1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Mike, you rock.

Ordered the red pindot flannel Friday night and it's on my doorstep in Seattle when I get home today.

This is my first Epaulet shirt purchase and I was a little concerned about the slimming fit of the EP line. Ordered the large and it's nowhere near as slim as I thought it'd be. A regular fit J Crew medium fits well everywhere but the neck, while a slim J Crew medium is too snug on my belly. The EP large is a nice middle ground (with a perfect neck BTW). If this was a shirt I intended to tuck in frequently, I'd probably leave it but want to rock this untucked so took it to a tailor to remove the darts. Scouring the thread it seemed like the seam holes shouldn't be too noticeable on a patterned shirt.

How do you guys wash these shirts? Cold and hang dry? Should I except any major shrinkage?

Excited that I finally know my size! Thanks, Epaulet!

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

Good to hear you like it--I wash in cold & hang dry, and I've never had noticeable shrinking.

3. digga

digga Senior member

Do most of you guys iron your casual shirts after you hang dry, or just let them be?

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I steam all of my shirts after hang drying.

5. Don L

Don L Senior member

Same here. Love that gadget

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

One of the two gadgets a man needs. The other being a George Foreman grill :$

1 person likes this.
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

Any chance of the Rivets in Oxford Cloth Blue coming back for the spring?

8. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Hey guys,

Wore my Carmina boots in the rain today (love them!) and unfortunately they look kind of trashed. Here is an image of what they look like:

[​IMG]

Does anybody have any idea what the white stain is? I tried to clean it off with some water, but it only makes the stain worse. I'm guessing that it's some sort of salt stain (there's still some salt residue left in my area from snow). As such, I tried a white vinegar + water combination that I use sometimes, but that doesn't seem to have helped at all with the leather.

For the record, what you're seeing is just an example of this mysterious white residue. The other boot is completely covered in it (can take pictures, but for some reason the white only appears when the leather is dry, and the other boot is wet at the moment).

Does anybody have any thoughts on what this stain is and how to get it out? Love these boots, and wouldn't want to have to stop wearing them!

9. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

It is salt residue that has been lifted out of the leather because it is getting wet. Something like Fiebing's salt stain remover will get that out easily. Don't use the vinegar/water method as that has damaged a pair of my shoes in the past!

10. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Oh shoot, I already used the vinegar/water method earlier with a toothbrush to try to get it off! Not too much, but still, I did use some.

I won't be able to get the salt stain remover for a few days. Do you think it'll be alright to let my shoes just sit until then?

Thanks!

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

What were you doing wearing Carmina's outside?!! [​IMG]

Are these calf? I assume there's some Saphir or other cleaning product, buy what about saddle soap to try cleaning the stains? That should have the virtue of being easy to get. I had similar white stains (what I also thought was salt) on some brown Chromexcel boots, and between cleaning with water and rubbing in Montana pitch blend they disappeared. I'd think you could also take them to a reasonably adept cobbler for a shine if DIY remedies fail.

The salt stains were on my CXL for a few days and still came out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Liberty shirt today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Came home to this:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Wisith, you are so baller all the time.

2 people like this.
  14. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

As long as you don't see visual damage it will be fine. Should be ok for a few days, but if you can go to a cobbler they should have salt stainremover avaliable

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks Don, pants are RRL Officer Chinos.

I need a steamer, but yet, I iron.

W, whats the suit?

16. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Girlfriend shirt bought for the missus. Even with international shipping it's a ridiculous bargain.

17. kontra

kontra Well-Known Member

Any plans for new polo shirts this year? If yes - around when?

18. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Quote:
    Which steamer you use? I'm in the market.

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I don't recall the brand nor the price. It's a cheapey model though. Perhaps others can help.

20. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

I, too, am curious.

Is the steamer than a full on substitute for ironing?

Would very much prefer this to my piss-poor ironing skills.