1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Can't speak for Rob, but I don't like the look of toe taps, some of my shoes and boots look like Rob's as well. I'll just resole when the time comes.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Can't speak for Rob, but I don't like the look of toe taps, some of my shoes and boots look like Rob's as well. I'll just resole when the time comes.

3. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm not here to argue, Mr. BMW. I am just stating my two cents. By the look, I mean the noticeable metal piece hugging the sole in the toe area when your shoes are up. This is the same reason I don't like to add a thin piece of rubber onto leather sole. Yes, they preserve the life of the sole, but not my cup of tea. When it comes to resole then so be it.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

what

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Dude! You're back! His screen name: Imola red is a color BMW offers. Zhp is the code for sports package. And I'm guessing the Ci is the car he has, used on the older models like E46 3 Series. I had an E90 335i back in 2007 :) so I kinda know the lingo.

2 people like this.
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Haha. Impressive, wj4. I'll have to take your word for it.

I just got a pair of shoes with flush metal taps. Not sure how I feel about them just yet. Likely another one of those things that will fall into the category of 'do with your shoes as you will."

NYI's fits looking good as usual.

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I went to college in NH with Pete Nash's little brother. He used to visit all the time. We were all star struck. It was the late 80's early 90's after all. I haven't heard 3rd bass in years. Off to YouTube...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

damn, that's some serious car nerdery. I got like "hp" was probably something and "ci" is the old coupe designation but was lost on the rest.

I had a 528e also known as the slowest BMW ever built. Thing was bulletproof, though. Loved that car.

2 people like this.
  10. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

This is so good. Must...resist...buying...Carmina....

11. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

How could I forget that Sanka from Cool Runnings was in the gas face video? lol

12. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Agreed. Have recently added taps to all my leather-soled shoes.

I have some Vass coming with the sunken metal tap.

Also, you can get a sunken rubber tap added as well.

13. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Your measurements is almost just like mine. I'm 5'9, 155 lbs, 39" chest and 17.5 shoulder. I found medium Epaulet shirts to be wearable but a bit tight in the chest, while size large feels comfortable and still look pretty fitted. So I've sold off most of my mediums and buy large exclusively now. I think medium should work for you but small likely would not.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks...yessir.

Thx, fabric is vintage 1936 English overcoating I found on Delancey St...as soon as i saw it, i was in love.

Cheer.

I'm not a toe tap fan, don't like the feel of them to be honest...I've some, and they always catch on the stairs when I walk up...falling in front of 30 13 year olds is not pleasant. Yes, it has happened.

1 person likes this.
  15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

As long as we're in car nerd mode...

ZSP was the normal sport package code.

ZHP was the performance package code. It was mostly notable because you could get Imola Red which until then was an M exclusive color at least in the US.
    You also got 10 hp more than a standard 330 and a lower final drive ratio. You could get it on a sedan and guys who got the ZHP liked to pretend that they got it because there was no E46 M3 sedan.

To keep this Epaulet related

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Thanks!!!
    Thank you. Do you have the Canine sport coat? I am thinking of getting one and wondering what size you wear if you have one.

17. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm really surprised no one picked up the denim Walt yet. I honestly think that's right up Rob's alley!

19. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I have one of each of the Caine, Weller, & Napoli sport coats, and they are all size 40. They fit me so well off the rack, I never had them altered at all.

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

1) Probably so

2) 2" is a lot. You might try pinning them up at home just to get a visual before you commit. The tailor will always fold them and you can look them in the mirror, but it always feels like a rushed decision to me for some reason.

Anyway, carry on.