• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sellran

Reaction score
The petrol blue pants are my favorite ever. I've worn them so hard I may need a new pair soon. So I have to get the petro blue shorts. When will you have them, and will they be the same material as the pants?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents,

The pants are off the rack. The only thing I did was had them hemmed to around 29-30" inseam. Yep, the shoes are Tricker's Lollipop Red Woodstock. :slayer: Thanks for the comments!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little taste:
f56ea6b4.jpg

rustledjimmies

Reaction score
would wearing indy 403 with rivet oxford chinos be a No- No?

and i am thinking like a dark color shirt..

btw i am in Hawaii....its socially acceptable to look like you rolled right out of bed and into the streets

PDinh

Reaction score
Going to New York next week (first time ever :embar: ) EP is gonna be one of the first places I visit. :slayer:

Side note, how has the weather been for the dudes that live live up there

Last edited:

Reaction score
Don't live here, but I'm in NYC right now. It's been pretty warm (hot) and humid, rained a few days ago but its perfect today... I'd expect a bit more of the same next week

Abecedarian

Reaction score
I think the oxford cloth chinos cry out for Jack Purcells, suede or other summery footwear. Indy boots are heavy and, to my mind, pair better with a more substantial cloth. Btw, you should never let other people's sloppiness or lack of style cause you to dress like a schlep. Hawaii or no, you should aim high.

thebunk

Reaction score

Going to New York next week (first time ever :embar: ) EP is gonna be one of the first places I visit. :slayer:
Side note, how has the weather been for the dudes that live live up there

Just returned yesterday from a 4 night holiday and all I can say is:

- pack light clothing. You will not even need a sweater or arguably a pair of jeans, especially if you are going to be making some purchases like Oxford Chinos or 7 Oz Chinos which would be very ideal for the hot muggy weather.
- leave lots of room in your bags for Epaulet purchases and remember, you can plan to wear some items while you are there (see above)
- you may want to pack a small umbrella or a LIGHT WEIGHT rain jacket.

Also, a good tip, pre-order some items that you have some interest in and let Mike or Matt know what store you are heading to. As you are probably aware, some items sell out very fast so if you see somehting you like, do not hesitate to purchase it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads