1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Big A

Big A Senior member

I went to the Brooklyn store for the first time and it was great. I had not followed this thread, and didn't know much about the place except they had Carmina shoes. I went in to try them on for size, and (probably) made a pain in the ass of myself by trying on a zillion pairs of shoes and pants. In the end I left with some nice carminas, a couple of pairs of pants, and a shirt. I'd have bought more, but had to deal with some art gallery bullshit over the phone and ran out of time.

Adele is a peach, and if I had a men's store, I think (or I'd hope) that it would look a lot like Epaulet (except I wouldn't put chest pockets on the shirts .... ). Rest of the staff was also quite helpful.

Just an endorsement for people like me who are too lazy to read the previous 1226 pages.

3 people like this.
  2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hmm. I have 4 ducks. In term of stiffness from most to least for me: Caramel, Optic White, and a tie between Plum and French Blue. All are 10 oz.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm not reading anything here that stands out as an ill advised combination. Suitability of Plaids and flannels will clearly depend on the colors in them. Nothing about those two general styles that can't go with caramel. Shoes sound fine too. White should look great. Brown too. Rust I'd think so. Try some things out and post some photos here. People are generally very helpful and polite with advice. So polite that you may have to ask for a critical assessment of a specific fit.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I agree. Khaki chinos are so versatile. I have not found anything that has not gone with it yet.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I have caramel, leaf, and french blue, all 10oz, and the french blue are significantly stiffer than the other two. I bought them all at different times...I wonder if some batches just turned out stiffer than others, depending on when they were made.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think all of mine were from the first batch. Maybe the Caramel was from the second...can't recall, haha.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Pictures for the contest....all of the before pictures were from 2001-2003 during my 11th and 12th grade years in high school. Class of 2003 for reference. I wanted to include more embarrasing pictures, but none of them were full figure photos. Back then, it was all about 3XL tops, and pants/shorts sagging halfway down to your knees with basketball shorts under so you can ball during lunch break with ease, haha. :embar:

Entry 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Entry 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Entry 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  8. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Holy shit.

Beat that!

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

For those of you who browse other threads, nicelynice is probably the best SW&D SF success story I've seen.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This was how the cool kids dressed, haha....there were much more embarrassing pictures too...band aids under the eye (like Nelly), dual headbands, wristbands, du rags with fitted caps, basically look up any rap videos during that era. The pictures were taken with regular cameras since digital cameras were still expensive then..and cell phones, well we had the Nokia with the snake game, haha..no camera. Some of the pictures were lost through out the year :(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  11. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Lemme get those patent leather Js though.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

A KILLER OPENING TO THE CONTEST!

Perfect formatting too. Let's have all the entries like this, where Before-After shots are submitted in pairs. A max of three shots per member.

Now Wisith, while I'd say that all of us prefer your After shots, it seems like your ladies would vote differently. You were the mack in all that hip-hop gear.

1 person likes this.
  13. applky

applky Senior member

Wisith, entry 2 is an instawin. Incredible.

EDIT: Saw a dude on the subway the other day wearing the Harris Tweed Multi Tattersall Daltrey with some raw-ish denim and a burgundy scarf and was really struck by how insanely awesome the SC looked with denim. I'm usually not a SC-with-denim guy, but it gave me serious sportcoat envy.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  14. hypomnema

hypomnema Senior member

[​IMG]

Enjoying my Brixtons in the snow.

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Jesus wis.... I mean, my god. Supreme!

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Steps to 'Winning':

1. Order Double Monks from Epaulet
    2. Refresh page
    3. Notice your size is sold out and you got the last pair.

Smile happily and go to bed.

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

18. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

You graced the borough...awesome!

Wiseth, thats great dude...I have an ex sending me a bunch of old pics, but I don't think I can tiop that!

19. applky

applky Senior member

Some serious new Walts and new Gitman Vintage just went up.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Whether it is 3XL or slimmed Slim Walts, wj4 brings it. I'm going to enjoy this contest. Too bad I'm sure I can't find any old photos of myself... :rotflmao: