Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.
The mockups are pretty awesome, if that is any consolation.
haha! They are up! WEll, two are. Grey suede and midnight calf. Hmm, I want a blue boot or shoe. I definitely want a wing tip. I am not sure if I want to go this route or trickers. I will have to compare my stows to my steinbecks tomorrow to decide.
Mike/Adele, I feel that this has been covered before, but how dark is the midnight blue? I am looking for a mid-dark blue boot/shoe. In the mock up picture it is the perfect shade, dark but noticeably blue. Would you describe it that way in person, or is it mistakable for black?
Haha, working on them right now! It's still "today" in some time zones, so I'm only teasing everyone in EST. I'll put up the links shortly.
You still got 4 hours or so if you use Hawaii time.
Okay, here's the three preorder boots! Cross-post from the MC thread:
Steinbeck boot in Midnight Calfskin
Sinclair Boot In Horween Saddle Shell Cordovan with Cognac Scotchgrain Plug
Steinbeck Boot in Grey Suede
And now for the details:
1. The "Steinbeck" and "Sinclair" are two variants of the same style. The Steinbeck is heavier and more casual, which hooks & eyes and a combination rubber and leather sole. The Sinclair has a dressier profile with a leather sole and blind eyelets.
2. These boots are offered as a preorder item. From now until Monday, Sept 17th, we'll collect preorders and deposits on each of the styles. After the 17th, we'll compile all of the orders and submit them to Carmina for delivery in late Nov, early December.
3. Each preorder requires a non-refundable deposit: $350 for the calf and suede boots, and $500 for the shell boots. Each style will be cut to order, and as such, is final sale.
4. Solid wood fitted Carmina shoe trees are included in the price for each boot. Final price with trees is $685 for the calf and suede variants, and $950 for the shell. Shipping within the USA is free, and international shipping is available at an extra cost.
5. Both the Steinback and Sinclair are on the Forest last. This is the most popular last in our collection and it's one of the finest and best-fitting lasts that I've ever encountered. Its high toebox and rounded front gives it a very versatile shape, and it looks substantial without becoming too chunky.
6. The Forest Last is offered in a WIDE fitting. Although we don't have wide sizes built into the preorder items ahead of time, we can add those sizes by request. The Forest Wide is essentially an American "E" width. If you need a wide size, just drop me a PM and we'll add it into the drop down.
Please hit me with any feedback or questions that you have! We're really looking forward to this. If you have any questions on sizing, leather, details... anything... I'll be happy to answer them.
And I'll have something special to show all of you next week. We had the pleasure of visiting the factory this July, and I'm putting together a PDF photo book of what we saw. The craftsmanship at Carmina is really incredible, and I think that you'll dig the pics.
I just wanted to say yet again how much I like the single-prong chromexcel belts. If you don't bring those back I think they definitely need worthy successors.
Holy Schnikeys. Awesome boots Mike.
+1 to that...I have four single-prong Epaulet belts from their last run (Brown CXL, Natty CXL, Western Print, and Unfinished Bridle Leather), and these are pretty much the only belts I wear now. I rarely wear black belts, so I have everything else covered in my Epaulet rotation.
Any experience between Robert, Forest, and Simpson lasts?
TTS = 10US
Inca = 9UK (snug, hopefully will mold to feet), 9.5UK (comfortable first try, but afraid will be a little loose after a while)
Robert and Simpson = 9.5UK (something between Inca 9 and 9.5)
Any idea for the Forest last?
Also what are the width options with Forest last?
Would appreciate any help from anyone!
Received my belt and OCBD shirt, great stuff guys!
Special thanks to Matt for all your help.
Question, what's the proper care for Collar Oxford Shirt? Do you guys suggest dry clean only for it?
Thanks guys - glad that you dig the boots! I'm really excited for this lineup.
Thank you! At the moment, we're awaiting some additional Carmina belts, but they're pretty dressy.
For the more dress-casual vibe of the single prong styles, I'm working with a new US-based manufacturer to develop something long those lines for later in the Fall. The production will be higher end, the shape a bit more refined, but it will that niche nicely. Should be around the same pricing too.
Gotcha. When you say that the Inca is snug in 9UK, is that more in the width & height, or is it snug in the length too?
If it's tight all around, then I'd suggest a 9.5UK, as the Forest has a fairly similar fit to the Robert. But if you feel like the Robert is a bit long and the length of the Inca 9UK is comfortable, then I'd recommend a 9UK Wide in the Forest. It's just a single width option there.
Thank you! And the best care for the oxford shirting is cold washing and hang drying.
You couldn't hear it, but I just made the Homer Simpson 'Woohoo" sound.
So, I managed to miss my size in the CMX Steinbeck boot. The new preorders look great, but since I was looking for a winter boot the CMX might be the better choice.
Are they going to be restocked, by any chance?
Separate names with a comma.