to hear more about the brand and some recent changes, our friend and customer Hai Truong did a podcast with me on it. It's mostly business focused and it's IMO an entertaining listen. Thanks everyone!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and can't believe that I didn't post this, but our SF podcast with Ethan Newton (from Brycelands / The Armoury) & Tony Sylvester (from Timothy Everest) is available to listen to. They have great insights on hunting for vintage clothing and sunglasses worthy of the costume director for "Leon, The Professional"

https://journal.styleforum.net/vintage-what-the-expert-eye-looks-for/

IMG_3651-1-scaled.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads