Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Bedford Moss Chinos today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Caramel Ducks yesterday. Was too busy for a full shot :(
    [​IMG]

Forgot one:

Close up of the wales.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. applky

applky Senior member

My chest measures exactly 38", honest to goodness. My ideal shirt P2P is 19.5". 19" is too snug. 20" is fine.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Nice WJ...thanks App.

Something more recent...today, Plum Ducks, Floral Chambray:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Karaoke Fit Pics and Tapered Chinos
    Hey guys,

Allow me to introduce David - he's one of our newer team members. Some of you in NYC may have met him already. Here's some fit pics of us at a recent karaoke party. It appears that we're singing a very spirited "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around."

David's wearing our Red/White/Blue Madras, I'm wearing the Navy Sunspel Polo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, I wanted to share these photos. I often get questions about tapering the Rivet Chinos. They're pretty slim to begin with, but some guys want them really pegged with a very tight leg opening. David's got very slim legs and he tapered the hell out of his chinos. It's an easy thing to do, and only ran $8 at his tailor. The chinos in question are the Plum Duck Canvas models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and let's have a closeup of those sweet, sweet Carmina Fitzgerald shortwings...

[​IMG]

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

3000th post is a great one. I approve the ue of the phrase "tapered the hell out of his chinos". Looks cool.

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Those legs are Photoshopped. THEY HAVE TO BEEEEEEE...:eh:

7. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Whaa, Vienna is only 500 km from me (in straight line - by road it's more like 650 km :).
    Remember, Poland is worth going to as well: you could pay a visit to beautiful Kraków, and then travel to our capital, Warsaw. If you did that, you would likely drive through my town and just by my windows. I could invite you for a cup of coffee and I'd show you my new boots - bet you'd like them :).

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

these pants look awesome...patiently awaiting for the restock so I can get my size in the fall.

Mike - I know it's a long time from now, but are you planning on running any other colors in this style for the fall? I think a gunmetal-ish color would be perfect for these cords.

9. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

That caramel duck has an excellent hue in indoor lighting... might have to kop soon! Can't decide if I should first get more walt wool trousers for work, or start collecting rivet chinos for play [​IMG]

10. dra

dra Senior member

Couple of things...

I was traveling last week and logged onto SF today - almost 300 unread posts in this thread. No way I'm gonna catch-up on that, but just goes to show how insanely popular Epaulet is these days.

Had a job interview last week, went all steezed out in Epaulet and busted a sick offer. I'd like to take credit, but have a feeling my threads had something to do with it.

Finally - I made the switch to a walt-only lifestyle a few weeks back. It was expensive but worth it. The extra rise really does the trick for my body type, and I'm finding I can wear these things the same way as I used to wear my rivet chinos. I still think the rivets are a bargain in terms of construction and fit - but if you are like me and needed a little extra room in a few places - you can easily make the transition. Just need some of the more casual rivet chinos to make their way into walt releases and I'll be a happy camper...

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm saving my shirt pairing with the leaf duck chinos for the shirt contest, but I will say that you *might* find an example on my blog. [​IMG]

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

David needs some KFC. What size is the shirt? Tapered chino's is too tapered IMO..

13. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

That is maybe a bit ore than I would go for a taper, but it looks fine on him. I will have to post pics when mine are done. I am tapering them to a 7.5" opening, it seems to work best for me.

14. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

Getting my service pants hemmed to a 30.5" inseam and tapered to a 7" leg opening. Will post pics here too, when they're done.

15. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

damn.. was hoping that the snuff ptb will be restocked soon..
    Can the carmina sinclair shortwing boots "stack over" a 7 inch hem?