Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CaliforniaSon

CaliforniaSon Well-Known Member

Comments/questions regarding recent purchases:

Shirting - Epaulet, thank you. Purchased 3 so far and theyre by far the 3 best shirts I've owned. Feels like I've never worn one without getting a compliment on it. Looking forward to fall offerings/additional coppage.

Rivet chinos - Love the materials and the overall cut, but even after letting them out my 2 pairs of 36's are still a little tight in the thigh, especially when seated. Is it possible to special order a 38 for an additional charge?

2. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

I don't hardly ever post on this thread, but I need someone else who understands how weird it is that this Carly Rae Jepsen video (she's the Call Me Maybe girl) starts outside of Epaulet Manhattan.

I don't recommend listening. The five seconds of "hey, is that Epaulet" are easily the best part. It's all downhill afterwards.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

James River Blues (Oxford Rivets)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

some belts just went on sale, picked up a chromexcel leather belt for $66
    and free shipping!

6. trig

trig Senior member

nice heads up. nothing left in 36 though. just bought the western print chromexcel last month too.

7. koor

koor Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012

8. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

I ordered the natural cxl in 36
    and brown cxl in 34, unsure of
    fit and went with what's left.

if you're a 32, there's some nice
    choices left

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

AHAHHAHAHAH that is awesome

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

How much can the rivets be let out in the thigh? Love the fit everywhere, except for the thighs which kind of look like sausage casings sometimes.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

When one just admits they are teh fattyz, sizing gets easier :)

jk - same problem. Sized up, waiting for new pants to arrive.

12. jslade

jslade Senior member

That is so surreal. Looks like they filmed it on a Monday.

[​IMG]

Mike, you have any comment on this?

13. meso

meso Senior member

My natural chromexel belt is by far my favorite.
    Extremely thick but supple leather.
    Yeah, if you have a 30 or 32 waist you need to pick up a few belts right about now!

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This is insane, thanks for posting it up! I'm thinking that they shot it early in the morning - maybe around 8AM, as quite a few of the storefronts are closed. Very cool though.

For the Rivets, you'd probably want to size up for more room in the leg and then bring in the waist/seat to get the correct fit there. Either that, or you might consider trying one of our Rudy-fit trousers. Even though it's a different style, it's a great shape for guys with bigger legs.

Looking good guys, thanks for posting!

Great, thanks for picking everything up and thanks for your feedback!

Regarding the Rivet Chinos, we probably can do that. Drop a line to Matt at leftofthedial. I don't see why we couldn't use the CAD pattern to scale up to a 38, and we can just run that along with our usual monthly production.

Haha that's awesome! Thanks for repping us so hard!

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your chinos. PM me with some more details and we'll either take care of the repair charges or get you into another pair.

In a way, your tailor's correct. We made the oxford cloth chinos with the intention of using a heavyweight shirt fabric to make an exceptionally lightweight summer pant. It's around 6.5oz. The fabric is a cotton/poly blend, which makes it better suited for a trouser than the 100% Japanese cotton cloth we use for shorts, but it's still not something that you'll want to wear too hard. But it's no different in that way from other finer trouser fabrics that we use (tropical wool, those Awning stripes modeled by wj4, wool/cashmere, etc). These were definitely non-traditional in our use of the fabric.

That said, we've sold hundreds of them and I personally know quite a few customers who wear them regularly, and they're holding up just fine. Your seam failures after one wear is both atypical and not acceptable. Sorry for that, and we'll get this sorted for you.

Thank you sir, and enjoy those shorts on your trip!

I've been there myself, believe me. I'm now the proud owner of a Boston Terrier Nativity Set. Which I bought in July. I can thank the combination of Ebay and Rye Whiskey for that. Enjoy the shirt and thanks!

Yup, I'm thinking that the wool chinos will be around $195 when they drop. We haven't decided on the liner yet - this flannel is really soft, so they might not need it. I'll run that by our factory though.

I think that you guys are going to dig them. We have a ton of tweeds and flannels slated for Walt & Rudy trousers, so I didn't want to duplicate too many things, but this wool is AMAZING. Beautiful "Fall Leaves" colors, great hand, phenomenal quality. It's going to really pop with the herringbone taping too. We may try to layer in one other fabric for holiday time too. And if you guys remember the "cotton herringbone" rivet chinos that we ran about a year and a half ago, these will also reappear as a new dressy option for Fall.

15. bearspoke

bearspoke Active Member

New York Bar Exam Yesterday-- Had to go rivet chino!

Thanks Epaulet!