Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

+1 Stanton street tailors. Had a few pairs of pants taken in/let out, put darts in shirts, all with great results.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I got the Bailey hat today. It is awesome. I can't wait to wear it during fall/winter.

Crappy attempt at a cool picture:
    [​IMG]

3. sellran

sellran Senior member

I love orchard street tailor. I have a pair of shorts that fit me perfectly. Every summer I buy a bunch of shorts that I like for the fabric. I don't worry about the fit other than making sure the waist isn't too small (too big ain't a problem). I take them in to the store, bring the shorts that fit perfectly and tell them to make them all the same. I think I did five pair of shorts for $20-25 this year.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

I'm back in the States, and had a great trip to Mallorca & Berlin. I'll be posting up a ton of Carmina photos shortly.

I want to personally thank everyone who picked up the special order trousers! The project was a total success, and we'll put them into work immediately. We'll also work on a new batch of 15-20 more fabrics for next month. It's a nice concept that allows us to show some rare fabrics, cut to order, and offer a lower price than usual. We'll definitely run with this every month or so.

Once the trousers come in, I'll be sure to photograph each one so that everyone can see how they made up. There's some killer stuff in there!

Looks great! You're rocking that shirt properly too.

^ +1. The cherry rivets are also nice when you wear them trad with a navy blazer, white shirt, and penny loafers or boat shoes.

They should be here this week - our box left Italy on July 2nd. Can't wait for them!

Very nice - glad that you're enjoying those chinos! That color is so good.

Yowza, that jacket looks great on you! Thanks for posting the pic.

For the Lower East Side, Stanton is by far the best tailor. They're actually the best tailor for the money that I've ever used in NYC. I've had them do very complex work on sportcoats and overcoats, and everything came out very clean. And for a shockingly low price. That said, we don't typically recommend them at this time of the year because the turnaround is very slow. It can be weeks for even a simple job, as they're so backlogged with wedding work. But if you have something complex and you can wait, then you should definitely go there.

We typically send people to Orchard Tailor across the street for trouser work. The price and speed can't be beat. But as Abecedarian said, they can make mistakes from time to time, just like any budget-priced tailor. Overall, I find them very reliable through, and we never hesitate to send things there for trouser work. But as with any tailor, it's best to slow things down, tell them exactly what you want, try on the pants if it's your first time, and talk to the dudes in charge. Either Fabian or Chris are there every day. And you can certainly tell them that we sent you.

Haha, this is an awesome date outfit. French Blue is a proven aphrodisiac!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

5. jhilla

jhilla Senior member

Mike, it's great to know that you are going to be continuing the special order program since I was a boner and missed the last selection.

6. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

disregard post.

7. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Mike, any word on the Carmina suede loafers? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. Epaulet

Haha yes, we'll definitely do additional rounds of fabrics throughout the Fall.

Should be finished up very soon. They're going to be shipped along with all of our other styles in 2-3 weeks. End of July is going to be a good time for our Carmina assortment!

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Mike,

Any chance of the Carmina loafers being ordered in UK 5 or UK 5.5? Would love to try a pair.

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm very disappointed that the chocolate plaid (can't remember the exact fabric name) went as quickly as it did. I was planning on doing a pair of shorts in that. Wanted to rock that Ivy-style. :(

11. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

What's on the horizon for Carmina styles? Any new suede?

12. Epaulet

Ah, I can check but we're going to be too late for this run - it's already being finished up.

Haha, sorry about that, but we'll do another run and have more to choose from next month.

Maybe I can find some leather for leather shorts. And a matching leather pocket tee along with it:

[​IMG]

This looks like an outfit that Bobby Brown would have worn to the Ghostbusters II premier. Right after smoking enough crack to kill a blue whale.

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

14. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

Mr. K, how tall are you? I can't believe how small of shoes you wear. No offense intended, of course!

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Mr and Mrs fits again...never did get up to Orchard Street today, but the Mrs and I enjoyed a nice gelato downtown...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]