Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. koor

koor Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to try a pair of Rudy's (great sale price). I'm 6 ft 160 lbs so pretty thin overall with thin legs. Can any skinny guys comment on how Rudy's fit on them? Do you guys usually stick to the Walts?

2. trig

trig Senior member

i still wish i never missed out on the Penobscot Western Print Chromexcel Penny Loafer :( if only i could grow my feet into those 8.5s on sale.

3. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Here's what you can do, get the rudy, then bring it to a tailor to taper the legs and take in the seat.

I've done the same to my blue wool rudy because the walts sold out. Turned out really well. In fact, I normally have to alter my walts anyway, to either taper the legs or to let out the waist depending on if I sized down or sized normally.

However, doing that MIGHT defeat the purpose of getting rudys on sale, so, add like $20 to the price, if it still make sense, then get them.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Kopped Corduroy Stars. :slayer:

Wore French Blues today...real crummy day here in the borough. Welcome home Mike and Adele...
    Can you tell it was a little chilly on the walk to work? #nipplepron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

everyone in this thread collecting as much Epaulet gear as possible and not wearing it enough....take note of Rob's fit. Wear your shit regularly and it looks better!

6. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Suede on a rainy day? Baller.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Man these are about as anti-baller as it gets. 6 year old JCrew bucks bought in the sale bin at the Menlo Park Mall for like $40. They're great to beat the hell out of, and frankly these tend to look better beat up...$40, or $400.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I got the red cord with stars. I wanted one for a while. I also got a new camera yesterday so here's to hoping for better pics!

9. mothball

mothball Senior member

I love that shirt, but I think they were out of my size pretty quickly. Enjoy!

10. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

My Rudy butterscotch canvas pants arrived today & I'm looking for suggestions on what color shirt to wear with 'em. What colors would go best with those pants? Thanks in advance.

11. mothball

mothball Senior member

I've worn dark blue and wine shirts with those, but they're really pretty versatile. They're a great color.

12. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Is there any difference, even a slight sizing difference in the Liberty shirts vs. Epaulet in house stuff? I am eyeing the Large Mitsi Liberty Shirt in Large. I find I am between a L and XL in Epaulet so even a slight bigger fit would be enough to convince me to pull the trigger before it sells out. Also, any shrinkage info folks can give would be appreciated as well. I know I am grasping here, just trying to justify pulling the trigger. Love the shirt design.

Thanks!

13. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Thanks! Can't wait 'til I get home to checkout my Rudy special orders that arrived today. Maybe I'll pair the linen navy star shirt with 'em.

14. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

well gents, I've made my first purchase today from Epaulet and ordered 7oz French Blue chinos.

15. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Clearly, the next Epaulet expansion should happen in San Francisco. Great foot traffic, similar weather to NY so both stores stock the same inventory, and I could volunteer to manage. /discussion