1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

since I just received mine here's a quick pic (tan on the left, pumice on the right)

[​IMG]

Ordered on Friday morning and they were at my doorstep in sunny TX today after work [​IMG] I think I got the shipping notice 40mins after ordering, now that's what I call great customer service

2. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Well-Known Member

The craziness of delivery service. I ordered Thursday night, live in NYC and still haven't received my last order. Too funny...

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Same here...I tried on a few seer sucker jackets last spring and couldn't find the one that fit the way I wanted. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this so I don't miss out

4. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks for the comparison pic!

5. Randomore

Randomore Well-Known Member

Want to order a couple chinos and shirts and had a couple questions as far as fit.

I have a couple west is dead chinos and I am a perfect 32 on those. Does anyone have both to compare? I'm usually a 34 on most other brands.

Gitman Vintage I am a perfect L. Should I size up for the house brand? I wear a M for J crew as well, I know someone mentioned them for comparison.

Thanks in advance. Love this stuff.

6. CaliforniaSon

CaliforniaSon Well-Known Member

Though I don't imagine I'm a M in anything I can say a gitman vintage L and an Epaulet XL both fit me well. 6'1 200lbs if that helps

7. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

I've lost 40 lbs since last may and have one Epaulet shirt, the Styleforum plaid mashup from a few year ago. Its a size XL. It's pretty good in the waist, but too big in the chest, shoulders, and neck...aka i still have weight to lose. I take it a Large would be perfect but might be a *bit* tight in the stomach region. I suspect the darts are the reason for that. Are there any Epaulet shirts that would fit me more cleanly?

8. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Hard to say on the shirts. Gitman to me is everywhere size wise. A epaulet L will be slim on you, but might will work, XL will likely fit you comfortablly.

On the pants I would say 34 for sure.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Try the Navy label. No darts and a comfortable fit overall.

10. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

I'm glad we are talking about Spring/Summer jackets. I am very interested in the new line. But first, let me say that it has really annoyed me that no one has bought this sage linen SC from last Summer. It is a great piece. If you are size 42 please buy it now.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

Are the olive moleskin walts as brown as they look on the ep site?

12. HughJ

HughJ Well-Known Member

Interesting. I received a pair of Walt trousers yesterday and the back of the hardware was stamped HF, leading me to think Rochester NY.

On the pants themselves, I love them. The Walt cut is perfect for me, if not a smidge wide in the waist (which my tailor charges $10 for). I see many more pairs in my future.

13. gnarwrangler

gnarwrangler Member

Are you guys going to be restocking the Oxford Rivet Chinos for Spring? Any estimate of when?

14. greedhead

greedhead Member

Just got my email from Adele that she was able to change the sizing on my FF shirting order even after the order went to the factory. Very excited for it to arrive.

I know this thread is littered with stories of Epaulet's consistently exceptional customer service, but I just wanted to throw my name into the pile - you guys are doing a fantastic job and I look forward to being a customer for a long time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

That is outstanding. I have to admit I'm having slight second thoughts about my FF Southwick jacket orders. I've bought my EP jackets in 40 and sized up to 41 for the FF round. Then I wore my Cain hopsack size 40 around this weekend and was thinking to myself, "Do I need this any bigger." Of course, I'm worring about .125 inch either way in the shoulders, which is the only measurement that can't be adjusted. I'm taking a few calming breaths and going back to looking forward to the sport coats.

So glad to hear you got your situation worked out though. EP as a whole concern really gets customer service. Now, if I could just get them to decide to run the airline I fly... :)

16. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

Looks like everyone who isn't a 42 did buy it :D

1 person likes this.
  17. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

I have this and have to say it's pretty nice. Have received quite a few compliments.

18. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

Is it common for someone to wear to different sizes in regular rise and low rise pants? Say one size up in the waist for the low rise pants?

19. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Been waiting for that 42 to hit the sale rack for ages

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  20. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

I don't know why more people didn't grab the heavyweight twill chinos. The olive pair that I have has saved my arse from freezing on many a winter night. Would grab the other color as well but have to restrain the spendings.

On another note, I've been invited to a wedding which is to take place this June, and this brings forward the need to step my suit game up a notch. And I mean a huge notch [​IMG]. I don't really wear suits and the one navy suit that I have needs to be burned (sorry, mom). Also, last time I wore it was 3 years ago and my physique has changed a bit too.
    Since I'm looking nowhere else but EP to fill this huge hole in my wardrobe, I'll be seeking guidance in this thread [​IMG]