1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I dig the jordans. and yes, nicelynice, wtf. i want his life.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wis...those pics are classic! I wish I could find some pics from high school, I'm sure I was wearing some similar stuff. The oldest I could find were from college, so here goes with my entry into the contest:

BEFORE pic taken circa 2003 (my nickname was Jesus around this time period):

T-shirt from the college bookstore for about $6
    Jeans I'm sure are from Express or another equally horrible mall brand
    Can't see the shoes but they're probably a beat up pair of Nikes
    Look at that old cell phone!!
    *Graffix also safely out of view*

[​IMG]

AFTER pic taken about 10 years after the before pic:

Epaulet Leaf Duck Rivets
    Epaulet Color 8 Brixtons

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

I'm not sure about the colours of the new Elderberry and Juniper linen Walts.

Are they as deep as they are in these pictures:

Elderberry
    [​IMG]

Juniper
    [​IMG]

Or do they look a lot lighter in real life, like the picture below?
    [​IMG]

I prefer the deep colours. Would someone please tell me which pictures are more true to life? Thank you very much!

4. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

is their going to be a true lavender linen trouser or does the elderberry cover that part of the color spectrum this season?

5. Wade

Wade Senior member

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Wow. Bravo to both of you. Hope I can compare a bit. I'll preface my entry by saying I don't have any photos on my own computer stretching back to 2003 (which would be quite the eyesore for everyone - literally hoodies and gymshorts everywhere), but only 2005 where I'd already started at least buying clothes at the mall.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Tread lightly.

8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

^ Excellent Argentino. Although you rocking white Cons may lose it for you, as they are still very much an excellent shoe.

9. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Very nice, man! Is that Stark burgundy or is it a brighter red. I always figured I'd pick one up in navy first, but I love the way that one looks.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:laugh: They fit my Billabong/Hollister aesthetic.

Burgundy, my friend. And thank you -

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Glad to see more participants! I wish I had pics of me in jerseys too. That was pretty big around the early 2000s. The new linen Walts look great. Picked up th berry color.

12. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Hey Epaulet - will you guys be open tomorrow due to the blizzard? Any idea what your plans will be throughout the weekend? I was hoping to stop by one of your locations either Saturday or Sunday but don't want to make the trip in vain.

13. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

is elderberry a blue or a purple?

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Very nice! Thanks and enjoy the shoes!

Thank you sir! Adele actually told me about your visit right after you left - she said that it was great meeting you too. Enjoy all of the new gear!

I freaking LOVE this contest already!

Did you go to Penn State Beatlegeuse?

It's a weird thing with bold colored linens. The combination of the hue and texture make it really difficult to get a consistent color across different light sources. I would say that the full size fit photos are the closest to the true color.

[​IMG]
    Slim Walt Trouser Juniper Italian Linen: $205

[​IMG]
    Slim Walt Trouser Elderberry Italian Linen: $205

Juniper is largely forest green with a touch of teal. The teal shows more in bright sunlight.

Elderberry is a purple-blue tone. It kind of varies with the lighting. Indoors it looks more blue, outdoors it looks more purple.

Both of these are killer! Elderberry is actually moving very fast, so you might want to pick that up sooner than later if it catches your eye. We'll run a few other linens this season which will be natural (off white), grey, orange, and red. But these will be the only green and purple that we have.

We'll definitely restock them. I'm going to run oxfords in a few colors this Spring, but I imagine that this exact model (popover cutaway) will probably just come in blue.

We're playing it by ear at the moment. I'll post an update here in the morning. The plan is:

1. If the city is walkable and mass transit is working then we'll open both shops

2. If mass transit is shut down and/or it's really hairy to walk around, then we'll only open the Brooklyn shop, and possibly with shorter hours than usual.

Either way, Brooklyn will surely be open tomorrow from 12-5 if you want to plan for that. I imagine that we'll have both shops open normal hours on Sunday. The city seems on top of cleaning this thing up.

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike: you guys are planning another run of orange and red linens?! Will they be like last year's? Also, what hue of gray are you guys planning to run? I hope it's a light gray. :slayer:

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yup! The orange and red are similar to last years. The grey is a light grey, also a little similar to the one that we did last year.

We're planning a fat round of factory finds in the next 1-2 weeks. I'm just waiting for the last, long-awaited round to come in before we start another one. But I'll have a lot of bold in-season merchandise to show there. Much of it will be the excellent off-price stuff that we typically offer, but they'll be a few full-price items that are a little too buckwild for us to produce outside of special orders. Things like a lavender lightweight cord and a bright pink lightweight cord. Maybe a lime poplin. We'll be able to offer a full suite of "go to hell" options.

17. 510kut

510kut Senior member

similar orange... like the mandarin or the blaze?

18. jimney

jimney Senior member

Times like this that I wish I had a well-developed enough wardrobe to go crazy with some stuff.

19. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

Just scooped a pair of the elderberrys, very excited as I missed out on linens last summer! :slayer:

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yup, PSU grad, class of 2003. I'll try to see if I can scrounge up some more old pics, but I don't think I have any more of the full-on Jesus long hair and beard unfortunately.