• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: REDA, is this Sunset Hopsack
1581566441220.png
the same as this Sunset Wheat Hopsack?
1581566540862.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd love the option to grab one more Nuovo in wool/silk/linen - so keep us posted if those do become available..

Definitely working on that... I hope to have something next week. There's not going to be any additional woolens, but they should have some very light Summer stuff to send.

View attachment 1335501 View attachment 1335502
saying goodbye to Southwick - Robert Noble Highland Sunset Tweed

Absolutely fantastic... that made up so good! Thank you for picking it up and posting the photos

Thanks Mike. I'd be looking for a lighter khaki/stone. Can we get zip fly instead of button fly in the MTO?

Otherwise I might get a reda hopsack from southwick. Can I customize the top closure on a Rudy? I'd prefer a button rather than hook and eye (like the Greenpoint).

1) Yes, we'll probably have a few shades like that available. And I didn't think about the fly option, but that makes total sense to offer both zip and button on the two models. So yes!

2) Yup, you can absolutely spec that closure for any Southwick pant. Just put it into special instructions

Liberty Rose Print Capri Shirt x Red Chambray Kamigata going strong. Probably one of my favorite collars.
View attachment 1336049

Dope! Those two pieces look so great together. Really nice with the vest too

Re: REDA, is this Sunset Hopsack
the same as this Sunset Wheat Hopsack?

Hmm not sure if they’re the same but definitely similar. Props for having the 2015 pic

Chameleon

Reaction score
they wrote me that April 1st is the deadline, but I imagine we can push it a bit past that. I’m honestly not sure how strict or not they’ll be

Thanks Mike! I'll try to get an order in before then if I can manage.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I ordered a pair of SW trousers in late December, any idea when I should expect those? I'm not up to date with the lead times these days

Todd V

Reaction score
@Epaulet

I might go for the perfecto flexo in navy. Is it like a standard 120’s fabric?

Is it anything like fresco? I blew through a fresco suit pretty quickly so I’m hoping for something long wearing. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I ordered a pair of SW trousers in late December, any idea when I should expect those? I'm not up to date with the lead times these days

Hmmm could be an issue with that, I know that most of those orders have already shipped. PM me your details and I'll get on it?

@Epaulet

Is it anything like fresco? I blew through a fresco suit pretty quickly so I’m hoping for something long wearing. Thanks!

It's honestly awesome. Perfect basic navy tone, and the weave itself stretches naturally. It's still a pure wool.

In terms of strength and durability, I honestly don't have any personal experience with the fabric. It's all new to our assortment and we've only done about a dozen garments in it. REDA goods are really nicely made though, so I'd have confidence that it's as long wearing as any other fine Italian suiting cloth. We've certainly sold a ton of their hopsack, and I've never received any feedback of that wearing out prematurely.

Are the regular Aero jackets (not the unfinished horsehide) also from Comipel?

No, most of that comes from either England or Portugal. I'm honestly not sure where, they keep those tanneries close to the vest. It's awesome leather, and IMO nicer than Comipel's finished front quarter horse. Comipel's real strength is this unfinished leather, which is the freaking best that I've ever seen. Their shell cordovan from Rocado is really nice too.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I’ve always found fresco (Minnis, if nothing else) to be quite resilient. Where did it give out on you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads