Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Thanks to everyone who ordered today, and I believe that most of you on on the newsletter list and have seen the new merchandise. Matt's going to post links to everything later on, we're just trying to get as much packed and shipped before today's pickups. The new Italian stuff is pretty ace!

It's definitely possible. The Italian shirts have different measurements, but have a similar overall fit. By and large, most guys will take the same size in Epaulet and Epaulet Italia, but there will be a slightly different feel and profile between the two shirts.

That said, if you're on the edge of Epaulet Medium and Epaulet Large, then there's a very good chance that an Italia medium will work great for you. I'm really happy with how these shirts came out. A proper hidden buttondown has always eluded me, and this Neopolitan maker has beautiful tailoring and fabric. That Sea Foam oxford is freaking killer.

I'd wash them first if:

1. You think that there's a chance that they'll be machine dried at some point

2. You want a very specific hem length and you like to wear trousers with no break.

Length shrinkage - if it happens - it typically minimal. A fraction of an inch. If you take trousers with break, you probably won't notice it. If you really want to dial in the length, then washing them once can't hurt.

The Marcello jackets are awesome. But something to note is that they are a true slim fit. While our Southwick Weller/Caine/Daltrey can work for a range of physiques, the Marcello is definitely a straight-up slim jacket with high armholes, a cropped length, and slim sleeves. We're not talking Thom Browne, but it is significantly slimmer than our Southwick line. Matt wears it perfectly, Dylan finds it a tiny bit tight, and I can't get it on at all.

Here's another fit pic for your consideration. The Marcello fits this guy absolutely spot-on. If you're more or less built like him, then it's going to work:

[​IMG]

The great thing about this is that when this jacket fits you, it really freaking FITS you. It moves totally in snyc with you, and it will be among the best sportcoats you've ever owned. Their lapel and shoulder construction - especially at this price - is absolutely bonkers.

The Linen officially made up about an inch smaller in the chest. So for all intents and purposes, the Navy Linen is running like a true odd size (ex Navy Linen 48/38US is closer to a 37US). If you're in doubt on sizes, then size up. It's really easy to take the body in on these as there's no body liner, but letting it out is difficult as there's very little seam allowance. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or need help in working out your size.

Last edited: May 18, 2012

2. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

So gutted that the Marcello isn't available in long... but bought one for my bro so I can live vicariously ;)

3. CaliforniaSon

CaliforniaSon Well-Known Member

not sure i understand :(

are you implying that there was only 1 pair to start with? or was that a little to close to a "jordans"-ish phrasing?

4. althanis

althanis Senior member

I have 2, and haven't put them in the dryer. If I were you I'd just allow the cold wash/hang dry to shrink it whatever little it will.

5. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Here's a Epaulet-related cleaning tip.

I managed to dump coffee on my practically new clay canvas rivet chinos the other day:censored: (sabotaged by the coffee shop worker -- lid wasn't fastened all around). Making things worse, there was cream in the coffee, and I was at work with nothing but water and paper towels. I blotted the stain (most of my left thigh) with cold water as best I could.

When I got home I soaked the pants in a quarter cup of Borax in a gallon of lukewarm water, then washed on presoak/cold/gentle. Voila! Stain gone:slayer:. Borax is pretty great stuff -- I do the same with collar/armpit stains.

The only downside is that the chinos shrunk a bit in the waist -- hoping they'll stretch with wear -- I blame the lukewarm soak but I'm pretty sure that a cold soak wouldn't have done the trick.

6. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Mike,

When will the competition end? Are you going to limit entries to one per person?

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Leaf and grey oxford cloth rivet chinos ordered this morning and shipped already. Team Epaulet is working hard so I can look good. That's what I like.

:)

8. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

No size 44 love on the Marcello jackets? I guess I just saved $545.

9. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Would be awesome if the sportcoats had patch pockets.

10. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

I feel sure I already know that the answer is no, but is there any chance you have the Alden snuff suede chukka in an 8.5E in stock at the store that maybe isn't online?

11. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Glad my order from this AM shipped too, thanks guys!

12. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

This is probably sound advice, but I'm still curious whether anyone has tried the dryer.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Field day today, but afterwards jumped in the shower and took the kiddies to the park:
    Seersucker shirt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brooklyn half tomorrow...any locals running?

Last edited: May 18, 2012

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I haven't put any of mine in the dryer, but I did just wash my 7oz French Blues (cold wash, hang dry), and I did see some noticeable shrinkage in the length. I haven't measured them yet, but the inseam now looks at least a half inch shorter when I compare them to my 10oz Caramel or Leaf Rivets. Is this normal? I didn't think they would shrink this much after a cold wash with no time in the dryer. Any chance these might loosen back up a bit after wearing? I didn't notice any other shrinkage anywhere else after putting them back on again, just the shorter length.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Yo, Rob, I will keep an eye out for you! What is your goal?