1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I remember Mike once mentioned SVB as being one of the most helpful guys here, and he truly is [​IMG]

2. bestak

bestak Active Member

Hello

I just came back from my turkish taylor., i have let to him my epaulet pants for resizing

Epaulet gets kudos/congratulations from him for the quality of the fabric of my the Rivet Chino Oxford cloth grey

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

SVB, great write up.

Just want to echo the comments about the shoulders. These are neapolitan, and one of the features that separates a Neapolitan jacket from other styles, particularly English and American cuts, is how the shoulders fit. So listen up to what SvB has to say on this, even though the shoulder measurements are different, the fit will be as he said...right, because of the way the shoulders are built into the jacket.

And dude, it looks great on you...nice work.

1 person likes this.
  4. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I was planning on jumping on the same SVB jacket but the sizing concerns and lack of size 44s (I take a 42 in all of my EP jackets) means forever unhappy face :(

5. bestak

bestak Active Member

@thebunk:

forget what i wrote i mistake the sizing between EU and US sorry

you could try a 46EU/36US i don't think that the measures/sizing for this size are "big".
    The only issue perhaps will be the sleeve length if the "Boutonnière" is real, otherwise it's easy to fix.

The only risk you take is to resend back the item. You have to compute if the shipping cost is worth the value than having regrets to not have trying

[​IMG]

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

He's talking 54 I think...

7. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

EDIT: ..NYR beat me to it [​IMG]

8. bestak

bestak Active Member

i was refering to the post "..the sizing concerns and lack of size 44s" of "thebunk" if the 44s is not EU but 44s US well my bad ! [​IMG]

sorry for the disturb

9. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

What is your height and weight for reference?

10. applky

applky Senior member

I also have a Marcello (the blue/white cotton-silk nailhead) and love it.

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

5'10", 125.

12. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

Mike - Will anything similar to the Navy Wool/Cashmere Daltrey Sportcoat from last year be offered this year?

13. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Any suggestions for a blazer to wear with the Brown Houndstooth Walts? I was thinking navy but wondering if the dark pants/sport coat combination would look bad. My fiance and I are having an engagement party at the end of the month and I'm trying to get my outfit locked down now so I can get tailoring done. It will be at a country club, no tie, sport coat. I'm open to any suggestions.

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

yes this

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1561/Marcello-Unconstructed-Cotton-fdsh-Silk-Jacket/Detail
    [​IMG]
    or this

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1208/Weller-Sportcoat-Loro-Piana/Detail

[​IMG]

15. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

I've also got the brown houndstooth walts, they're one of my favorite pairs and people love the pattern when they see it up close. I think they look quite good with a navy DB blazer, and for sportcoats I think the camel hair one SVB suggested is very good.

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, it actually just landed yesterday. We did a Navy Heavyweight Daltrey this year. Essentially a Navy sportcoat in a overcoat-weight wool. It's so freaking fresh, and it's a great outerwear piece. I'll have that online next week.

Any suggestions for a blazer to wear with the Brown Houndstooth Walts? I was thinking navy but wondering if the dark pants/sport coat combination would look bad. My fiance and I are having an engagement party at the end of the month and I'm trying to get my outfit locked down now so I can get tailoring done. It will be at a country club, no tie, sport coat. I'm open to any suggestions.[/quote

Oh sure, it's a great match with all of these:

Caine Hopsack
    Weller Navy Super 120's
    Barrett Double Breasted Navy Super 120s
    Weller Loro Piana Baby Camel Hair
    Daltrey Navy Herringbone Harris Tweed

And they also look really boss with our Navy Moleskin overshirt. I'm just down to Medium and XL in that at the moment, but we'll have a full restock in a week or two.

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for all of the orders and the great feedback guys! Here's a recap of everything that went online yesterday:

First off is our new American-made outerwear collection. The Eisenhower and the Mulberry are our take on the classic bomber jacket. We did these in a range of gorgeous fabrics ,and the fit is dialed in.

And you guys know what kind of shoes we offer. We are seriously discriminating about leather quality here. The suede and the grained calfskin used on these jackets are amazing and supple hides. They'll blow you away in person.

You can buy the Eisenhower in your usual Epaulet shirt size. The Mulberry runs a touch smaller, so if our shirts fit you very slim, then you'll probably want to size up one.

[​IMG]
    Eisenhower Navy Melton Wool Jacket: $395

[​IMG]
    Eisenhower Loro Piana Charcoal Marl Flannel Jacket: $595

[​IMG]
    Eisenhower Tobacco Goat Suede Jacket: $895

[​IMG]
    Mulberry Chocolate Grained Calfskin Jacket: $895

18. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I have one of the Marcello's and love it. Got a lot of use over the summer. SVB is right, get them while you can.

19. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

Lot of nice stuff.
    Will you guys be doing any wide wale cords?