Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

What are your favorite Epaulet pants for staying cool when you aren't in shorts?

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

That would be the oxford cloth rivet chinos. I'm wearing them today in anticipation of 100F heat.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Completely agree with this. The lightweight canvas is also very nice. Distressed mint is 6.5 oz and there are various in 7 oz.

The linen Walts are very nice as well, of course, though a significantly higher price.

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Disagree; I think the cutaway is vastly more flattering to a much wider range of face shapes and works really well on the polos.

5. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

I just know what inseam I want when I go in, so all my pants are hemmed to the same length (30.5").

6. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Polo feedback: I'd be all over these if it weren't for the cutaway collar (same with the moleskin overshirt). The small pique fabric looks awesome, as does the cut, though.

7. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I like the distinctive collar. The skintight fit on the model makes me nervous but he's in a small, so hopefully a medium will look more normal.

8. DahveedNG

DahveedNG Active Member

Question for anybody who wouldn't mind helping me out with sizing on the duck canvas chinos - how does the sizing change as you wear them in?

I have a pair of the Oxford chinos in 32, and while I really like them I think I might be better off with a bit more room, so I sized up to 33 for a pair of the duck canvas (specifically, Moss). The duck canvas pants hang very differently due to the tough material, and right now I'm thinking they're a bit wide in the thighs. However, if these are going to soften up it might look fine to have the extra room. Or should I be treating these more like denim and assuming they'll stretch out as I wear them, and should start out a bit tighter?

For what it's worth, these will never see warm water or the inside of a dryer; I can't afford to give away anything on the length. Thanks for any suggestions or input.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Mine have not stretched at all. I would not expect them to be anything like denim.

10. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

They'll soften, but not really stretch. I have both the duck and the oxford in the same size and the oxford are definitely slimmer/tighter on me and the duck more "normal". I think you're better of with the 32.

11. mymil

mymil Senior member

I'd rather linen Walts than rivet chinos. I wear mine with 2" cuffs and had my tailor add side pull-tabs, so they can easily be worn without a belt. Really light and breezy, and I think the added weight of the cuffs helps them drape better.

12. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Based on Mike's comments, I have to think that the chart is off by one size. The chart is what they should measure, but this batch runs one size large. I am going to confirm tomorrow before I order.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Crappy pic in the research quarter of the living room...Cherry Red Rivets and Carmina Suede Austerity Brogue.

[​IMG]

These were hemmed at tapered down the street from Epaulet on Orchard...i thought the flip on these screwed up the way they hung as they were so light, so I had them hemmed with no break...how they look?

**Edit** damn I need to see my chiropractor, look at that drop on my shoulders...lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

14. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Thanks for the recommendations guys, will be looking into each. Oxford cloth looks great.

15. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Nice hem length, NYR. I like that they don't swallow your shoes - a little sock showing is a nice touch, especially considering this eff you color. Thanks for the fit pic; now to get mine done.