Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Cool, kinda wishing I jumped on these.

2. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Here's my submission to Epaulet thread.

Last week I received my Thorogood x Epaulet 685 "Crazy horse" boots. About three weeks ago and some thirty pages back I wrote a post asking Mike whether he would be willing to mark down the value of shoes inside the package, so that Polish customs office wouldn't be able to rip me off. Fees they charge in Poland upon items from overseas are ridiculous, particularly when you take into account that average Polish salary is several times lower than that of most countries of European Union. High customs fees would virtually render the purchase impossible for me. Unfortunately, Mike wasn't able to fulfill my request, but decided to deal with the problem in a different way. Here's the whole thing:

Last edited: May 22, 2012

3. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Hey guys. I'm looking to move my speckled grey chambray shirt. It's a size large, but has been worn and washed twice, so there's been a little shrinkage in the neck and sleeve length. The shirt's beautiful, just doesn't work as well with my wardrobe as I thought it would. I'd let it go for $85; would also consider a trade. Cheers!

4. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Can anyone help me out on this for a size 28 walt? I need:
    -Leg width at 29'' inseam
    -Width at 12'' down from crotch/thigh
    Just fairly accurate measures would be helpful.

5. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Mike,

What is the current lead time on a special order from Southwick?

Thanks!

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Yup, got mine yesterday and dropped them off with the tailor this morning. I'll have them back Saturday morning...in less than 92 hours. (But who's counting?)

Pics to follow.

For those who haven't checked out this YouTube yet, give it a view. With the background music, I thought it was going to be melodramatic at first, but then I learned he put more than 2/3 of his monthly monthly salary toward these boots. Sounds like, once again, Mike went out of his way to make something happen for one of the fellow forumites.

7. wakawaka

Haha, you crack me up dude :).
    Mike is a kuhle, erm, cool guy :). Top bloke, seriously.
    Alas, I had to pay the customs, but with lower value on Paypal invoice, they were acceptable.

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Ok, now that I've seen someone spend 2/3 of their salary on boots, I have no more excuses not to go spend 1/3 of my salary on my first shell [​IMG]

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ thread lightly, as that might turn into 3/3 on further shells

10. wakawaka

Oh definitely, you shouldn't have any :).
    Well, I experienced no sudden cases of buyer's regret, because in my case these purchase is justifiable: I am a quite a walker, I guess I do around 2000 km a year walking. I've been tired of wearing sneakers or boots that though comfortable, totally wear out after half a year. So I squeezed my wallet and bought these not to show off (that's a collateral, but welcome factor :), but rather to be with me through thick and thin.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Ain't that the truth!

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

I walk easily way more than that the way to have stuff not wear out is to have a solid rotation of shoes

13. wakawaka

You sure? That was a rough and cautious estimate - perhaps I do more than that. I just walk a lot almost every day.

14. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

So it would take less than a year for you guys to wear a pair of 1000 mile boots to holes? [​IMG]

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Last spring I was in Barcelona where it was 1.5km walk to train station in morning to school, 2km walk from station to school, so 6km total for school transit. That's already about 840 km for school for a semester. Add in walking to bars / clubs / pubs 5x a week plus hikes on weekends easily over 2km a semester. At school in Indiana this fall / spring I walked to and from class twice a day, 4 days a week. Each way is 2.1km. 8 months of school so 16 days a month x 8.4km just for class is about 1075km. Then factor in walking to bars / tailgates / football and basketball games, again easily over 2km a year. And I'm still wearing most of the shoes I wore in Barcelona. None have been resoled. Add to the fact that I'm about 180-185 pounds for most of this time and none of my shoes are worn out.