Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Did a killer workout in the AM before the Aquarium...feeling it today a bit...thanks.

Tumblr here, rarely use it though, more focused on the writing for the one in my sig...may have a story on Southwick up there in the next month, have to get back to them...

www.brokenlandstyle.tumblr.com

2. espen

espen Well-Known Member

3. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

right on. Looks like these are the regiment twills with Need Supply color designations (charcoal=gunmental, olive=moss) and descriptions.

4. jslade

jslade Senior member

That's awesome. Epaulet definitely has better product shots, though! :)

5. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Lol at Needsuply having much worse styling + $20 markup. I'll still with the Ep site.

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

That's interesting. I wonder who the target audience is for Need Supply with those Epaulet pants. I assume anyone who already knows about Epaulet wouldn't buy them there given the mark up. Those who have never heard of Epaulet might have a hard time dropping $175 for a pair of cotton trousers. Perhaps people who visit their physical store (they do have one right?) and never heard of Epaulet would be the ones to buy them after checking out the pants in person.

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

assuming they don't google it, because if they do, Need Supply will just get used as a showroom for people to figure out their size and then buy from the Epaulet website

seems like an odd move; would love to hear the reasoning behind it

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I assume it's because it reaches a wider audience. You know...sell more product...make more money...yea...

Also, if you happen to live in NY and have to pay the sales tax, then NS would be cheaper if you factor in their 10% discount code on SF.

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Pretty sure that we have some more oxford chinos en-route - definitely more grey ones.

Whoa, looking good!

And BTW - if any of you guys are looking for t-shirts, thenanyu is one of the head honchos at Everlane. You should check their stuff out.

Ah cool, they got that up fast!

Yes, this Fall we're rolling out our very first wholesale collection. It's going to be a capsule assortment of the Walt trouser in our Regiment Twill fabrics and a few select wools. They'll be four models to choose from (regular Walt, Cargo pockets, D-ring waistband, flap pocket ranger pant) and we're offering it to a select lineup of stores in North America, Europe, and Asia. Need Supply is our first account, and we're thrilled to have them. They're a great shop.

We actually received a price increase on Regiment Twill, so the MSRP is $165 from this point forward.

The ultimate goal is to bring what we do to a wider audience, in the places where we can do it. As you guys know, Epaulet is largely a direct business, and most of what we do is private label and exclusively available through us. That's not going to change, and you'll always find specialty pieces on our website.

But we've fielded wholesale requests for our trousers for years, and there's a very real need for them, especially on a local level. A lot of guys just aren't comfortable buying trousers online without trying them on, and with the Walt, you have to visit NYC for that to happen. Regiment Twill has proved to be a very solid and very popular fabric. We negotiated some economies of scale on it, and we're now able to offer it through wholesale channels. It's an exciting next step for us, and something that we're definitely looking to expand. In six months, I'm hoping that we'll have a tidy network of independent shops carrying our Regiment Twill collection, and we'll have a constant stream of cool special editions and collab pieces that we can offer as well.

10. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Very cool, and congrats Mike! Spread the Ep love!

11. applky

applky Senior member

^^ Seems like a great move. Congrats!

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Congrats Mike...

Linen Stars shirt for me today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. StanleyVanBuren

Rob, you've really upped your photography game; shots (and clothes, of course) are looking good!

14. StanleyVanBuren

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Would like to pick up a pair of Rivet Chinos, but I need some help with the sizing.

My best fitting chinos are 32 W Buzz Rickson Original Specs. These are a full rise and wider leg chino, so I know they are a bit different fit than the Rivets. The BR's basically fit me perfectly, with no extra room in the thigh, but a little room in the waist and seat.

Anyway here are the measurements for the BR's (lifted from the shop where I purchased them)

Waist = 32.6
    Length = 33.5
    Front Rise = 12.2
    Back Rise = 15
    Thigh = 11.6
    Hem = 9.0

And, based on my measurements per Epaulets measuring conventions:

Knee = 9.45

What do you recommend?
    [​IMG]