• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the shape, but the pocket placement is too high for my liking. Any chance of getting it done with lower pockets?

@paxonus it might be possible actually. I'm definitely thinking to build the bomber in as an MTO option along with our Doyle and Sinclair. If the only modification was to move the pockets down an inch or so on the body, then I don't see why not. This would be done through our custom program though.

Sorry if I missed it. Was there a discount code for the latest wool tweed and flannel doyle MTO?

@velomane no sorry we haven't actually offered any discount codes for that. My margins are tight on these items because we have to pay for individual sewing here in Los Angeles, but these items have garnered some of the best feedback that we've ever received. If you want to try a custom piece then I think you'll be really delighted with it! Good time to order too as the factory is fairly quiet at the moment.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Big Update to the Sale Section

In case you didn't get the newsletter... I loaded in some new styles to sale (namely our navy moleskin pieces) and marked down some existing styles deeper. There's also exactly one Magenta and one Natural tote bag in there!

Check it all out here

jms

Reaction score
Those ties are such a killer deal at their level of craftsmanship.

apolloali

Reaction score
Wow bummed I miss the navy moleskin jacket. Didn't think that was gonna go on sale but it was on my list.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You guys feeling this collar at all?

F982C76C-06E8-457F-BA4D-FFFAB2498328.jpeg
FDBF0B69-A653-4E4E-88D0-0B35AFA213E4.jpeg

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I'm into that collar, so long as the throat latch disappears or can at least be folded back, out of sight.

I'd also be interested in something similar as a shawl collar, like they used to have on old USN deck jackets.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I'm into that collar, so long as the throat latch disappears or can at least be folded back, out of sight.

I'd also be interested in something similar as a shawl collar, like they used to have on old USN deck jackets.

yeah same... I think that we’ll put a button on the left collar stand so that it can fold back and out of sight compl

Love that collar. I actually like the throat latch on a fabric like the one in the photo or even a corduroy, but would probably not like it in duck canvas or anything else with less texture.

agreed, this is definitely lending itself to a textured cloth or tweed treatment. Moleskin could be rad too

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will Gables be on the menu?

Yes sir.. all of the models. Stock is limited on all of the fabrics, so these will just be promotionally priced and available for a week. We'll cut whatever we sell, and it will all go into work end of next week. You can get them unfinished or done with a plain or cuffed hem.

The only pant model that they can't do is the "Nico"... that's just for Southwick.

The selection is really tight and ideal:

5 colors of Gladson S100 Tropical Wool
4 colors of Huddersfield mid-weight Cav Twill (bit lighter and more 4-season than what Southwick offers)
4 colors of VBC wool flannel (including ivory for the true players out there)
6 colors of Brisbane Moss Cotton Twill
2 lightweight flannel checks from DiPray (blackwatch and a rustic tattersall)

And for off-label use, if anyone wants a custom Doyle or Sinclair in these fabrics, then lmk. I'm sure that I can buy the cloth from Hertling and have it sent here to make jackets. Two piece suits are totally possible, and would be especially freaking baller in something like the Cav Twill!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Would the OG Hertling EZ Pants be possible? I wouldn't need the self-belt and would happily take just normal belt loops

If you can order at least two pairs and send me some quick measurements of the ones you have, then yes. They definitely couldn't do the self belt, but if you liked the extended tunnel loops I'm sure we could put those in.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, don't know if I have the need for two more pair in the wardrobe, but I'll see what the pricing looks like tomorrow and let you know. If I were to do it, I'd actually prefer it without the extended tunnel loops. It can be a pain to thread a belt through the ones I have on my khyber cloth joints.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cool, don't know if I have the need for two more pair in the wardrobe, but I'll see what the pricing looks like tomorrow and let you know. If I were to do it, I'd actually prefer it without the extended tunnel loops. It can be a pain to thread a belt through the ones I have on my khyber cloth joints.

sure thing... cottons are going to be $175 for basic models, $190 for Greenpoint and Gable

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads