• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

We just took 30% markdowns on a few Mark McNairy and Quoddy shoes from last winter. Have a look:

Field%20Boot%20Pair%20LO.jpg

Black Field Boot: Was $395, Now $275

Hey Mike. If I am a size 9 in the Thorogoods what size would be right for these Black Field Boots? Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
how do the mcnairy shoes compare to, say alden, in quality and comfort?
Well, they're different but comparable. The Red Brick sole shoes are very comfortable, and significantly lighter than Aldens. The boots have about the same amount of heft but use a softer European leather than the rugged Horween goods. As you guys know, Alden is in a class of its own for quality and long-wearing durability. So it's tough to compare things directly. The McNairy shoes are great quality as well and offer a good value with British styling.
Originally Posted by fashunhor
Hey Mike. If I am a size 9 in the Thorogoods what size would be right for these Black Field Boots? Thanks.
I'm thinking that the 10D we have would work for you. Drop me a PM when you have a minute and let me know what size you take in other types of shoes.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Damn. I had just posted recently about them and my size was around, and now the crazy nice price drop and someone done gone ahead and snagged them from under me
ffffuuuu.gif
!!!

Mike, are you sure you're out of the size 8's (assuming I would be an 8 if I'm an 8 in Alden Indy)??

Ah, sorry about that Tonio. But we never actually had the 8D available, as Adele grabbed those the first day that they came in. In about a week though, we'll have an 8 in both the white suede longwing and a light grey saddle shoe.
bigstar[1].gif

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown captoe suedes are very comfortable and are great boots, definitely worth picking up if they are in your size....just wish there were more McNairys on sale in 11.5D for me.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, sorry if you answered this already but about the chino sizing, if I'm typically a 30 in medium-rise denim, what size am I likely to take in the chinos? Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
Sup with them white/red/black Gitman tattersalls Mike?

Ah sorry I missed your post earlier - we've got one unit of Small remaining. I wanted to put them online, but Gitman was short on fabric. We ordered 12, but only got three. The sizing is identical to our Camel Tattersall, so drop me a PM if this is your size and you're interested. It's got a buttondown collar and it's also $165. Here's a quick photo (sorry for the lousy iphone quality)

4514673231_88ace80d45.jpg

See larger

Originally Posted by dusty
Mike, sorry if you answered this already but about the chino sizing, if I'm typically a 30 in medium-rise denim, what size am I likely to take in the chinos? Thanks.

The 30 should be right on with these. We worked to get the waist TTS, and these also have a medium rise. When they arrive, I'll have a few guys try them on just to ensure that the tagged sizing is completely accurate.

cicero79

Reaction score
Commercial Break:

I just want to put in my two cents and thank Mike and Adele for letting me sit down and ask them a bit about their experiences. The shop is welcoming both inside and out. I got to see a little bit first hand what hard work and passion will yield, an amazing shop owned by amazing people that produce and deliver one-of-a-kind items.

For those looking forward to the Hoyt's, I can testify and say that I am thoroughly impressed.

Hopefully will pick up a pair of Wool Trousers in the near future

Thanks again Mike, when you get a chance, could you email that dolphin picture?

JBG

Reaction score
I just received the blackwatch seersucker shirt and I am totally impressed. This was my first Epaulet shirt and certainly will not be the last.

The fabric is wonderfully "puckered" as seersucker goes, and I see it getting a lot of wear when the weather gets warmer. The shape of the collar is amazing.

I was extremely happy with the fit - for me most shirts off the rack, if they fit well in the shoulders and chest, tend to be tent-like. In ordering the XXL I was (slightly) worried with the connotation of "XXL" but this one fit perfectly (for reference - 46 chest, 34 waist) - if you have an athletic build then these shirts are it.

I normally don't gush over clothes... but damn this shirt rocks.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
Are the pants still expected to arrive tomm?

the_state

Reaction score
dammit... i really needed that tattersall gitman in a large.

any chance you'll get a run w/ that size?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Commercial Break:

I just want to put in my two cents and thank Mike and Adele for letting me sit down and ask them a bit about their experiences. The shop is welcoming both inside and out. I got to see a little bit first hand what hard work and passion will yield, an amazing shop owned by amazing people that produce and deliver one-of-a-kind items.

For those looking forward to the Hoyt's, I can testify and say that I am thoroughly impressed.

Hopefully will pick up a pair of Wool Trousers in the near future

Thanks again Mike, when you get a chance, could you email that dolphin picture?

Thanks Hai, it was a pleasure meeting you too! Oh, and this is our official press photo with "Princess" the dolphin.

3194368467_1c6fc95bbb.jpg

Originally Posted by JBG
I just received the blackwatch seersucker shirt and I am totally impressed. This was my first Epaulet shirt and certainly will not be the last.

The fabric is wonderfully "puckered" as seersucker goes, and I see it getting a lot of wear when the weather gets warmer. The shape of the collar is amazing.

I was extremely happy with the fit - for me most shirts off the rack, if they fit well in the shoulders and chest, tend to be tent-like. In ordering the XXL I was (slightly) worried with the connotation of "XXL" but this one fit perfectly (for reference - 46 chest, 34 waist) - if you have an athletic build then these shirts are it.

I normally don't gush over clothes... but damn this shirt rocks.

Thanks so much, and I'm really glad that the sizing was right on for you. We've got a lot more short sleeves coming down the road this Spring.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
Are the pants still expected to arrive tomm?

The Japanese Twill pants (French Blue, Bordeaux) have been pushed back a week but I've got four or five styles arriving today. The infamous Walt & Rudy Italian Tropical wool's will be in there!

Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
I have such high hopes for these chinos...but Epaulet hasn't let me down yet!

Thank you - we're still on schedule to get the chinos in about 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by the_state
dammit... i really needed that tattersall gitman in a large.

any chance you'll get a run w/ that size?

I'm definitely going to reorder that for a late Summer delivery, as it's an awesome year-round fabric. In the meantime, I should have four new Gitman styles arriving around the end of this week, beginning of next. I'll post them up once they come in.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's a quick production update for all of our new stuff

Epaulet Trousers
* Received Italian Tropical Wool (Walt & Rudy), Multi-Gingham (Walt), and Blue Streaky Linen (Walt) today.
* Expecting French Blue (Walt & Rudy), Bordeaux (Walt & Rudy), Blue Chambray (Walt & Rudy), and Bleeding Madras (Walt) next week.

Epaulet Shirts
* SF Collab shirts pushed back a few days while they put the flap pockets onto the double-faced shirts. Should get them either the end of this week or very beginning of next.
* New short-sleeves and long-sleeve pinpoint oxfords (including the wonderful Burgundy oxford) en-route for this week.

EP's

* Expecting contrast-stitch Smiths and the new Hoyt jean within the next 10 days
* Chino's and Chambray shirts are on track for the end of the month or first week of May
* IMPORTANT - if you're interested in a Red Chambray shirt, then definitely PM me a reservation. About half of the incoming 50 pieces are spoken for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads