1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

Contest Photos and debut full fit pics for me.

[​IMG]
    Before (2006) - American Eagle, Nike Shox, Livestrong Wristband
    After - Cream Speckled Chambray, French Blue Rivets, Alden

[​IMG]
    Before (2003) - I promise I'm 16 in that picture
    After - Blue OCBD, Harris Tweed Walts, Carmina Navy Shell Double Monks

[​IMG]
    Before (2007) - Abercrombie (untucked, cuffs turned up), Hollister (ripped beyond belief, yes I bought them like that), Off-white (dirty) New Balance and of course a camera to document this awesome fit – oh, and fake magnetic earrings
    After - Melon Microgingam Shirt, MTM suit, Carmina Sallinger Double Monks

6 people like this.
  2. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

winner winner chicken dinner.

3. velomane

velomane Senior member

My thoughts exactly. Well done, Mike, on both counts!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Yes, Yes and Yes.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just ordered a pair of Faulkner Shortwing Natural Chromexcel. It was either these or the Alden Natural Chromexcel LWBs. Since the Carmina's came with the Dainite sole I thought I would try the Faulkner Shortwings instead.

6. Don L

Don L Senior member

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Liberty shirt today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Alden Taunton Boot in Burnished Tan Calfskin

Hey guys!

Our newest makeup just arrived. We're calling this one the "Taunton," and it's in Burnished Tan Calfskin (a medium brown tone). It's on the Barrie last and has a commando sole. It came out super boss!

[​IMG]
    Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe Boot Burnished Calfskin: $545

1 person likes this.
  9. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

1) W, I love the way you used that shirt with the suit. I would have probably never even considered it (not that I wear suits though, haha). And speaking of the star shirt, I also wore it for the 14th. Was going on a date right from the office, so I had put it on in the morning heading off to work. My colleagues absolutely loved it (we dress quite casually) - and my significant other has already grown fond of it [​IMG].

2) I was going to post about those ebay listings when I saw them a couple of days earlier, but something stopped me from doing that. I hope no one got in trouble. Mike - a class act [​IMG]

3) Stunning, stunning contest pics so far!
    I don't have too many photos that are fit for the task, but here are my 2 modest entries.

I.
    The "before" pic goes back to 2008, taken on my birthday (turning 20 here). I remember drunkenly insisting that this become the new snooker uniform standard.
    (I admit I didn't use to walk around like that all the time, but I couldn't help posting it)

[​IMG]

The "after" one is a couple of months ago. Heart-warming memories.
    (bright buffalo check, 7oz french blue rivets)

[​IMG]

II.
    This one was taken ca. 2007.

[​IMG]

This one - last summer (Paris).
    (red/white/navy madras shirt, grey oxford chinos)

[​IMG]

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

neutrino: Thanks! I don't have to wear suits, I do because I like them :)

Who's the chick in the after picture for the first set? Looks like you're on a TV set.

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

It's my girlfriend :) this is us at my corporate new year party. Cropped from a bigger photo and I don't have a higher-res one.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

13. Epaulet

Thanks guys, we want to stand behind everything that we make. I had this happen a while back when we donated some '09 Epaulet made in new york fused sportcoats that came out a bit irregular and were never actually offered for sale. I know that some people picked those up from the resellers who bought them at the thrift shop. We'll generally give irregular stuff to charity every season. If you guys ever see a big listing on Ebay like this one, then feel free to post up a question here. Individual items should be fine - and probably come from our usual customers, but one seller with a lot of Epaulet stuff probably picked it up from one of the thrift stores that we donate too. And it's possible that the merchandise was a factory second. I don't have any problem with the Ebay seller's business model - a lot of guys make extra money by finding gems at thrift stores and reselling them. My post wasn't meant to knock him in any way. It's cool that he knew our brand and thought to invest in all the goods. And I'm sure that he's not aware that these were mistagged/second quality items. His price isn't bad, so if you're interested in a pair, just check on all the measurements with him and ask him to (1) confirm that all the fly buttons are attached and (2) pull on the buttons hard to ensure that they don't break off. If the measurements work for you and the buttons are on securely, then it would be a great way to get a pair of our jeans at a pretty good price.
    Thanks and hope that you enjoy them!
    Haha, thanks for that. You must be my valentine for today :inlove:

14. Epaulet

SHIRTING FACTORY FINDS

A quick heads-up: we're launching our very first Epaulet shirting Factory Finds tomorrow morning! There's lots of great fabrics at really fantastic prices. If you're burning the midnight oil like I am (actually, more like the 1:40AM oil at this point) then you can see them go online in real time here:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-special-order

They'll be about 30 fabrics in all. Some of them only have 2-3 available units to order, so if you see something between now and 10:30AM EST (when our weekly newsletter drops tomorrow), then you might want to grab it before the mass announcement. We have a big following for our shirts, so I think that the smaller run fabrics will move pretty fast.

And for you XS and XXL guys, this is an especially great opportunity to stock up!

15. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

sweet!! :slayer:

16. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Mike, is there are any chance we could do longer sleeve lengths on any of these, like we do longer inseams on the factory finds?

That would empty my wallet out with the quickness.

Long shot, but can't hurt to ask.

17. Epaulet

Unfortunately not for these, as we have to cut everything in the same pattern in order to get this pricing.

But you can always drop a line to Adele if there's an in-season shirt that you like - we can run those with extended sleeve or body lengths by request.

18. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Mike, best news ever! Adele will be hearing from me shortly.

19. Epaulet

[​IMG]

And you should have a lil' something coming from Italy in the next 10 days or so. I'll be in touch soon!

1 person likes this.
  20. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Damn Mike! You are gonna be the death of me. Greencast denim copped.