Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Mike

Any plans for additional shirting under the Italia line?
    Really like the fit on these.

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I think Mike posted earlier in this thread that there will be more Italia shirts coming in the fall. The Italia shirts fits me a little better than the standard Epaulet shirts, so I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming Italia shirts.

3. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

Are those the Rivets in caramel?

4. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]

Looking good as usual NYR, but the carpentry skills on that door sill behind you are atrocious. That's one wavy door.

5. jhilla

jhilla Senior member

Hey Mike, sorry to add to all the questions here - do you have any thoughts about adding side tabs to some of the dressier Walts or just the Walts in General? Most of the time they fit me so well I don't even need a belt and I love the look of side tabs. Just curious if you've ever thought about adding that option.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This is great. Tumblr'd with a quickness!

Very nice. The S100 is an excellent camera for its size. Put a little finishing on those photos in Aperture and you're good to go.

Yup, the new round of special order trousers should go up in about 10 days. That's all we have on the horizon except for a Rivet Chino restock in the next weeks or so. Fall goods will start arriving around the end of August, and good lord, will there be some awesome stuff there!

The next really big thing that we're launching is a bunch of Carmina shoes and belts. They left Spain earlier in the week, so we're about 10 days out for that with customs. Got a few new MKII watches as well.

Should be en-route to you now. They're heavily pressed before shipping to protect them, but that leaves some strong creases when you unpack them, so we waited a day and steamed out all the polos before shipping. They won't be totally crease-free, but largely crease-free. That will make it easier to wear them straight out of the box.

Oh sorry, all of the Rudy's are special order from here on in. Super 120's Navy will be the only fabric that we stock in the Rudy.

Good advice. But you can certainly jury-rig something if you're just taking a couple of shots outside. I've definitely used sandwich bags before. Drape it over the top of the camera, leave a hole for the lens, it works pretty well. Most decent cameras can take a few drops of water without a problem, but you don't want to use them exposed in a downpour.

Haha, got em worked out for you! Mid-September's gonna be a good time in Moscow!

Ah sorry, those are totally discontinued.

Actually yes. In a little bit, we're going to debut the new shapes for Regiment Twill - one of which has side D-rings rather than belt loops.

Since we're doing a lot of monthly special orders, it should be no problem to have this done to any pant that we offer, provided that we have the fabric. They become final sale as a special order and it might run another $10 or $15, depending on the cloth. But yes, this is definitely possible. We'll also be able to produce trousers as cargo pants or ranger flap pocket pants on demand. I'll have some pics to show shortly.

7. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Thanks, Dr. Matt hooked up the tracking via PM. You guys rock. It was delivered today. Now waiting for the mailroom to get it to my desk. :slayer:

8. Epaulet

Luchino Polo Care

Dear Luchino Polo customers!

I've washed and worn my polo a few times, and I just want to advise you on how best to care for it. As a really fine knit, it will benefit from a bit more TLC than usual.

If you're washing at home, I'd definitely recommend Cold water and the Delicate setting. This will get all of the schmutz out, but be easier on the fabric. If you don't want to do a separate setting or you use a laundromat, then pick up a lingerie wash bag. Despite the kinky overtones of using it, they're great for protecting items like this, and they're easy to find and inexpensive. If you have light and fine t-shirts from people like Everlane, this will extend the life of those as well. It's a good investment.

For drying, the best route is to hang dry it on a thick plastic hanger. One intended for a sportcoat or overcoat - like this:
    http://www.hangersandhangers.com/img/p/135-178-large.jpg

Also very easy to find. And I'd suggest plastic over wood so you don't get any color transfer with use. With this technique, the polo will dry beautifully with minimal wrinkles. And those wrinkles will largely work themselves out with a few minutes of wear. Shrinkage will be minimal to zero.

You can put them over a drying rack too, but you're going to have a strong crease right in the center after it's done drying. You can of course iron or steam this out.

Show these some love and they'll show you some love back.

And, I've got a fit pic (my first in a long time). Some of you guys know that I broke my big toe in Mallorca by (like an idiot) dropping a weight onto it at the hotel gym. Ironic because I never use hotel gyms. And I would never work out in flip flops, except this hotel was right by the beach, where I was headed afterwards. Anyway, it's all wrapped up for the next 4 weeks, so it's either horrible German sandals or Nike Free's for me every day until then.

But, it is kind of cool how the Infrared polo hooks up perfectly with the soles of the sneakers! I'm wearing a medium Luchino here and the Petrol Blue Walt shorts, which I had taken up an extra 2", just to make them more awesome.

[​IMG]

9. Epaulet

10. jimney

jimney Senior member

I have heard that most Pentax DSLRs are waterproof, for a lower-cost option if people are interested.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Its convenient for now as it lets me see when the kids are out of bed. Door is original to the 1930 construction, so I'm sure it's been removed once or twice and tinkered with!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I love your stuff but you guys should really look into a web redesign.

13. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Will any of the new Carmina's come in dainite? Right now I'm looking at some c&j boots and chukkas for winter, but would not mind spending a bit extra $$$ to finally get some carminas. I just don't need any more leather soled shoes right now.

14. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

By the way, love my navy Walt 120s so much more than my linen trousers! I can't wait until the special order medium grey 120s I ordered arrive!

15. meso

meso Senior member

Epaulet's website is infinitely more usable than the majority of online retailers out there.