Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Makes sense, thanks for the info Matt. All the Carminas I've seen do look much sleeker than any Alden I've ever worn, so they might work for me. Hopefully I can plan a trip up to NYC soon, and when I'm there I'll stop by and try some on.

I assumed snuff suede would look killer with the french blues, but yeah something just seems a little off about this. Like you said, I think it might just be the socks.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh my god. Oh lord.

So before this, I had 2 pairs of Aldens, both Barrie, but one pair is the chukkas, and the other is a size and a half too large (don't ask). Well, you know the "Barrie chukkas are not like other Barrie shoes" story? Fuck it's true. I didn't think it could possibly be as drastic a difference, but it is. It's like a different last, comparing the chukkas to these. All the problems I thought I had with the Barrie last are...gone. The heel doesn't feel as big; the toe box feels, actually, a little wider. Exactly what I needed. This is beautiful. I feel like the world has opened up a little. Relatedly, this is terrible, terrible news for my bank account.

Oh, and they smell like the nectar of the gods. Thanks, Epaulet.

(cameo from the old Epaulet camo rivets.)

edit: I'd take some better pictures, but it's raining out.

Last edited: May 9, 2012

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Nice, glad that you're enjoying them!

Carmina does have a last which can be ordered in a narrow fitting - although that's restricted to certain shapes and designs. Given your sizing, I'd recommend trying on a pair the next time that you're in NYC and we can work to dial in what you need. Carmina lasts fit well, and fit pretty easily, so as long as we get close with a medium width and last, you can be pretty confident that going to a narrow will work. We'll get Carminas delivered every three months, so there's no rush.

Oh all of those are our Ashland for Epaulet ties. We've got that one available:
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/...rs-cln-Ashland-Neckwear-by-Epaulet/Categories

Sorry for the confusion, the barberis check pants that we have are a different pattern and color. There's no exact matching trouser to that sportcoat. But man, you'd be one bold dude to rock that as a 2-piece!

Hmmm, gonna have to disagree with you here KG. French blues and snuff suede in pretty much any shoe shape is boss. And I'm a fan of wild socks - which look a bit more extreme here due to the pose.

While most guys would probably wear a more subdued, solid sock with this combo, I would totally wear this as is. I think it's cool. Not to say that loafers wouldn't be awesome too, though.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

[​IMG]

Epaulet camo shirt. Epaulet gray chinos.

In real life, the Tanner Goods belt matches the Alden NXL shoes better than in the picture.

5. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

How come it's a green box? For a moment, I thought it was Crockett & Jones. They're beautiful boots, though. Congratulations!!

Will the wingtip boot be a regular offering?

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Mike could use this picture alone to sell the CXL boots and the camo chinos.

Another excellent ensemble, WJ. That shirt looks like a great fit.

The boots are Alden, not Carmina.

7. Gerry Nelson

Thanks for that, kgmessier! My only pair of Aldens came from Brooks Brothers so I didn't recognise the box.

Let me just say again, those boots look great!

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, Keith. The fabric on the camo shirt is truly unique. It's almost 3D like. I went to the mall to pay some bills and compared to the generic camo fabrics I saw at Macy's...the difference was quite obvious.

I will keep my pictures down to one a day so I don't clutter up Mike's thread. The rest of the pictures will be on my blog. :embar:

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

RE: Carmina shoe box colors. I have 2 pairs, one is shell and the other is calf...both are in different color boxes, similar to C&Js.

10. Gerry Nelson

Very interesting! I've got 3 pairs (shell, calf and suede) which all came in the red box.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Someone wanna sell me their 33s in these Camos? :D

12. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Got my Epaulet pindot in today, great shirt but the XL is too small, emailed them with hopes of an xl in existence somewhere in the future....to my understanding gitmans are even smaller so thats not an option, here's hoping.

13. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

From my experience, Gitman shirts are actually much larger than Epaulet, like a full size and possibly then some. I have several Gitman shirts and their large is even larger than Epaulet's XL.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah Gitmans are bigger. For example M in Epaulet is S in Gitman

15. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Epaulet M is bigger than a Gitman Vintage S. I'm a small in both Epaulet and Gitman Vintage. I find the biggest differences are the Epaulet is more fitted than the GV in the mid section and the jump in measurements isn't as great in an Epaulet shirt.