Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I think this overall combination looks pretty good. I agree that you should have the SC taken in slightly in the waist. But please tuck your shirt in. And try to keep your hands out of your pockets.

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

Last night I closed out the bourbon season with a damn strong Knob Creek Single Barrel (120 proof).

Today I kicked off Gin & Tonic season with a very tasty Tanqueray and Tonic, with extra lime.

Sippin my T&T, reading this thread, it hit me....EPAULET GIN!

Sorry if I offend here, but the Vodka trend has grown way too big. As Epaulet has brought back American classics like Aldens, Gitman, made-in-the-USA Trousers and Shirts, I think its time Epaulet brings its twist to the classic American spirit..GIN.

Yes, I know, Gin comes from our Dutch/English friends, but what can be more American than the Martini ?? A vodka martini ? Hogwash. An appletini? Shoot the man who invented that.

Epaulet Gin: Pairs perfectly with a pair of Walt wool trousers and your Alden Office Indy boots. The Epaulet Martini. It's time.

Now back to my cocktail...

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

Sazon you're too funny man, hahah

4. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Looking sharp!

Most people will, although the fit on the Alden LWB Leydon last will be a bit larger.

If you feel like you're got room on your AE Park Avenues or they might on the border of being a half size too big, then you're probably safe sizing down a half on the Aldens. If the AE's fit just right, then get the Alden's in the same size.

Whoa, that looks great on her! I'm really glad that she digs it!

Hmmm, the ducks and the Navy canvas should measure pretty much the same. There's some hand-cutting involved in every rivet chino, so there may be a tiny bit of variance, but if you notice that the ducks are larger by a half inch, then you've got a new cut, old cut thing going on. The ducks won't shrink with a cold wash, but running them through warm water and machine drying them once will probably bring in the waist a bit.

Glad that the Ashland shirt worked for you! That line had a great reception this Spring, so we're going to radically expand production of it for the Fall.

Wow, that jacket and shirt is killer together! I think that the sportcoat's a great fit on you. Chest & shoulders look good, your sleeve length seems on point. Jeans are a tough match because of the lightness of that cloth. But try it with chinos or trousers in khaki, navy, or tan and you're good to go.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike:

About how many business cards do you think the CdG zip pouch can hold? I need one and I prefer the low key that CdG has. Thanks!

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Giuseppe, AWESOME! How 'bout an old school negroni? Yum...and that's always in season!

8. druffs

druffs Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback on the sportscoat guys. i think i will keep it...i agree the waist could use a bit of tailoring. the fabric is really incredible. incredibly soft, and it changes between gray and purplish depending on the light, but it's very subtle.

i had it paired with the caramel rivets i got in the order too, but i don't really have any shoes to match with it yet [​IMG]

now that i've got my size down for the rivets i'll be ordering some lighter colored ones to pair with the jacket.

mike: i stole that shirt/sportscoat combo right off your model pics for the grape blazer [​IMG] but yes, it is a really good combo.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7091728439_558e26958b_b.jpg

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

I'm down with that anytime Rob ! I think we need a NYC Epaulet get together very soon...

10. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

11. konadog

konadog Senior member

i'm currently on a buying freeze, trying to save up for a house downpayment. but i'll be in NYC in two weeks to go to SNL and the TV upfronts - which means I have to buy something from epaulet. mike, hopefully you'll be in the manhattan shop when i stop by to help me choose the boldest thing you have that fits me.

12. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

13. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

Indigo Pindot Chambray
    [​IMG]

Back in stock fellas :D

14. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the help. I guess I'm a little uncertain on dress shoes should fit. If I push my foot all the way forward in my park aves I can just squeeze an index finger between my heel and the back of the shoe. Is this typical?

Sorry for the stupid question, I've still got a lot to learn :embar:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

15. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Looking forward to seeing you guys in SF next weekend. Please bring an ample stock of trousers. I'd like to stock up.