• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar size customization would be the worst thing that ever happened to my wallet. If I could get a Large Epaulet shirt and shrink the collar an inch, then Epaulet shirts would fit me as well as, if not better than, some of my MTM dress shirts.

neutrino

Reaction score
More realistically though, I don't think it would be technically possible to customize shirts in such a way. At least if my idea of how shirts are cut is more or less close to reality
confused.gif
Edit: ok, it is possible but it would take a lot of efforts
smile.gif

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agreed, the kind of customization I would need probably wouldn't happen....but the original idea of a bunch of random shirt fabrics being cut into the standard sizes that Epaulet uses for all their shirts seems at least somewhat realistic.

thebunk

Reaction score

^ agreed, the kind of customization I would need probably wouldn't happen....but the original idea of a bunch of random shirt fabrics being cut into the standard sizes that Epaulet uses for all their shirts seems at least somewhat realistic.

This. Not saying a MTM but use the basic EP fit as your base framework and offer certain things that you can customize potentially.

All of that aside, even if it was just fabrics and the basic EP fit, the program would be a smashing success.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ As convenient as customizing fit might be, I think when you change measurements on shirting patterns, you have to basically redesign the entire pattern, which would be incredibly difficult and no doubt expensive -- which is part of the reason why MTM is pricey/outsourcing-prone in the first place.

I don't view Epaulet like I view MTM outfits. Forum feedback is obviously very important for them, but part of the appeal of Epaulet is that Mike and Adele have designed and curated clothing with certain fabrics and fits.

Last edited:

pistolero

Reaction score
Speaking as someone who basically doesn't fit into any OTR shirts, the Epaulet shirt pattern is the best fitting and most versatile that I've come across. The standard sizes really seem to fit a wide range of guys, so why mess with success. I'm going to continue fantasizing about a MTO shirt program though...maybe someday...

thebunk

Reaction score

^ As convenient as customizing fit might be, I think when you change measurements on shirting patterns, you have to basically redesign the entire pattern, which would be incredibly difficult and no doubt expensive -- which is part of the reason why MTM is pricey/outsourcing-prone in the first place.

I don't view Epaulet like I view MTM outfits. Forum feedback is obviously very important for them, but part of the appeal of Epaulet is that Mike and Adele have designed and curated clothing with certain fabrics and fits. 

No one is suggesting they change measurements. That is one of the strengths of Epaulet which is the very consistent fitting. And while smaller changes like custom collars, arm lengths and buttons\cuffs would be a nice to have, just having the ability to pick limited edition fabrics in the standard sizes and that is it would be awesome.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any update on the pants orders from last month? they were supposed to be ready at the beginning of this week right?

Wade

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell whether the Manhattan store or the Brooklyn store has a certain item?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this sweater:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1409/Gant-Rugger-Varsity-V-dsh-neck/Detail

I live in NYC so it's easier for me to drop by a store to pick it up rather than online and I don't wnt to show up to one of the stores to find out the item is in the other store.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell whether the Manhattan store or the Brooklyn store has a certain item?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this sweater:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1409/Gant-Rugger-Varsity-V-dsh-neck/Detail

I live in NYC so it's easier for me to drop by a store to pick it up rather than online and I don't wnt to show up to one of the stores to find out the item is in the other store.

Why not call them? Their phone number is listed on the site for both stores.

Last edited:

stlms3

Reaction score
any update on the pants orders from last month? they were supposed to be ready at the beginning of this week right?
Earlier ths week they said that the pants should be in store by the end of the week, and that they were going to get everything prepped for shipping over the weekend. IIRC they also said that they would get some sample pics up as well.

... Next week is going to be great! Five pairs of pants from the first factory finds, and some steinbecks too!!! Now it just needs to cool down to more reasonable temperatures to actually wear all of this great FW clothing!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Sorry for being MIA over the past two days, been running around quite a bit to get all of our Fall/Winter ducks in a row. I'll try to get back to all of my PM's tomorrow too!

Also, Shetland Trousers & Carmina Belts are ready to go live, just have to put the final touches on that tomorrow. I'll post them here once they're up.

Mike,
Any chance of you doing a Factory Finds with shirting? That would be amazing

It's a great idea. I'd have to put that together, but maybe we can swing that at least once this season.

I believe that we can do a Rivet Chino factory finds next month as well. I got sent a few fabrics there which are very cool. And the next Walt/Rudy Factory Finds is going to be HUGE!

This. Even better if we could customize certain elements as well (collar type, length of arms).

I'd love to be able to do this someday, but at the moment we're not set up to. But we can accommodate special orders of our existing size range. So if you want an XS or and XXL, we can cut it. Or if we don't have your size and you're S-XL, we can also cut that for you.

Earlier ths week they said that the pants should be in store by the end of the week, and that they were going to get everything prepped for shipping over the weekend.  IIRC they also said that they would get some sample pics up as well.  

... Next week is going to be great!  Five pairs of pants from the first factory finds, and some steinbecks too!!!  Now it just needs to cool down to more reasonable temperatures to actually wear all of this great FW clothing!

Thank you sir!

And you know, funny that you mention Factory Finds. The first batch just arrived this morning. We opened the box, and it looked like a huge cardboard carton of this....

and this...

and a bit of this...

They are SO freaking good. We'll work on getting everything packed and shipped by the weekend. And I shot a gallery of 18 images so that you guys can see how everything made up. Thanks to everyone who ordered!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads