Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You should get a tripod! This is what I use for my pictures. I always end up taking a lot, and only a few are good..and those get posted!

2. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

[​IMG]

For the shirt contest. Melon cutaway. I hope this mobile Photobucket works! FYI, that pretty lady is Peaches.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I just lost my girlfriend's vote

4. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Thanks for the comments. I had thought the same about the length. Interesting that you think that the linen might stretch. I actually have them slightly long because I was worried that they might shrink up a little after a couple of launderings. But you might be right. Anyhow, we'll see how they do. And for the guy who asked, these are Rudys.

From the discussion it sounds as if the preference of this thread is for hemming trousers relatively high (little or no break). That has never been comfortable for me, but perhaps I can learn.

5. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Beautiful color on pants.
    Your feet are humongous-lookin. No offense! :)

6. mothball

mothball Senior member

Ha! Thanks; I think it's just the angle:)

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

another not-for-the-contest shot (shirt is mtm); here are the french blue chinos again:

[​IMG]

8. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

I went into the Orchard Street store today to pick up my size 9.5 natural cxl long wings, but found them too big. Does anyone have a size 9 they'd be willing to part with? If so, PM me.

9. Binary Revolver

Binary Revolver Active Member

My rivet chinos haven't arrived yet, so I decided to make a quick contest photo anyway and just forgo pants altogether :)
    Wearing the always comfortable light blue point collar oxford, washed and wrinkled. (Click for full image)

[​IMG]

I wanted to make something simple, that captured the quality, comfort and style of Epaulet. It's clothing you always want to wear, even just to sit at home and watch TV. You can wear it anywhere, anytime, and look good.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

10. plato

plato Senior member

Man, I'm liking those french blues more and more. When I think they're too bright for me, you go and wear them with a bold colored shirt. Looking sharp.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Did anybody else notice the oxford cloth Rivets fitting slimmer that any other chino? I just got the grey oxfords, and they felt extra tight on my thigh - I measured the thigh on my Caramels and Leafs, and noticed that these grey oxfords are about a quarter of an inch slimmer through the thigh when laid flat compared to my other pairs. That missing half inch all the way around really makes these too tight to wear for me, so I'll probably have to return them. For those that still need a pair, keep an eye out for these size 34s popping back up on the site in a few days.

On the other hand, my first Epaulet shirt is even better than expected - collar is slightly big as I imagined it would be, but I'll be wearing it casually so that doesn't really matter, and the fit is spot on in every other area. I'll get up a pic for the shirt contest in the next few days.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

12. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

^ Yes! I have the grey oxford chinos, and they're noticeably tighter in the thigh and seat. I had to have them taken out a bit. Had never done that before.

13. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

^ +2, had to return my normal rivet size

14. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Hmm...I've never noticed the grey oxford rivets being slimmer than the other rivets (wearing them today, actually). But then again in my regular size 33, they all have plenty of room in the legs, so it would have to be significantly slimmer (by maybe 2~3 inches in circumference) for me to notice.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ wow, if my pants were 2-3 inches tighter in the thigh, I don't think I would even be able to get them on past my knees!

good to know some others had similar experiences tho...maybe I will keep them and get the thigh and seat taken out a bit.