1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Picked up my blackwatch trousers from the tailor today. Picture is not so good because I took it inside the dressing room.
    [​IMG]

2. jah786

jah786 Senior member

Somehow I missed the whole new site launch sale thing until I got the official email in my inbox yesterday (I blame work, wife, and child). By then the camel hair blazer with the loro piano fabric in size 42 was long gone. !@#$%

If someone out there bought one and is not wild about it, I'll gladly take it off your hands. I'll even pay above the sale price to cover shipping costs. PM me if you are interested in selling, size 42 regular. I'm not expecting to hear anything, but I have to at least try.

[​IMG]

3. nextstep

nextstep Member

Thanks for the honest advice. I should have also said that I own a pair of Timberland boots in US 8.5 and they are way too long and wide for my feet. My size in these should be at least US 8.

My Onitsukas could also be sized 0.5 down, although I think US 8.5 is the way to go in their case.

Since the Carmina's are listed as UK 7 = US 8, don't you think that size 7 might be the correct one???

Thanks

4. amathew

amathew Senior member

Can anyone comment on the solid lambswool scarves by Johnstons? How is the material?

Trying to choose between either Latte or Claret. Tough choice. I'd get the "Ontario" one, but generally stick with solid scarves.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  5. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I just got the claret because it can go with any coat -- black, tan trenchcoat, brown leather, you name it. They wool is soft but, hey, it is wool not cashmere. The price was unbeatable.

6. jimney

jimney Senior member

Hi Mike - just wanted to make sure you didn't miss this. I'm interested in the Brixton boot, and just want to get an idea of any variations coming up.

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

nice meeting you today mike. wore the boots all day long and they're great.

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Congrats, what did you score?

Also, as someone who has never stepped into an "IRL" Epaulet shop, I wonder if there are any pics from inside the shops. Only seen a corner where the contest winner drawings have been done [​IMG]

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Got the claret as well, its a nice hefty wool...ideal for tweed.

10. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

Hey Matt or Mike,

Any idea if there will be a restock on the snuff suede double monks? Looking to snag a pair of those in 8.5 (UK), unfortunately I am heading BACK to the UK on January 14th and would like to get them before then...

Thanks

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Mike/Matt - I am interested in getting one of the new Tweed sport coats but have a question.

The Pit to Pit measurements on the site for the jackets are the same as the other Jackets (ie a 42 is 21.5). I am wondering if these actually measure a bit wider to compensate for the thicker wool material then say a normal Weller. I ask this because I noticed my Tweed special order Chartreuse trousers seemed a bit slimmer in the waist in thighs then my normal Walts.

Thanks in advance. I just want to make sure I can fit in the thing before I pull the trigger is all.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Camo shirt and Caramel Ducks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. oisin

oisin Senior member

grape flannel walts and caine blazer in the lovely spring st. courthouse.

[​IMG]

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Very nice! Loving the no break! Perhaps you will see SVB at the courthouse as well, haha.

15. APK

APK Senior member

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

M'eh, he's sticking to the "ignored" neighborhoods...Bensonhurst, Bay Ridge, and now Flatbush. Plus the killing were all later at night, Mike isn't generally open past 8. Police are saying that the guy is hitting shops with an "8" in their address...at 231 I think the guys are good. Plus Mike's been working out...:)

17. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Quoting for truth. This is the Paul Pierce of fabrics. If you have even a passing interest and this is available in your size, jump on it with all quickness.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Definitely Claret - it's a really easy color to match with nearly anything.

Oh, sorry that I missed it. We actually received all of our Brixton's for the season (Cigar Shell, Color #8 Shell, Natural CXL).

I didn't do Brixton's in Brown CXL, but we ran a wingtip boot with Carmina in that leather:
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1706/Steinbeck-Shortwing-Boot-Brown/Detail

I'm busted up in sizes at the moment, but we should get a restock in the next 7-10 days.

Great meeting you too, and thanks so much!

Ah, probably won't get it in time for that. For a pair before then, we've got your size in Burgundy Shell, Saddle Shell, and Caramel Calfskin.

Oh yes, you don't need to worry about it. The Tweed jackets have the same measurements, but the fit is effectively a little bit larger due to the thicker fabric. Much like Moleskin pants. You don't have to worry about it being too small.

In terms of the trousers, that size variance isn't necessarily due to the fabric, it's that all of the factory finds are hand-cut, one at a time. There might be an extra .3" here or there. Nature of the beast. Southwick pieces are cut on a computer table, so their fits are always very consistent.

Looking good!

Hell yeah. Navy blazer and purple-ish pants are one of my favourite combos.

19. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

New shirts being posted soon?
    Thanks

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, got some "Sunday Style" fit pics to show:

[​IMG]
    Dylan's wearing....
    Daltrey Sportcoat in Camel Tattersall
    Epaulet Ducks Pocket Square
    Epaulet Blue OCBD
    Caramel Calfskin Dress Belt
    Walt Purple Shetlands
    Carmina Alt Wien's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Matt's wearing...
    Daltrey Sportcoat in Wool/Cashmere Oatmeal Tattersall
    Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover
    Alden Sand Chukka's
    A seriously dope vintage Mondaine Dive Watch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm wearing...
    A one-off Grey Windowpane Daltrey
    New Epaulet Navy Label Shirt in Thomas Mason Navy/Cran Tattersall (coming soon!)
    Rudy Navy Flannel Trousers
    Carmina Saddle Shell Cordovan Double Monks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.