• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike definitely enjoying the moleskin Walts and looking forward to those chinos for spring. Comment on that Tonio shirt fit, I dunno, waist looks really nipped in. How does it work sitting down? Had that issue with your flannel, beautiful shirt and perfect fit except just a tad to narrow at the waist. OK I'm just fat, say it.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me, the shirt looks quite fitted from the front. From the side, it still looks slimmer than a lot of my other button-down shirts, but there's definitely enough room where I can wear a tee under and not feel any pulling when I reach forward.

tim_pnin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
Mike definitely enjoying the moleskin Walts and looking forward to those chinos for spring. Comment on that Tonio shirt fit, I dunno, waist looks really nipped in. How does it work sitting down? Had that issue with your flannel, beautiful shirt and perfect fit except just a tad to narrow at the waist. OK I'm just fat, say it.

Just stop eating. Shirt will fit you incredibly well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
So I received my gingham twill today and well...I'll let some pictures describe it for you guys...

My synopsis: Speechless. Only one problem, Mike. You didn't ship beezie repellent and they just won't be able to leave me alone now! Mission accomplished, man.[/b]

Thanks for posting all the photos Tonio - it's a steezy piece on you! Really glad that you like it.

Originally Posted by APK
I wore my gingham for the first time to a family gathering last night. As soon as my brother saw me, I could see him formulating some smartass response. It took him a half hour and the best he could come up with was, "What's with your shirt? It's all multi-colored? It looks like the backdrop on That '70s Show or something."

Awe yeah! The more that our clothing can provoke smart-ass responses, the better we're doing.

Originally Posted by JoelF

Hey Joel! Glad that you dig the Walt's - we're getting new ones in the next 10 days.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dougie

Reaction score
Jacket is b'dass in person. If it's still around or gets reupped in the fall I'll probably have to hook it up. In the meantime I'm super excited about the new blackwatch seersucker shirt (wait til you see this thing) and the hyper-limited Gitman tattersall I just grabbed. Thanks as always for the stellar service, Mike.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackwatch seersucker?

New goal: bulk up to an Epaulet medium.

Doctor

Reaction score
Granted this is hardly a look suitable for the SW&D forum, but I thought I'd post it just to show the Tattersal's in action...
3103.jpg
I call them my 'old man pants' - not because they have to be worn in a mature way (as above) though. I'm experimenting with some more casual looks too. Any ideas? Edit: I forgot to mention - they have been tailored slightly. I've taken the hems down and let out the legs from just above the knee (my calves are beefy and the material was grabbing on them).

the_state

Reaction score
Good looks on the McNairy tie, Mike. Hopefully I'll have enough scratch in the next few weeks to upgrade my bucks.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Granted this is hardly a look suitable for the SW&D forum, but I thought I'd post it just to show the Tattersal's in action...

I would grab those if they were available in a 36.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Granted this is hardly a look suitable for the SW&D forum, but I thought I'd post it just to show the Tattersal's in action... [/img] I call them my 'old man pants' - not because they have to be worn in a mature way (as above) though. I'm experimenting with some more casual looks too. Any ideas?
This photo is absolutely epic. Not only does the outfit kick ass, but the setting and cropped detail photos really take it next-level! Thanks for posting it. "Old Man" was exactly what I thought when I saw this fabric. It's one of those great old-school patterns that you see in photos, but are difficult to find today - at least in a modern, updated fit. Casually, I'd pair it with a white Fred Perry Polo (with black tipping), white canvas belt, and a pair of white jack purcells. I'm a big fan of fairly dressed-up trousers with minimal white trainers. EDIT: and holy ****, that's a nice jacket. Who made that?
Originally Posted by the_state
Good looks on the McNairy tie, Mike. Hopefully I'll have enough scratch in the next few weeks to upgrade my bucks.
Thanks for coming by - it was great meeting you yesterday!

Noochie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes actually! Thinking about a 7 inch inseam. We're going to hem one of the production pieces to see how it works.

Sounds awesome. Was thinking of picking up a W+H pair soon, but I will definitely wait off a bit and see how these shorts turn out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads