• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ReversoLover

Reaction score
Very close to pulling the trigger on the "Last American" sinclair. Before I do though had a quick Q - any plans/possibility to do a sashiko sinclair? Because that would be the bomb.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Any chance for an outdoor shot of the Loden Wool Cavalry Twill? I want to make sure it's not too close to something I have. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure thing... here’s the Loden cav twill..

CD639687-C8B0-47F5-BCD7-75C3D554AB31.jpeg

Another member asked for a comparison of the java cav twill and the tobacco tropical wool..

D6D493E4-5D68-4DA2-8203-359477306E33.jpeg

and here’s two inspiration pics for ivory flannel pants!

EECDCB80-995A-4420-A74B-4C421F28ABCC.jpeg
F8AFBF60-4B11-40D9-B30E-0A6A8BE5838B.jpeg

nycs10011

Reaction score

espen

Reaction score
@Epaulet any chance of some sweet, basic canvas Doyles? Need to replace my old green one, and wouldn't mind paying an upcharge for sleeves and body length.

apolloali

Reaction score
I think I'm also gonna pull the trigger on a sinclair woolrich suit. Been wanting a kind of casual-ish suit. @Epaulet , what do you think for me? 44 Sinclair, 37 Rivet?. I'm tempted to try 36 rivet, but I feel liike it'll be too small in waist, and 37 Wilhem will be too big in thigh (turns out I don't need as much leg room as I used to!).

I'm also kind of tempted by the Southwick option, but pretty intense for a first custom suit option.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet any chance of some sweet, basic canvas Doyles? Need to replace my old green one, and wouldn't mind paying an upcharge for sleeves and body length.

@espen absolutely, I could pretty much do that anytime. Figure the price would be $265 through our custom program, with most colors available. Drop me a PM and I can set it up for you.

I think I'm also gonna pull the trigger on a sinclair woolrich suit. Been wanting a kind of casual-ish suit. @Epaulet , what do you think for me? 44 Sinclair, 37 Rivet?. I'm tempted to try 36 rivet, but I feel liike it'll be too small in waist, and 37 Wilhem will be too big in thigh (turns out I don't need as much leg room as I used to!).

I'm also kind of tempted by the Southwick option, but pretty intense for a first custom suit option.

@apolloali yeah I think that the LA shapes are a better match for your style & needs too. 44 Sinclair and 37 Rivet sounds right on. Better to go a bit bigger with the pant... you can always have the waist done at Orchard Tailors for cheap if you need any changes. We'll have that preorder up until Saturday/

Been a minute but all EP today pretty much. Sashiko Doyle, Chain Stitch Shirt, and not pictured the Herringbone EZ’s. (Pretty much the go to pants.)

View attachment 1325953

Really great! So glad that you got that shirt, it really looks awesome in your pics

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This just went out in our newsletter, but in case you didn't see it.

Also, the "Portuguese Flannel" item is going away next week (Individualized is going to sell off the remaining cloth), so if you want any flannel pieces, now is the time to order. You get your choice and you save 15 points.

Holler at me here with any questions on cloth and whatnot. And if you want to order but you don't know your sizing, just write "HOLD FOR SIZING" in checkout notes. We'll circle back around to figure out what you need.

Order by Midnight to Save 15% On New Top Shelf Fabrics & All Custom Shirts!

Right at the buzzer, we've received 15 incredible new Top Shelf fabrics from the absolute best mills on Earth. Each piece is crafted by a team of six artisans with handsewn collars, cuffs, and yokes. We have the three insane cotton-cashmeres pictured above and a lot of of other gorgeous pieces.

Order by midnight tonight and take advantage of these killer deals - including on these newest arrivals!

* Take 15% off all custom shirts until 1/28 with code custom15

* If you buy FIVE shirts, you'll receive ONE of them for free. Buy all 5 at the same time, and we'll refund the lowest price shirt after your order is submitted. You can stack this with the custom15 code!

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE WHOLE CUSTOM SHIRTING ASSORTMENT

And this "Innocent Lamb" Cotton-Cashmere is just as rad as that name would imply. It's in top shelf and its made with an entirely handsewn collar, cuffs, and yoke. Comes in a baller box with a magnetic closure!

Innocent Lamb.jpg

apolloali

Reaction score
@apolloali yeah I think that the LA shapes are a better match for your style & needs too. 44 Sinclair and 37 Rivet sounds right on. Better to go a bit bigger with the pant... you can always have the waist done at Orchard Tailors for cheap if you need any changes. We'll have that preorder up until Saturday/

Alright, I did it! Been wanting a donegal tweed suit for ages and esp. something more casual and easy to break into separates. Hard to resist. The Chestnut Cord was also super tempting, but cord suits seem so hard to actually pull off.

As for tailoring, I use Wagner in FiDi and he's pretty affordable too. 12 for a hem and 20 for tapering.

I do wanna get a Southwick suit one day — I had one of the Club Monaco Made in America suits that came from Southwick and it was INCREDIBLE. But yeah, I basically only wear them at weddings so unless I really commit to the formal suit wearing in my day-to-day....

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a recent suit makeup for the first time after getting the pants back from being hemmed. Feel like a million bucks today. Working with Mike, we absolutely nailed in my preferential fit for both the Nuovo and Taylor, and it such a mental relief to finally have work attire that not only fits well, but makes me feel elevated in my profession.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wearing a recent suit makeup for the first time after getting the pants back from being hemmed. Feel like a million bucks today. Working with Mike, we absolutely nailed in my preferential fit for both the Nuovo and Taylor, and it such a mental relief to finally have work attire that not only fits well, but makes me feel elevated in my profession.

Thank you so much.. it was my pleasure!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hertling Promotion Ends at Midnight

Quick heads up.. our promo with Hertling ends tonight. They're ready to start cutting these next week, and we're looking forward to a fast and precise turnaround for all of these.

Here's the link to check it out and seriously bless your wardrobe with the good stuff:

Couple of last minute notes:

1. I made a video of my top three favorite swatches. Definitely consider these if you don't already own something like them:

2. If you need help to figure out your sizing or trouser model, then you can still order today and reserve the fabric. Just write "hold for sizing" and I'll circle back to determine the best fit. I just need the trousers to be paid for today as I have to foward the full reservation and cost payment to Hertling first thing in the morning.

3. For anyone considering a move to #teamivory.. these photos of a trouser'd dressform upon that virginal white fabric might be just the thing to push you over the edge:

IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads