• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BW99

Reaction score
Flannels look great as all Vitales are. Wondering if the Ivory would be a limited opportunity wear item though...?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds as if you are sitting on a ton of Ivory cloth.

lol yeah I’m probably giving off that impression. We had enough for 12 and sold 2 yesterday. So not that much. We’ll surely sell way more grey and forest flannel without any effort from me.

it’s more of a fun challenge as we’ve probably offered ivory about a dozen times over the years and no one ever buys it. It’s honestly really rad and very wearable, so trying to promote in a light hearted way. If you want to try a pair, I’m confident that you’re going to dig it!

onward #ivorybros!!!!

Flannels look great as all Vitales are. Wondering if the Ivory would be a limited opportunity wear item though...?

weight-wise it’s good until temps are above 65. The white color is really versatile and will match pretty much anything you have. The real consideration is that you have to look after them to avoid stains. But thems the breaks with any light color pants

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet See, the problem with this is I totally see rocking this while wearing a pair of shades and driving down the PCH during the golden hour in a well-patina'd but mechanically sound early 70s BMW with the windows down listening to some heroin-era Miles and that means I'd have to buy an early 70s BMW and dangit I haven't had a car since 2005 and I really don't want to start doing heroin and and and....

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lusting over some stuff over at coupeking.com (I think they're out of long beach). God, those guys make art.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Alright, I'm in for the ivories. Not sure yet if I wanna do them in a Rudy or try the EZ Pants, though. There's nowhere on the product page to leave a note like 'hold for sizing', though, like there is on the IS item pages. How should we proceed?

Also, by any chance do you still happen to have the fabric swatch laying around for the Sunset Reta Hopsack from last year? If so, anyway you could snag a shot of that up against the Tobacco Tropical wool? I'm interested in that one was well, but wanna make sure it's not too similar to a pair I already have.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Alright, I'm in for the ivories. Not sure yet if I wanna do them in a Rudy or try the EZ Pants, though. There's nowhere on the product page to leave a note like 'hold for sizing', though, like there is on the IS item pages. How should we proceed?

Also, by any chance do you still happen to have the fabric swatch laying around for the Sunset Reta Hopsack from last year? If so, anyway you could snag a shot of that up against the Tobacco Tropical wool? I'm interested in that one was well, but wanna make sure it's not too similar to a pair I already have.

awesome! I’m personally sending over the orders to Hertling, so you can just buy the ivory now and I’ll make a note that model needs to be confirmed. Select Rudy for the order.
And lemme see.. pretty sure I have that Reda swatch around!

we welcome this new member to the elite ranks of the #ivoryboyz!

i’ll warn everyone... I probably have at least a dozen more hashtags in me for this

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this ivory talk is reminding me i got those oatmeal hopsack walts and they got lost in my closet...time to get them out again

iamtripp

Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of ivory flannels, likely Hertling made, from another menswear shop a few years ago. @Epaulet is right about watching to keep them clean but I love them and wear regularly even with a toddler. Living dangerously but maybe not at stylishly as the @CharlieAngel imagery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads