1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

I will try to give them a call this afternoon in that case, I had a whackload of questions about my awkward fitting body and their sizing haha, so I had originally figured email would be a bit easier, but I'll make the call so I can get my order placed :)

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Assuming they aren't pinned under a collapsed pile of shipping boxes, I think they will be very helpful.

3. luzer

luzer Senior member

any update on Trouser Brolive Brushed Tweed SO?

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

1 person likes this.
  5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, please feel free to give us a call! Dylan's at the Brooklyn store today, and it's usually pretty quiet there on Fridays, he'd be happy to help you. The number is 718-522-3800, and you can call anytime between now and 7PM, EST.
    Overall, the jacket is quite light. I'd put it on the same weight as a technical insulated gore-tex piece by Arc'teryx, maybe a tiny bit heavier than that. Certainly lighter than a down jacket by the likes of Canada Goose. If you like the style, I think that you'll find this jacket to be a near-perfect balance of weight and warmth. It's not so hot or heavy that you're suffering in a car, on a subway, or inside a heated building. But with a good sweater it's SERIOUSLY warm. One of my main pet peeves is retailers presenting some sort of flimsy wool outerwear piece and telling customers that it's "toasty warm." Yeah. As if that coat you slapped together in the garment district of a cheap wool blend with a cotton liner is really going to stand up to a freezing, windy January day in Chicago. Who the hell are they kidding? Some dudes can make it through the most freezing day in the Canadian wilderness wearing a Barbour jacket and a hoodie, but believe me, I'm not one of those dudes. For a freezing day, this jacket needs a thick layering piece underneath - like a very thick sweater or even a down shirt from the likes of Patagonia. Hook that up, and you can shrug off the most freezing days. A Spiewak US-made snorkel parka was my only winter jacket for two years in Vienna, and it can totally stand up to even the "Russian Cold Fronts" that come blowing through that city. The huge hood is a life saver on windy days too.
    Thanks for picking up the Aldens! And this is excellent advice on the Bean Boots, I also have a pair for when I need something totally waterproof.
    Haha, well outside of the Bean Boot hyping that I just did above this reply, Natural Chromexcel is actually a great choice for lousy weather. It's a tough oily leather that easily stands up to rain and snow. I'll often wear my Natural CXL longwings on lousy rainy days. Put a little bit of Sno-Seal or the equivalent on it, and you're good to go. The leather will have a lot more personality than Kudu.
    Me too - let me know what you think! Thanks again!
    Yes, I'd say so - especially if you're going to hem them with no break.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Order placed for natural CXL Indys! I was looking for casual boots and these came up.

Great and useful makeup, thanks Mike and Adele. How do you care for these? I have Saphir Reno, any CXL care products you can recommend for keeping the leather in good shape?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  7. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Mike, can snow seal be used on the carmina Steinbeck brown chromexcel?

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Just got the blackwatch trousers. #literallyjizzinmypants nice

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Fair Isle Shirt and Johnstons Scarf from EP...still no voice, UGH. Haven't worked out in 3 days to rest this thing outta me and I'm already going mental, but hopefully the Butternut Squash Soup and Stuffed Okra from this GREAT new Lebanese place by me will get me feeling better:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweatshirt (W&H)
    Jeans (LVC '67 505 - like 14 days in a row)
    Boots (AldenxLSxSE Conservation Boot)
    Vest (Schott)

10. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Gave a call, had a good chat with someone, although I'm not exactly sure who haha - either way, after getting some things sorted out, I have some 34 Houndstooth Walt Trousers on the way, and a 36 Gunmetal Chino as well. I couldn't be more excited!

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Hah, I was just gonna ask if you had retired that vest. Remember the pics from back in the day. Hope you get well soon.
    Btw, I've ordered a scarf too. I think from all main categories I only have yet to order a sportcoat. Don't really wear them, but several months earlier I would have said the same about chinos [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Holy crap, that is an understatement! Mine were just delivered and I'm glad I jumped on it - I'm not sure size 30 even made it onto the site...

For anyone on the fence:
    • Navy Steep Twill is amazing - great color and rediculously soft
    • Navy UK Donegal color tone is just awesome - looks better in person even
    • The flannel (I have the Oxford Grey) looks polished but feels as comfy as sweatpants

13. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I can't confirm the navy steep twill just yet as mine are still on the way, but this flannel plum herringbone shirt I just got is stupidly soft. I'm so tempted to get the tan one too but I need to scale back on "me gifts" as the holidays are coming up.

14. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Epaulet speckled cream chambray shirt and merino spruce sweater. The color of the sweater doesn't quite come through in the photo. Perhaps Mike knows why it is so difficult to photograph greens. In any case it is a gorgeous colour. Get it.

[​IMG]

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

If you missed out on the Natural CXL LWB before, don't sleep. They are wonderful, and age amazingly.
    [​IMG]

I'm very tempted by the Natural Indys, esp w/ the commando sole. If I wear 10D in the Leydon last and it fits well, should I stick w/ it for True Balance or go down to 9.5D? Just seems so odd to wear a 9.5--I'm a 10.5 in most things, and an 11 in running shoes (11 on the Brannock device).

16. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

What a coincidence, I just listed a pair of 8.5 UK / 9.5 US

17. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Hand stitching on a non-shell Indy. Impressive, sir.

18. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

i looked at the Natty CXL Indy's at 6 AM this morning before my flight to L.A. landed in L.A. and they were sold out in my size. uuuggggghhhhh.

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Rule for buying Epaulet items: if you want to buy it, buy it. Do not hesitate. I think it is for this reason that Mike and Matt probably know my address by heart, haha :embar:

I received the blackwatch trousers today. The fabric is very soft and luxe. It looks pretty dark indoor. I am eager to see how it looks tomorrow in daylight, I think it will have a different hue.

20. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Grabbed the Indy before going to bed [​IMG]. One was left remaining in my size.
    10 hours later, and it's gone [​IMG]