1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Pictures today from my middle school's "Blower Room". How I've not heard of this place until today is beyond me, but its pretty cool...all original equipment from 1927 when the main building was built...still blowing strong!
    Airforce Blue Flannel today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

"Mommy, NYR took me into the secret blower room at school. And.. and... he made me take fit pics of him for the internet." :lol:

I might've gone with smaller cuffs, but looks good.

1 person likes this.
  3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Oh man, that shirt is killer. Has an incredibly soft, yet still substantial hand to it! And it's a brilliant mix of colors.

Thanks for pointing it out. Dylan and Mike do all the fixing of links, I'll pass it along.

Thanks for picking them up! You're going to love the Baby Camel Hair. One of my favorite jackets that we've done. Looks like you should be hanging out on the Yale campus in the 60s-kind of vibe. Post up some pics!

[​IMG] I love em.

No problem. Things have been pretty hectic with the new site, so we've been especially careful not to slip up. Hope you dig everything mang.

Rob, you've gotta stop making me covet the fabric of your jackets. You've been looking so gnarly lately! Well, that's the usual, but stepped it up even higher.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's no fun to post up pictures after Rob now that the weather on NY hast cooled down :(

Liberty shirt today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

So I received my Olive Moleskins today, and they weren't what I was expecting- rather than the brown-ish tone they appeared on the website, they are a deep green tone. Totally wonderful to look at and touch (and although not moleskin specific comment, by god does my junk look amazing in a pair of Walts), but completely mystifying me with what I should wear with them. Suggestions around colours/textures for up top?

6. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Received my Marcello gun check today. Every bit as old man steez as I thought it might be.

Almost grabbed the Nailhead blue cotton/silk, and am pissed I missed it. If anyone out there snagged one in a 36/46 or 38/48 and is having second thoughts, hit me up!

(Also goes for the baby camel hair in 36)

7. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Anybody want to trade a 42 Marcello gun check for my 40? I really don't want to get rid of this thing.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah the baby camel hair is amazing. Weller doesn't fit me as well as I'd like though, shoulders a bit too wide causing some divots but tight in bicep area. Normally I'd sell if I had these issues but the fabric is just so damn nice :confused:

Got a bunch of other stuff as well today, really liking the muted glen plaid as well

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. Don L

Don L Senior member

Got my Chromexcel Natural Brixton Boots this week. One word
    Awesome

[​IMG]

10. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Allow me to again sing the praises of the baby camel hair. It might be the best piece of clothing I own.

11. oisin

oisin Senior member

hah i totally agree. dressing for the cold is way more fun.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Love this thread, like a family in a family here, sans the stupid drunken political arguments that always end up happening at my Thanksgiving table!

Happy Thanksgiving Gang!

2 people like this.
  13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha, it's our ultimate goal to make everyone's junk look amazing in our pants. Glad that we could come through.

Regarding the color, it's really easily matched to navy, grey, tan, and camel. It's a very versatile tone actually. Most guys would stay away from Black and Red/Burgundy tones, but it will go nicely with a lot of outerwear and sportcoats out there. I love it with navy.

Awesome, glad that you dig the Marcello! Old Man Steez is entirely right on that piece.

These look great - thanks for picking them up!

Fantastic - glad that you're so pleased with it. Thanks again!

Very apt. Happy thanksgiving to you and the fam too!

14. oisin

oisin Senior member

oh man, pwnd by the new site! No ice dot shirt (someone got to it before me I guess) and the madras shorts i thought i ordered are totally different than the ones i received. le sigh. I wanted that shirt.

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Did the Carminas landed today, Mike? :embar:

16. Epaulet

Thorogood for Epaulet No. 542 Horsehide Oxford

Just in time for Old Man Winter's annual beatdown, may I present our Thorogood collaborative piece for 2012!

The No. 542 Work Oxford is a seriously rugged shoe that's a bit of a throwback to an original 1950's Thorogood shape. We ordered in the the same dark brown Horween Horsehide as our other collab pieces. It has a Goodyear welted Vibram "Cristy" wedge sole and a gel/poron insole. Two sets of laces are include: the cobalt blue Benjos flat-waxed laces that are pictured, and a pair of brown cotton athletic laces. As always, these are union made in the United States.

This is our fourth style with Thorogood to date. We've gotten excellent feedback from hundreds of customers on the fit, quality, and longevity of these products. If you need a tough-ass shoe for both fair and foul weather, these can take anything that you throw at it, and they'll age beautifully.

Please note the fitting guides in our item description. We recommend sizing down ONE FULL size from your normal dress shoe size.
    If you usually wear a 10 in dress shoes, then get these in a 9.
    If you take a 10 in a Clarks Desert Boot or a Converse Chuck Taylor, then get these in a 9
    If you take a 10 in the Barrie/Tru Balance last, get these in a 9.5.
    If you take a 10UK in Carmina, then get these in a 10.

If you have any questions or need additional guidance, then please send it our way. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Thorogood for Epaulet Horsehide No. 542 Work Oxford: $215

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. amathew

amathew Senior member

^^^ [​IMG]

Mike,

Any chance you're going to start sending a 'shipping confirmation' email for ALL orders anytime soon? It's not a big issue, but would be nice to receive a tracking number.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  18. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

19. Epaulet

No, but we're close. All orders through epauletnewyork.com will have the automatic tracking confo. If you place an order and you don't get tracking, check your spam folder. An email is definitely generated every time.

epauletshop.com will still only send confirmations for orders paid with paypal. But you can always PM Matt at leftofthedial for tracking and he'll send it to you.

epauletnewyork.com will become the main site between Christmas and New Year's, so we're not far away from universal order tracking emailing!

20. oisin

oisin Senior member

liberty paisley is pretty awesome tho (sleeves short but as expected for me). with hawthorne loafers.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.