• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forza Italia!!!

And to tie it in to Epaulet, patiently waiting for the suede/calf Carmina balmoral boot preorder. All over that. :slayer:

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this has been covered before but:

if Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts are JUST too small on me [like 5-10%?] in Mediums (bummer too since I got a bunch of really good deals from MyHabit), where does that likely put me with Epaulet?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you have the cash, can I suggest that you think about getting the Caine SC & custom ordering matching hopsack pants from EP ($295). I did this recently and just got them back from the tailor. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's a far more versatile option than the navy super 120s suit - especially if you don't wear suits every day.
You've then got yourself a very nice SC, and a beautiful navy suit too when you want it (and the texture, again, makes it a bit more interesting your average navy suit). I've also bought some EP Oxfords as a second pair of trousers to wear with the jacket - and, blowing my own horn a bit, but I think they look great with it. Get yourself some khakis and you've got California Tuxedo sorted as well.
One thing I will also say about the hopsack is that it is very very light and breathable compared to your average Super 120, meaning that you will comfortably be able to wear the suit in summer.
I really think anyone who gets the Caine SC should definitely shell out the extra for the pants as well...

I saw all the requests for pics, but just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. That's a great idea, and while I can't swing the cash outlay just this moment, it's great to know about. Esp. since navy hopsack Walts are something I could definitely wear more than Navy 120s in my life, and thus your point about versatility of both pieces is dead on.

Another thing to hustle for...

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I know this has been covered before but:
if Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts are JUST too small on me [like 5-10%?] in Mediums (bummer too since I got a bunch of really good deals from MyHabit), where does that likely put me with Epaulet?

Go with large. They are more athletically cut than Gitman thought the chest/torso, but the proportions are better overall I think. Gitman tends to have a lot of fabric in the rear of the shirt, and also radically inconsistent sleeve lengths.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Man I love some of these GBV fabrics/patterns; too bad -- just too tight overall.

wakawaka

Reaction score
Cazzo Italia! Buona fortuna Balotelli, Cassano, DiNatale, Abbate, DeSanctis, e Giovinco. Paesani meridionale! Though i can't stand the German or the English teams either.
Spain vs Italy - it's going to be a good final :p.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cazzo Italia! Buona fortuna Balotelli, Cassano, DiNatale, Abbate, DeSanctis, e Giovinco. Paesani meridionale! Though i can't stand the German or the English teams either.

Sorry NYR!! Rooting for the Italians over the hated Germans considering my real team, Greece, was knocked out. Also, my gf who is from Torino would have killed me if I didn't.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry NYR!! Rooting for the Italians over the hated Germans considering my real team, Greece, was knocked out. Also, my gf who is from Torino would have killed me if I didn't.

Its ok, it was two Southerners who gave the Azzurri the victory. As far as your significant other from Torino...I'm not sure that can be forgiven.:stirpot: The last two Italian games I had a hard time rooting against them. I despise the German and English teams, but for Sunday...

Vamos Espana.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got in my western print belt. should i just wear it as is or do you guys recommend obenauf's-ing it or anything? not sure about chromexcel care.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its ok, it was two Southerners who gave the Azzurri the victory. As far as your significant other from Torino...I'm not sure that can be forgiven.:stirpot: The last two Italian games I had a hard time rooting against them. I despise the German and English teams, but for Sunday...
Vamos Espana.

Fair enough...She is a Borgia, so perhaps she is even more of a persona non grata for the Southerners. :hide:

Last edited:

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to thank everyone at epaulet. Picked up the Oxford Cloth Rivets and am thinking of sleeping in these tonight. I'll be selling the Chambray Rudy Trousers that arrived in size 32 - PM me if anyone's interested. (Top fabric first picture, sold out here: Tapered Rudy Trouser Chambray).​

Oxford Cloth Rivets (Blue): ideal summer fabric

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mike... what about oisin?

edit: nvm

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads