Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

What color shoes are you dudes wearing with your gray oxford chinos? I'm finding something that looks good with them.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I know Mike said a while back to expect chino restocks of the standard colors every 3-4 weeks for the time being, but are the 10oz Desert and French Blue Ducks part of this core collection? Those are the 2 I've been waiting on and I want to make sure I don't miss out on the next restock of those, thanks!

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

+1. This is why I got them!

Where did you dudes get those white brogues? I'm jealous.

4. applky

applky Senior member

^ Alden and McNairy have been known to make them.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks so much for coming - it was great seeing you and meeting your wife! I'm glad that you guys had such a good time in NYC.

I freaking love this look. This is brilliant fit for the digicams, with a nice dose of attitude.

Thank you sir, and enjoy the trousers!

We're still backordered on the French Blue 10oz Duck cloth, but we just received a full restock of the French Blue 7oz Canvas. They're perfect Summer chinos.

Sure, quite a few guys do this. There's about an inch and a half that can be let out.

The Alden Medallion captoes are going to look and fit chunkier than the AE Park Avenue. I'm thinking that you'd probably want to size down to the 8.5D, and as long as the last isn't Barrie or Tru-Balance, you should expect a better fit than an 8.5D Barrie.

Thanks for picking up the chinos! Well, there's a few things to consider here:

1. The length is really up to your preference. I have plenty of customers who hem their chinos to that length or higher. It depends what you're comfortable with. I certainly wouldn't find this length strange or wrong, although it is on the shorter side. It's a cool length for boots.

2. Since they're still new, the duck canvas is pretty stiff, which is causing the cuffs to flare a bit. With some more wash and wear the fabric will soften and the width on those cuffs will look less pronounced.

3. If you hemmed them already and you're not comfortable with the shorter length, then getting them tapered a bit more might make them work better for you. Before you do that though, wear them around a bit. Wash them once or twice more. I'd suggest that you give the fabric a chance to break in a bit more and see how you like the fit after that.

Looking good! I dig those white brogues too.

Very nice! They're a great fit for you - thanks for picking them up.

At the moment, I don't have any additional 10oz scheduled to come in over the Summer, but we'll have plenty of it coming in around mid-August. That's when we'll start bringing out the Fall chino collection, which will also include a few absolutely gonzo Italian wool flannels.

Haha, I've still got some tricks up my sleeves! We'll bring in some new shorts (Olive Canvas & Petrol Blue), a Double-Breasted Navy 120's Weller jacket and a Navy 120's Waistcoat, a few shirts here and there, our first delivery of Comme Des Garcons Play, and a freaking TON of Carmina new styles and restocks around mid-July. They'll certainly be some other stuff that I left out as well. But we're always on the grind here!

6. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

Guys, many thanks, ordered both navy and clay and also my first Epaulet shirt - blue seersucker thank you to NYR's pic few pages ago... In terms of teaching me how to dress and improving my casual wardrobe Epaulet and you guys have probably done in only 3 or 4 months much more than i've managed on my own for 30+ years :)

Now i think it is time to try bolder colors... and there is huge restock including so long waited french blue :slayer:

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

Well said.

Thank you, sir.

Thanks, guys. As Ctrl+Open Apple+Reset guessed, they're McNairys. Incidentally, Mike, I picked them up from Epaulet a couple years back. They and the CXL handsewns are my favorite go-to summer kicks.

- K

8. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my caramel duck chinos - i believe those were from the first restock, before new new fit was introduced. Size 30 - I was not able to fasten the buttons when they arrived, and took to let out all allowance on waist and seat. From what I see on the 3rd pic something should be taken in now...

Do you think I should be sizing up for 31 in the new new fit or no ?

I noticed one minor thing that bugs me - it seems that new back seam is starting to tear the cloth. I guess it might be something wrong with the seam itself . Any ideas ?

[​IMG]

9. applky

applky Senior member

^ They look great, man. Wear them in good health. Also, nice house.

Now I wish I could change my name to that.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I think that fit in the pic is good for you.

As for the seam, it may be a characteristic of the heavy duck cloth, with a more open weave the seams may not be as fine as they would on something finer, and the duck is one of the most open weaves I've come across.

11. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

[​IMG]

An all Epaulet day.

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

^ Looks good. Caption should read, "Don't shoot!"

13. applky

applky Senior member

Very nice. Are the shoes the brown calf Carmina shortwings?

14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

[​IMG]

Epaulet madras x Rogue Territory x Alden Natural LWB

I look a little dorky but I didn't have it in me to ask for a reshoot from my willing barista/iPhone photog.

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Achtung!

(yet another shoe-gaze)

[​IMG]

...and for the shirt pairing...

[​IMG]

Epaulet "Blaze" Regiment Twill Slim Walts