• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rk9

Reaction score

I, like, don't even know what to say.  There is so much good stuff.  Not a huge fan of the slate calfskin but, man, everything else looks great.  Those boots will break in so nicely I bet.

I think the slate is gorgeous (but I have a soft spot for grey shoes). But I agree on those boots. They are awesome also. I have no idea what to pick!

theclipper

Reaction score
I'm really itching to pull the trigger on those natty LWB, though having a hard time justifying it on a student budget. Do you guys think they would be pretty versatile?

Thanks

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Epaulet,

you ever going to make any XXL-XXXL shirts for the bigger guys amongst us? (I'm guessing a 50" chest/18" neck is more like a XXXL if you extrapolate sizing). Those liberty shirts are pretty awesome.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really itching to pull the trigger on those natty LWB, though having a hard time justifying it on a student budget. Do you guys think they would be pretty versatile?

Thanks

in a word ... YES

very versatile and one of the best overall shoe purchases i made in recent years

edit: have a large collection of alden and all are shell cordovan with the exception of the EP natty lwb and snuff suede chukka. both of these are perf for S/S btw

Last edited:

halberdklown

Reaction score
So i got my first epaulet order yesterday, great stuff guys! I noticed something thought: both of my duck pants, carmel and leaf, were a bit more loose than the navy canvas I ordered. They are all from the same restock, so i assume all in the same new cut. Is this because the duck may shrink a little and so this was accounted for in the cut?

I also got the summer ashland shirt: perfect fit for me! Here is to hoping that a size XL in epaulet shirts will yield a similar fit, despite the -.5 in the chest.

Went ahead and ordered my first pair of walts in butterscotch because of this, although they are the same size as my rivets (34) so I hope they fit, as well as my first pair of carminas. Although I'm not a fan of the inca last, those pictures helped sway me, and plus, I hope I get better convinced once they come in :)

theclipper

Reaction score

in a word ... YES
very versatile and one of the best overall shoe purchases i made in recent years
edit: have a large collection of alden and all are shell cordovan with the exception of the EP natty lwb and snuff suede chukka. both of these are perf for S/S btw

Do they tend to darken over time?

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gf likes the carmina wingtip caramel calfskin heels but your smallest size is a us6.5. she's a 5.5/6 usually.

thanks for saving me money fellas :p

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they tend to darken over time?

apparently yes ... not my pic, but this one has circulated the alden thread here and was originally from sufu

f2e3efc7_ScreenShot2011-11-16at4.08.32PM.png

racknac

Reaction score
I bought the first run of carminas when you launched, do I go by the size on the shoe or the size on the box? I know there was some discrepancy the first time around....

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the first run of carminas when you launched, do I go by the size on the shoe or the size on the box? I know there was some discrepancy the first time around....

Oh, you can go by the number on the shoe itself. That's the UK size - which is the only thing that we use now.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
When can we expect the restock and new color releases of the Walt Regiment Twills?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm gonna try a smaller size shirt this time around to see if I can skip some tailoring, hope it works. The navy pindot still gets compliments.

PS my tailor assumes every pair of pants I bring in is from Epaulet now :embar:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads