• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sask boot

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the three messages in row before but I am new to the forum and it kept telling me they were not going through. Are there any plans for more Carmina shell boots in the future? I am not in a hurry as summer is here but want to be ready for fall/winter.

Abecedarian

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the grey oxford rivet in a size 31, let me know. I have a pair, unworn, but hemmed. They're a bit tight and I'm not sure if I should take them out or turn them over for a 32.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have to ask, what sort of fabrics are you thinking about for fall in the Marcello jackets?
Also, I'd like to suggest that a blackwatch jacket would be completely awesome...

The Marcello jackets are going to come in at least two colors of Lambswool Donegal tweed. A navy and an olive. With matching Walt trousers for both :slayer:

On top of that, we'll have a freaking gonzo amount of Southwick coats in all sorts of flannels and tweeds. We had an incredibly productive meeting here today, and you guys can expect a lot of great new things from the Southwick for Michael Kuhle collection. We're putting all sorts of good stuff into work over the next few months.

Didn't blackwatch jackets and outerwear peak like a year ago?

etc

Sorry to be all trendster or whatever.

Haha, I'm probably not crazy enough to do a Blackwatch outerwear piece. I like them personally, but they're hard to sell. And honestly hard to wear. When you have a plaid overcoat and a solid one, you'll reach for the solid one 9 times out of 10.

That said - at the risk of giving too much away, I'm totally going to run a Blackwatch suit for the Fall. Weller jacket on top, Walt/Rudy on the bottom. I found the most freaking perfect blackwatch cloth ever. It's a little muted in tone and the hand on it is insane. This makes for great separates. It's easy to wear the trousers, and the jacket could be worn with grey pants, navy pants, tan pants, and of course, the matching plaid trousers.

Imagine a two-piece Super 120's blackwatch suit with the Chestnut shell Carmina balmoral boots that we're planning....

I've been debating this as well....all the recent real-life shots I've seen of these LWBs have been fantastic
shoe trees are still recommended even if you have a big rotation...actually they're recommended especially if you have a large shoe rotation. So while you're not wearing the shoes, you can keep them stored with trees so they will keep their shape for a long time.

Good advice. Shoe trees will always help a pair of shoes or boots that you want to get the maximum life and wear out of.

In the case of the Crazy Horse boots, it's up to you. That's a thick leather, with a thick liner. Shoe trees won't necessarily give you more life, but they will lessen the toe creasing. Some guys into rugged boots don't care about that, or even want some hardcore creases. I wouldn't say that it's necessary for the Crazy Horse thorogoods though.

Epaulet shipment arrived today. As is often the case, the goods exceed expectations.
I'm not sure if the photo makes this clear, but the emerald twill is a better colour than it might seem from the website. Get it.

Yowza, that looks great! I'm really glad that you're pleased with everything! Thanks again.

Hi Mike,
Sorry for the three messages in row before but I am new to the forum and it kept telling me they were not going through.  Are there any plans for more Carmina shell boots in the future?  I am not in a hurry as summer is here but want to be ready for fall/winter.

Oh hell yes. Don't worry about it, we'll surely run a bunch of Carmina shell boots for the Fall/Winter. Our first delivery is going to arrive around 9/15

Sure, I know you have them, you're on photos on google when one types in "thorogood x epaulet". That's why I sent you a PM about a month ago, asking for help with sizing. You could have answered it though... probably wouldn't take much effort and would be of some use to me.

Boots fit well, so no hard feelings, but I'd feel better if you took different approach to newbies.

I'm glad that the boots fit well, but I have to make one thing clear on this thread.

Absolutely no one here - except for Matt (leftofthedial) and me - should be expected to answer questions about our products. A lot of members will if they have the time. But guys have jobs, guys have families, guys take trips out of town, etc. Stanley is one of our most active members and he's very helpful on the thread. But time is short on occasion or PM's get lost in the mix. Ultimately, the buck stops with me, and I'm the only person who should be expected to respond to questions, and I'm the only person who should be criticized if questions go unanswered. Well, you can criticize Matt too. :)

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marcello Navy Lambswool Donegal Tweed in 44...Done and done. Put it in the book. :D

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike I'll send in my deposit right now for a custom short length black watch for sure. One of my favorite blazers was a Japanese uniqlo black watch that was perfect until some drunk beezy in london puked all over it. Wasn't thinking that night and machine washed it and it ended up shrinking to BoO kid size :(

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blackwatch Suit FTW. I have a pair of blackwatch wool/sil trousers I had made for a summer wedding (white db linen blazer) that I LOVE...its the perfect plaid.

rustledjimmies

Reaction score
i noticed u have marked down the thorogood X epaulet shoes..in 8.5D...do you only have one left?

thebunk

Reaction score
Agreed. One of the great things about this thread is that it does not have the typical SF snark running throughout it. Lets keep it that way people.

wakawaka

Reaction score
i noticed u have marked down the thorogood X epaulet shoes..in 8.5D...do you only have one left?

I think they don't have it anymore in stock, that's the size Mike sold me and possibly just didn't remove it from site, but I could be wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads