• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First Shirt Contest Entry, from today...

IMG_1851.jpg

If I put explosions in this, I'd get a knock on my door from Homeland Security, and risk ending up in some Eastern European Gulag...

asdf

Reaction score
Shortly, my Hoyts will be shortened to shorts. In the meantime, I figured it prudent to order my first couple pairs of Rivets. :fistbump:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

I'm gonna take my oxford rivets to the tailor tomorrow, been rolling them up since I bought them. I was thinking about cuffing them, but I'm not sure it would look good on me considering I'm 5'8. Do you guys suggest cuff or no cuff, also how much cuff?

I generally prefer to hem the rivet chinos with no cuffs, but I think I'm going to roll my grey oxford rivet for a while. Because they are so incredibly light weight, I feel that the rolling help them drape better. Maybe I'll change my mind later, but so far I like them with the rolled up look.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Just hoping that I get lucky in the drawing.

Are you kidding?

#1 you've got a cute kid, who is tugging on the shirt no less
#2 color of the shirt is awesome and shows really well in this shot, as does the texture
#3 MINI VOLCANO (and it's not even photoshopped!)

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
also, for the record

since I won the last one, I'm going to vote for someone else in the poll, and, like KG, will voluntarily abstain from the random drawing

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome start to the contest already, and we're less than 2 hours in! The trouser contest was a lot of fun, wish I could enter this one too but I still don't own any Epaulet shirts :embar:

also - for those who have been waiting for the Caramel rivets, looks like a restock is up...get 'em while the gettin's good

EDIT: looks like it's actually a 7oz version of the Caramel, not a restock of the 10oz Duck cloth, still an awesome color nonetheless

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Just hoping that I get lucky in the drawing.

Are you kidding?

#1 you've got a cute kid, who is tugging on the shirt no less
#2 color of the shirt is awesome and shows really well in this shot, as does the texture
#3 MINI VOLCANO (and it's not even photoshopped!)

Haha, thanks! I wish I dressed my son up a little more for the pic, but Eapulet doesn't have a children's department yet....seriously though, I'm very glad that I ended up getting that shirt. It took me a while to pull the trigger on it but it might be my favorite Epaulet shirt so far.

awesome start to the contest already, and we're less than 2 hours in! The trouser contest was a lot of fun, wish I could enter this one too but I still don't own any Epaulet shirts :embar:

also - for those who have been waiting for the Caramel rivets, looks like a restock is up...get 'em while the gettin's good

EDIT: looks like it's actually a 7oz version of the Caramel, not a restock of the 10oz Duck cloth, still an awesome color nonetheless

Dude, you've got plenty of time to get an Epaulet shirt for the contest!

And thanks for the heads up on the caramel rivets. I insta-copped. 7oz version might actually be preferable since summer is finally arriving.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a miata is probably the pussiest get away car in the history of doing bad things

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads