Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, apologies for that. The 34 and 36's went the day that Matt posted the restock update.

And just as a heads-up for everyone else, we're backordered on Gunmetal Canvas cloth for about 10 weeks. That means that the inventory we have now is pretty much all that we'll have until early August. I'm still stocked in size 28 through 33, so if you're looking to pick up a pair of Gunmetal Canvas chinos, you'll want to do it sooner than later.

This is my exact recommendation for care. The duck canvas will fade nicely with wear, but it's not like denim. You don't have to wear it raw or shy away from washing it in order to get the fading. It's going to happen naturally with wash and wear. Just be sure to keep them out of the dryer, as regular machine drying will dull the color overall.

Very nice!

Excellent, I'm glad that Chinomageddon can strike down in Texas as well! Here's from our side:
    1) 7oz is only going to be Payapa, Cherry, and French Blue. I didn't run it in more basic colors because it's only 1oz lighter than our standard canvas. The usual Navy, Khaki, Gunmetal, and black are fine for warmer weather already. And every chino that we run - including duck canvas - is significantly lighter than the average denim.
    2) 8oz Canvas is similar in weight to Regiment Twill. It has a different weave structure (canvas vs. diagonal twill) and the canvas feels a bit softer before washing. But they're roughly equivalent.
    3) No, the OG Gunmetal was a Japanese cloth. It was a twill and had a really soft hand. I switched to the US fabric to maintain our $135 retail. Doing the Japanese cloth these days would cost around $165.
    4) We'll restock Grey & Blue Oxford cloth. I also have a new chalk-colored 8oz canvas (somewhere between white and clay) and an awesome distressed Teal twill that's super light - like 6.5oz or so. That's all coming in the next 4 weeks or so.

You guys look great! And I agree, this cross-armed pose is pretty tough. I bet that you get all "Lean on Me" on the kids when they act out in class.

"They used to call me crazy Joe. And now they call me batman!"
    [​IMG]

Haha, excellent! Glad that you're so pleased with them!

I've got this photo - it was taken when an in-store customer picked them up. It's nice to see how they can contrast with selvedge jeans too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nadav

nadav Senior member

Does that mean the wine color won't be restocked?

3. Epaulet

Oh sorry, we'll definitely get more wine in as well

4. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Awhile back you mentioned you would be running a Pale Pink button-down.
    Is that still in the works?

5. GBear

GBear Senior member

Just received the 32 olive drab service pants...liking the 32s over the 31s for sure.

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Will you be posting any 31s in B&S? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2012

7. GBear

GBear Senior member

I would be if I didn't take my 31s french blues to the tailor to get them let out! :)

Now I know the right size to order for rivet chinos....this can be dangerous.

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Yep, that's what I thought when my shirts and chinos arrived.

[​IMG]

9. Epaulet

SHIRT CONTEST NEXT WEEK!

Hey guys,

Next week we're going to run a new contest around our Epaulet & Ashland shirting collections. Like the trouser contest, we'll ask for submissions of shirt photos and we'll have two winners, with one chosen by popular vote and one chosen by random drawing.

The prizes are totally gonzo. We will award, to each winner, a one-off Liberty Fabric mashup shirt, made totally at random from our previous cuttings.

We'll go live with the contest next Tuesday, along with the full details. So if you've got some photogenic shirt-wearing moments before then, you can start cracking at it now! Like the trousers, there's just two rules:

1. The pics have to feature our shirts in some way

2. The pics have to be new to Styleforum. That means that they haven't been previously posted on this site in any thread. As much as possible, we'd love for you guys to shoot some new pictures - this should be a creative endeavor that's fun for everyone. And even if you're not good at shooting pics, any entry will get you into the random drawing.

10. applky

applky Senior member

Wasn't that the Ashland Pink Gingham with the spread collar? Incredible shirt. This one: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1528/'Ashland-Cutaway-Collar-Pink/Detail

[​IMG]

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hey Mike,

Is this limited to your Ashland shirts? Or are all Epaulet shirts game as well?

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Sweet, i promise, no nudity this time from my end...hehe.

Here are some better shots of the regalia today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. applky

applky Senior member

^ Love that Verrazano bridge. (The fit is nice too! [​IMG])