1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Hi! I'm new to Epaulet and considering purchasing a pair of light to medium gray wool trousers for spring/summer.

I've been looking at the Walt Super 120's and HY's Four Season, Nailhead or Tropical Wool offerings … I'd be a new customer to HY as well. I'd like a trouser that would be pretty versatile … for work in Southern California, night in Vegas, walking around Paris or Madrid in June.

Would the Super 120 be a good option or am I asking too much from one pair of trousers? I'd also be interested in anything that might be coming out in the next couple months that might be a better option.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!

2. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I have they Grey Super 120's. Bought them before they were put on the website about a year ago.
    I worse them to a Wall Street internship with absolutely sweltering heat and they kept relatively cool. I've also worn them this winter and they've kept me relatively warm. For the conditions you mentioned I think that they would be perfect. The fabric is pretty thin but in no way see through.

3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

4. Wade

Wade Senior member

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

You are right, of course. I got off topic and wrote about "dress shirts" in general. Here, yes, only the fabric is different.

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Were the results of the Before and After contest announced? Can someone please point me at the post if so?

7. digga

digga Senior member

Are all of the cotton walts machine washable or just the duck and UK canvas ones? Do the twill walts have to be dry cleaned? Also, should I expect any shrinkage?

in some of the pics, you can see a "dry clean only" tag, but the description says they are washable. Perhaps the tag is just standard for all of the walts.

Thanks!

8. mojserkis

mojserkis Member

I would like to get some Rivet Chinos but am wondering what size to get. I just ordered some pants from Outlier sized 30, with a 32 inch actual waistband. They fit pretty well. Maybe a bit big but better big than small.

So I am between ordering a 30 and a 31. How do you all find the fit of the chinos?

And any recommendations for color? Do you think the pumice color could be worn year-round? I am between that, the canvas khaki, and the brushed graphite.

Thanks for your input!

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

any chance that the Rivet in Oxford Cloth Blue will be back for spring/summer?

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The poll will be up shortly.

Oxford Chinos today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Wj4, nice look. I can't get over the variability of SoCal weather -- one day you can wear Harris tweed pants, the next oxford cotton Walts.

12. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

These pants are most excellent.

1 person likes this.
  13. Lifeson22

Lifeson22 Member

Mike/Matt,

Don't know if i've ever seen this question asked/answered.....

Have you guys ever considered doing a peak lapel sportcoat? Maybe just as part the factory find offerings?

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike stated that to keep the price low, all jackets have to be cut identically, down to the patched elbows.

Thanks, my friend.

It's been in the high 70s to mid 80s Fahrenheit this week. I get cold easily. In all fairness, the concept of layering, let alone heavy tweed, is uncommon in Los Angeles, haha.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I've found that the Rivet chinos fit pretty TTS in the waist (I wear a size 33 Rudy, which has a 34" waist, and I size up to 34 for Rivets and the waist fit is similar). So if you have some size 30 pants that have a true waist size of 32", you might need a size 32. I think a size 30 would be way too small for sure. Also double check the measurements on the website for each size and compare those to the pants you already own.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wish people hadn't snapped up all the xs for the womens stuff, price is insane!

17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

This is a great look. Effortlessly casual.

18. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Do the linen trousers get wrinkled easily with wear? I tend to stick to wool trousers because they don't get too wrinkled, and steaming them usually gets them back to normal, but I'm hesitant to buy linen trousers if they're going to need to be ironed between each wear.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yes. They form waves and look distinct from wrinkles of say, cotton. I have 3 pairs and love them all.

Frank: thanks!

20. AHS

AHS Senior member

Aldens? Please specify. They are great.

AHS