1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^30 or 31 depending on your waist-to-thigh ratio. 3sixteen site and Self Edge have measurement charts so you can compare w/ Epaulet numbers. The denim will for sure stretch as much as a full 1" in the waist though, unlike the Rivets

2. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

I recently picked up a pair of 31 Rivets which fit *just* right. I had actually hoped they would be a little looser. I might have my tailor let them out about 1/2". In any case I have a pair of 30 SL-100x on their way to me. I debated between the 29 and the 30. I'll see how they feel... So hard to figure out when there are no stores local to me....

3. oisin

oisin Senior member

definitely look nice. wonder what the inseam is. if you could only have one pair of jeans these might be them. but yeah, I'm not sure where to go in the denim world these days, if anywhere. $370 is spendy. but if you go into a self edge shop you see plenty of $300+ jeans.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

370 is absurd.

1 person likes this.
  5. Leather

Leather Senior member

Only denim I'd get for 300+ are diors

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I don't understand the whole, "I'll never spend x on a jean" argument. From guys who don't blink an eye at $200+ on trousers. Jeans are a different animal, a beast if you will. They don't require the delicate care that trousers do, shit, they barely require anything at all, and I wear my jeans much more than trousers when I look at the hours I'm in dress pants compared to them. A nice pair of jeans to me is well worth a little more...for me its all about the fit, I'll have to try these bad boys on.

2 people like this.
  7. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Ok, two pairs of rivets came yesterday, great pants, I'm happy I ordered them. I have a question. My Walts are 32 so based on my reading here I went with 33 rivets. The waist fits well, very well actually. I am glad I did but still think they are too small especially in the thigh and they are very tight in the seat. They don't feel uncomfortably tight but I think they are pulling in the seat. I measured the thigh as described and got 11 inches opposed to the 12.5 listed on the site. My plan is: take them to the tailor to see what she says. If she thinks she can work it out, I will wash them and have her shorten the hem and let out the waist. I'm bummed the 34s are sold out in duck, that might have been the way to go. some fit pics included, at the risk of embarrassing myself. 5'9" 155lb race weight (165 in this pic). I squat a lot so that is the source of my frustration. Thanks for listening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yeah, I say now that I wouldn't spend that much on denim, but really it's because I haven't educated myself on the intricacies of the premium selvedge market yet. I'm sure 3 years ago I would have never fathomed spending the money I do now on Epaulet trousers and cordovan boots and the like. You'll see another post from me in about 6 months, angry because I missed out these jeans and what a steal they were, haha.

9. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

36" inseam according to site... they are some nice looking denim

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Well, I did it. I was looking for a new unique pair of salvage denim and saw these. With shaky fingers I clicked "confirm order" and one less size 31 is not in stock anymore :slayer:

These Indigo Farm X The Armoury denim is a bit expensive when comparing to Momotaro for example but I like the appearance more. Also very elegant to wear with blazers and my Aldens :satisfied:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  11. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

They are a nearly ideal cut in my mind, but I struggle with paying so much for a casual item. As Rob said though, it makes sense if you wear jeans often.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

arent those jeans made in china. must really like the fit to spend top of the line dollar. not even momos are that much.

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Indigo Farm done a lot of collabs and their craftsmanship is top notch.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just checked the sale section again and it looks like all the women's blazers are now gone....there were still a couple sizes up a few days ago, did these all sell out within the last 2 days?

15. Don L

Don L Senior member

Funny thing is they go from Chelsea MA to NY back to Boston....

16. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

You're measuring differently than described on Epaulet's site - they measure flat across from edge-to-edge at the lowest point of the crotch, whereas you're measuring from the seam to edge. And just eyeballing it, that difference looks to be right about 1.5" as expected.

17. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

Really feeling the LBM jacket... is there enough room to shorten the sleeve about 1" without messing the working button cuff?

18. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

really like the color on the Rivets that dropped today. Not exactly exciting, but will be great for the office

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Rob's point is pretty accurate, and really, the designation of "casual" for jeans is relative to one's wardrobe needs/desires. If you never need to wear more "formal" attire, the idea of spending $300 on something that will be rarely worn is equally worth considering. There are price points to all manner of clothes, and just because expensive items exist in items one would not ever choose to buy it doesn't mean they overpriced per se. Just depends on budgets and tastes. I doubt a pair of --insert super high end tailored line-- dress trousers that cost twice as much as Walts are literally twice as good. Same for denim.

Momos are damn close. And anytime two entities combine, prices go up to cover everyone's time. Doesn't make them better, but it's no surprise either.

QFT. Their Hong Kong location should not be looked at as any sort of liability.

This, plus you look to be in the larger thighs camp, and rivets fit slimmer than the Walts in the seat/thigh, even than the measurements might imply. You may well be able to address this w/ a tailor and or sizing up, but it's also possible the Rivet fit may not work for you. It's tricky (I know).

Random aside: If anyone is looking for the purple herringbone melange buttondown in Large, drop me a PM.

20. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

Mike: Any chance you will offer a special order seersucker sport coat for the summer?