Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I don't know, I think it looks a bit strained because Mike works out and has such big upper legs, and chest. If I had his body, I'd wear the next size up for the polo and short a tad less baggy/an inch or two longer.

2. applky

applky Senior member

^ He pulls it off really well. Maybe it's that particular fit pic.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Not pure Dainite (outside of the special MTO project Scotch Grain bal boot that we did), but we have quite a few styles with the York sole, which is a combo of leather and Dainite.

The delivery next week will include the Steinbeck - it's a tougher version of our Sinclair wingtip boot with the York sole, storm welt, hooks & eyes, and Chromexcel upper. It's designed to be a strong weather-resistant piece. We'll have some other options along those lines too.

Oh, they're so freaking good. We ran out of Cognac shell, but we'll have the following:

Caramel Calf
    Chocolate Calf
    Black Calf

Snuff Suede
    Chocolate Suede

Color #8 Shell
    Saddle Shell

We have one style called the Seafighter and one called the LRRP. It's a Submariner style with a helium release valve and a GMT bezel. It's thicker and more serious than the Vantage and a really amazing piece. It's hardcore! I'll have them up next week.

Oh absolutely, Reg Twill full restock should happen next week for Gunmetal, Navy, Khaki, and Moss.

Thank you sir and enjoy them! You can easily wear these throughout the Fall in LA.

Awesome. Love the color contrast between top and bottom.

Haha, I wouldn't disagree with this. I wear polos at least 5x a week and I'm usually wearing them as slim as a bartender in Chelsea would. And pretty much every pair of pants and shorts fit me tighter than the ideal, but I just embrace it. I'm 35 and I figure that I have a maximum of 7 years before I fully transition into an Alec Baldwin physique, so I'll start sizing up then.

And Stanley is right. To all you Walt short owners out there under 6' tall: try getting your shorts hemmed a bit if you're feeling adventurous. Shorter shorts on guys are like a middle finger to boring people.

Guaranteed that you'll get overwhelmingly positive feedback from everyone who isn't in an Irish bar that's two blocks from Penn Station in NYC. If you're going to one of those places, it's probably best to not get your shorts hemmed higher.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I have my own aesthetic and I post the pictures up to share with others. That's pretty much it.

5. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Better photo:

[​IMG]

I am a fan. I look forward to wearing it post wash as I expect it to lose some of the rigidity.

size M. 5' 10" 178 lbs, 41" chest.

6. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

ditto. I blame my partial Italian genes

7. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I just received mine today, same exact size and color. I'm very impressed with it and I think the high price is justified assuming that it'll be durable under Mike's recommended care. The cloth doesn't feel as delicate as I thought it might be (a good thing in my book), and the fit for me (I'm sort of between M & L on standard Epaulet shirts and usually buy size L) is very good. I don't like wearing my polos tight and this one in size M looks well fitted but not at all tight on me.

My initial impression is that these polos are another homerun by Epaulet.

8. mymil

mymil Senior member

Just embrace who you are.
    [​IMG]

9. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

So I crossed the Alec Baldwin line 5 years ago. Happy Friday to me!

10. Epaulet

+1. Sean Connery had no qualms with showing some leg

[​IMG]

11. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I think I like the fit of Bateman the best so far, am not a fan of skin tight polos aswell, but each their own.
    @wj4, my comment was meant as a compliment, just to stress it another time. Everybody should wear what he/she feels most comfortable in.
    I critisise outfits which I don' like and try to explain why but I feel its important to at least equally compliment people if you like their combinations.

12. mothball

mothball Senior member

So, any Epaulet bandoliers in the works?

13. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Still looking for help. Thanks.

14. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Just a heads up, you can order most of their jackets in any of the other arrangements (or mostly make up your own). I have a hopsack on special order right now. Just a +$50 markup. I'm not sure that it answers your question, but thought I'd mention it

15. Epaulet

Wow, it's a GREAT fit on you. And it will be very comfortable after that first wash, just stick with that delicate cold water / hang dry combo. Thanks for picking it up!

Oh yes, going to organize a shell cordovan & python makeup in the Epaulet x Carmina thread. Not many slots open though, so you might want to preorder!

Ah sorry, we don't have information on past items available. But the only grey jacket that we've run was the 100% cashmere Caine from last Fall. We made about 10 units of it. Sizing was comparable to the Caine Hopsack and Loro Piana jacket that we have in stock now.